Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 06/10/2010 - Marque Madness Drivers School @ VIR
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 06/10/2010 - Marque Madness Drivers School @ VIR

06/10/2010 - Marque Madness Drivers School @ VIR

Jun 10 - 11

Oh yes! – it's Marque Madness V – two days of driving heaven on the full course at VIR – one of the nicest, best maintained and operated road courses in the U.S. If you're a member in good standing of the Audi Club of North America, BMW Car Club of America, or Mercedes-Benz Club of America, this event is for you.

We will have run groups for all levels of experience – from absolute beginners who have never been on a road course, to drivers with years of track experience. We will have skilled instructors to help you hone your driving skills in a controlled environment. If this sounds interesting, Marque Madness V is definitely for you.

Hotel Information

Sleep Inn & Suites
    1483 South Boston Road
    Danville, VA 24540

We have arranged a block of 20 rooms reserved for Marque Madness for the nights of June 9 & 10. The block is a mix of smoking and non-smoking rooms with either two double beds ($72.99 plus tax) or one king bed ($74.99 plus tax). The block reservation and special rates are only available until May 28, 2010. Participants must make their own reservations by calling 434.793.6090 – be sure to ask for rooms in the “Audi Mercedes BMW Car Club” block. The Sleep Inn & Suites (our headquarters) is just just 8 miles from the track and has a rig-accessible parking lot adjacent to the regular parking lot. Please note: The Mazda club has a block of rooms reserved for the nights of 6/11 and 6/12. If you want to spend a third night, be sure to call and make your reservations early.

VIR also offers accomodations in the Lodge, Suites, and Villas. For rates and reservations, please see VIR's online reservation request.

Other hotel/motel options in Danville include the Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites 434-483-5000; Comfort Inn & Suites 434-793-2000; Courtyard by Marriott 434-791-2661 or 800-321- 2211; Days Inn 434-836-6745; Hampton Inn 434-793-1111; Holiday Inn Express 434-793-4000; and the Stratford Inn & Conference Center 434-793-2500 or 800-326-8455 (pet friendly).

Food and Fuel

Food is available at the track's Pagoda Restaurant. There are places along Route 58 to buy food and water. Self-serve fuel is available at the track with a credit card, but is expensive. We suggest filling up in Danville the night before.

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

More...
    '11 Alpinweiss 3 E71 X6
    '08 Silverstone II E92 M3
    '05 Phoenix Dinan S2 E46 M3
    '04 Alpine E83 X3
    '99 Estoril E36/8 M Coupe
    '29 Ford Model A 'Special Coupe'

Note, registration opens April 1 - no foolin'
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Bump
    Woody

I'll register in a few days.
    I'll book my room right now.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Note, registration opens April 1 - no foolin'
    MotorsportReg.com now shows Marque Madness V registration opening Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:00AM
    2006 Z4 M Coupe

Sorry Tom. I just found out we are still fine-tuning the registration set up. The target date for opening registration is now April 10.
    Woody

Registration is open.

I'm in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Re: 06/10/2010 - Marque Madness Drivers School @ VIR

I'm in as well, looking forward to seeing everybody.
    2006 Z4 M Coupe

I just registered as well. Much easier than last time . Cannot wait . See you good folks there. Caravans ?

Newbie here. I'm in! Driving down from Leesburg, if anyone wants to join me.

Self-serve fuel is available at the track with a credit card, but is expensive. We suggest filling up in Danville the night before.
    This is not true anymore.
    While gas is more at the track, it's not that much more. It is actually quite reasonable considering it's right there.

Certainly fill up the night before, but if you need gas during the day, consider onsite gas.
    I can't go too much below 1/2 tanks before fuel starvation coming out of T1 so this comes in handy.
    Besides the gas station in Milton closed.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Anyone know if the Miata club is letting non-club members join their event for Saturday and Sunday following Marque Madness?

If so, can someone provide a link to their website?

Thanks.

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by FLi GLi View Post
    Anyone know if the Miata club is letting non-club members join their event for Saturday and Sunday following Marque Madness?

If so, can someone provide a link to their website?

Thanks.

FLi
    I believe MazdaDrivers is independent from the Mazda clubs.
    http://www.mazdadrivers.com/

I think I've driven with them twice. Maybe once. Well run school.
    Make it a 4 day weekend.

Now you got me thinking. Do I stay for the weekend?
    One thing I don't like about the Grand East is if the session is black flagged, you pretty much loose the entire session.
    I think there's about 7 laps per session.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-27-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I believe MazdaDrivers is independent from the Mazda clubs.
    http://www.mazdadrivers.com/

I think I've driven with them twice. Maybe once. Well run school.
    Make it a 4 day weekend

Now you got me thinking. Do I stay for the weekend?
    One thing I don't like about the Grand East is if the session is black flagged, you pretty much loose the entire session.
    I think there's about 7 laps per session.
    Thanks for the info.

Weekend track time must cost more - $435 for Sat and Sund.

I'm still pondering the idea. Wonder if my car can take 4 solid days of track time :-).

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by FLi GLi View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Weekend track time must cost more - $435 for Sat and Sund.

I'm still pondering the idea. Wonder if my car can take 4 solid days of track time :-).

FLi
    The Grand East is expensive to rent. It takes a lot of corner workers.
    After 4 days I was exhausted. I bailed on my last session.
    Come to think about it, I probably only did the 4 days once and probably done the Grand East 3 or 4 times.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information