Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 06/04/2010 - Spring Tour - Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort, Cumberland, MD

Thread: 06/04/2010 - Spring Tour - Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort, Cumberland, MD

Hybrid View

06/04/2010 - Spring Tour - Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort, Cumberland, MD

Click here for tour registration: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....ABF6E2CE3F5222

This year’s Spring Tour is to the Rocky Gap Lodge and Golf Resort in Flintstone, MD from June 4-6, 2010. The Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort is AAA Four Diamond award winning resort which sits in a beautiful forested area on a 243-acre lake at the foothills of Rocky Gap State Park, in the heart of historic Cumberland Valley. Register today! We have limited space available for this tour!

I have decided to make it an overnight tour with an optional second night. Based on feedback received during the Winter Tour and Pie Run, I have decided to add an optional second night to allow people additional time to enjoy the spa, a round of golf, and other activities after the long, fun drive up. With the additional night, you can relax on Friday afternoon and enjoy the resort on Saturday.

Those of us leaving on Friday, the 4th, will depart from Bob Evans Restaurant in Chantilly, VA at 8 a.m. Those of us leaving on Saturday, the 5th, will depart the same Bob Evans Restaurant at 8 a.m. Breakfast will be at your expense if you choose to eat at the restaurant. Someone will be appointed to handle the drivers’ meeting, answer questions, and hand out extra directions on Saturday. We will stop for lunch on the way to the resort. The lunch spot will be the same for the Saturday group as well. On Saturday evening, we will have a dinner banquet at the resort.

Hotel Rooms

Book your hotel rooms today! We have secured a special group rate with the Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort! To receive the special discounted rate of $115/night (single or double occupancy, plus applicable taxes), please contact the Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort directly by calling 301-784-8400. In order to receive the special rate, please reference BMW Car Club of America, National Capital Chapter. The discounted group rate expires after May 7, 2010. After May 7, 2010, reservations or changes to existing reservations will be accepted based upon space and rate availability. I will try to make reserve another block of rooms at this rate when we fill this room block. I cannot guarantee that the second block will have the same rate. So don't wait until the last minute!!!

All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a credit card. The Resort will not hold any reservation unless secured by a credit card. In the event a guest wishes to cancel a reservation, the deposit is refundable if notice is received before three (3) days prior to the day of arrival and a cancellation number is obtained.

Food

As previously mentioned, we will provide lunch during the drive (on Friday or Saturday) as well as the banquet dinner on Saturday evening. For this, members and associate members will enjoy a special price of $75/person for the tour. The price for non-members is $95/person. If you are not a member, the discount for this event nearly covers a year’s membership. This cost for room and food is on par with past overnight tours, sans the optional 2nd night.

Golf

The special group price for golf on the award winning Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course is $65.00 per person for eighteen holes, inclusive of golf cart, GPS and Usage fee. Please book tee times directly with the resort and mention the BMW Car Club of America, National Capital Chapter to receive the special group rate.

Cancellation and Reduction – The cancellation or reduction in the number of tee times after initial booking will cause a substantial financial disadvantage to Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort. If you cancel reserved tee times or reduces number of reserved tee times, you will be subject to fees according to

the following schedule:

14-29 days prior to scheduled play 50% of amount paid

8–13 days prior to scheduled play 75% of amount paid

Less than 8 days prior to scheduled play 100% of amount paid

Proper golf attire is required for all players and any guests. Men shall wear collared shirts and not less than quarter length sleeves. Women’s blouses and shirts must be of customary golf nature. Shorts will have pockets. “Cut-offs”. Jogging shorts, swimwear and/or jeans are not permitted. All players are required to wear golf shoes. Proper golf attire is solely at the discretion of the Golf Professional. “Non-metal Spikes” are required at Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort.

No personal coolers or other beverage containers are permitted on the golf course. A beverage cart may be arranged in advance for the exclusive use of your group through Conference Services at Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort.

Feel free to email me if you are interested in playing golf. I will forward your email on to other interested persons.

