Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 06/10/2010 - Marque Madness Drivers School @ VIR - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 06/10/2010 - Marque Madness Drivers School @ VIR

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I was originally planning on going to this event, however work has gotten in the way and I won't be able to attend. Have a great time guys. Maybe I'll be able to get to VIR next year.
    I had the same problem. Work has gotten in the way and I can't attend Marque Madness or the weekend after. I unregistered from the Motorsportsreg.com site. Who do I talk to about getting some of my $ back?

Cheers,

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Steven,

I will be there for the Grand East Event on Saturday and Sunday.
    Can you call Florence for me?
    I have plenty of tread and new pads. Don't need to get anything else.
    Maybe I can tell her how much money I'm saving in gas since I'm already there.

Edit: I extended my reservation at the Sleep Inn.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-25-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Can you call Florence for me?
    I have plenty of tread and new pads. Don't need to get anything else.
    Maybe I can tell her how much money I'm saving in gas since I'm already there.

Edit: I extended my reservation at the Sleep Inn.
    See you Friday evening! Staying there myself. Sounds like Joe and Mina's is on for one night!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    See you Friday evening! Staying there myself. Sounds like Joe and Mina's is on for one night!
    I'm partial to the new Mexican place near Home Depot.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm down for all four days.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

If anyone is still looking for a place to stay for this event, I have a room at the lodge at VIR for Wednesay and Thursday night I wouldn't mind splitting with someone. PM me if you'd like to.

The Student Information Kit says that shorts and short-sleeved shirts are prohibited. This can't be right, can it? It will be 90 degrees outside! Do we really need to wear long-sleeved shirts?!

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZipp View Post
    The Student Information Kit says that shorts and short-sleeved shirts are prohibited. This can't be right, can it? It will be 90 degrees outside! Do we really need to wear long-sleeved shirts?!
    Yes - it is right. That policy is to reduce the potential for you being burned in the event of a fire. Safety is more important than comfort. You'll want natural fibers. You can change when not on the track.

This policy is not unique to Marque Madness.

I've been to a Tarheel DE at VIR where long sleeve shirts have been waived, but it's rare.
    I have never felt that warm wearing long sleeves, even in the heat.
    It's just 25 minutes at a time.

I don't think it's necessarily to protect against fire.
    When is the last time you saw a car catch on fire at the track?
    I can see long sleeves adding some protection in the unlikely chance of an incident.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I don't know what the official reason for it is either. I was always told it was in case your car caught on fire as well. Either way its a bit silly, but when in rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I don't know what the official reason for it is either. I was always told it was in case your car caught on fire as well. Either way its a bit silly, but when in rome.
    I agree that these "rules" are a bit silly. Trust me, if my car goes up in flames, I'm going to need more than a long sleeve cotton shirt to protect me. However this is no more stupid than the e36 radiator rules that our chapter decided was necessary.

The long sleeves and long pants have been a VIR rule for many years. On some very hot days in the last year they have made exceptions. I suggest you bring shirts of both types.
    I've also heard the reason some organizations require long sleeve shirts is protection from broken glass in an accident.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I got an email that Mazdadrivers is asking for a long sleeve waiver from VIR.
    Maybe someone can ask also?
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 06-06-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Fantastic event as last time and always , met some great people,awesome instuctors and acquired new friends. Track was great, car held up. what more can you ask for.
    My instructor was great, really helpful and patient with me. HAD A GREAT TIME. See you next time and thank you again. Tommy.

I agree with your fantastic event description Tommy. Perfect weather except for being a bit warm. NO INCIDENTS again. I heard good things about the classroom instruction. As usual, BMWs dominated with a total of 39 drivers. Fifteen were in Mercedes, 2 in Audis. There were 19 Porsche drivers (including five GT3s), 7 Miatas, and 6 Corvettes. The low numbers for Audi were probably attributable to their having their own event at VIR recently. Those of us that got there early Wednesday evening were treated to watching Juan Pablo Montoya and Robby Gordon testing their Sprint Cup cars for next Sunday's race at Sears Point in California.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information