Spa

Please see the resort’s site for spa pricing and reservations. Maryland Spa Resorts | Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort - Spa | Cumberland MD Spa Resorts

Others Activities

• A professional staff of wilderness, adventure and incentive planners to plan all of your on-resort and off-resort activities

• Tennis courts

• Jogging path

• Yoga classes

• 25-Miles of hiking/biking trails

• Rock climbing

• Children's activities and programs

• Canoeing, paddle boating and pontoon boat rides

• Horseback riding

• Paintballing

• Rappelling

• Geocaching (using GPS to find treasures)

• Team building and orienteering

• Whitewater rafting

• Fly fishing

• ATV tours

• Natural outdoor aviary with rare birds

• Outdoor fountains

• Historical tours

When you get to the payment page, you can skip payment option if you are mailing a check.

Motorsportreg.com charges a 5% fee for paying via their site using a card.

*Note: You reserve & pay for your room directly with the Rocky Gap Resort.

Room price is per room, not person. A single room is the same price as a double room.

Feel free to PM me or email ncctours@verizon.net with any questions or issues.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 04-21-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: update OP
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Is Friday, June 4 Correct? Is the entire weekend spent at the resort or is there a road ralley involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Is Friday, June 4 Correct? Is the entire weekend spent at the resort or is there a road ralley involved?
    Yes it will be June 4-6. Those people who will leave on Friday will follow the tour route. For the people leaving on Saturday, June 5th will meet up at the same spot as the Friday crew and follow the route. I will have a person selected to coordinate everyone leaving and meeting for lunch and arriving at the resort.
    The reason for the adding the extra day is because Friday will allow for driving and getting to the resort to relax and Saturday will allow for people to enjoy a day of golfing and spa treatments.
    Friday is an optional night. I have reserved rooms for Friday for two nights and Saturday check-in for one night.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

I'm sorry to be dense, but will there not be an organized drive on Saturday for people who can't take Friday off for this? Do you have a start time for the drive on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    Yes it will be June 4-6. Those people who will leave on Friday will follow the tour route. For the people leaving on Saturday, June 5th will meet up at the same spot as the Friday crew and follow the route. I will have a person selected to coordinate everyone leaving and meeting for lunch and arriving at the resort.
    The reason for the adding the extra day is because Friday will allow for driving and getting to the resort to relax and Saturday will allow for people to enjoy a day of golfing and spa treatments.
    Friday is an optional night. I have reserved rooms for Friday for two nights and Saturday check-in for one night.

Clarese the answer to your questions are now listed in the OP.

To all to pay for the Friday or Saturday (dependent on day you are leaving) and Saturday dinner you can either use Motorsportreg.com (I will post the link when it goes up tonight). There is a 10% processing fee for using their site to process credit cards

OR

you can mail a check payable to NCCBMWCCA. Please include membership number(s) in memo area
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 04-21-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: change processing fee from 10% to 5%
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

I had a great time this past weekend at the tour. I'm glad we left Friday and spent the extra day at the resort since there was so much to do there. The roads were a BLAST to drive too!!!

Anyone have any feedback?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Everything was great! Let's do it all again next year!
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

Feedback? Sure. As always, it's amazing that some club members are selfless enough to put so much time and effort into helping the rest of us have a good time. Thanks!! Our Saturday route instructions were spot-on. Much appreciated. I think the resort tried to be accomodating and helpful (parking lot reserved, reasonable drink prices, tasty food). Staying at a place with so much to do after an early arrival = really nice. And the window view out over the lake = just great! Successful tour in my book.

I had a great time! My navigator has decided to become a club member even though she does not (yet) own a Bimmer - she had a great time, too. The roads after lunch were *amazing*, and the resort was very nice. I'm looking forward to the fall tour

Quote Originally Posted by thotts View Post
    Everything was great! Let's do it all again next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarese View Post
    I had a great time! My navigator has decided to become a club member even though she does not (yet) own a Bimmer - she had a great time, too. The roads after lunch were *amazing*, and the resort was very nice. I'm looking forward to the fall tour
    UMMM, not sure if you two received the memo, but there is this season in between spring and fall known as.....SUMMER!!! Hence that tour is called the Summer Tour. SMH
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Thread Information