Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) SCCA Practice AX March 28 - Registration Open Until Wednesday Night - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2010) SCCA Practice AX March 28 - Registration Open Until Wednesday Night

I had an awesome time at the event. My friend Jason Hubbard has been gracious enough to let me run his RSX-S in ST for the season. Today was the first time I've really competed in his car, I've only driven it a couple times before hand. The car overall felt pretty good. It dosen't handle nearly as good as my civic but it definitly has much more power, which is exactly what I need on the lot climbing up that hill. Even though I could probably easily take ST again this year in my civic, running his RSX-S levels the playing field a little and will push me harder to drive better to win. I ended up taking 1st place with a clean 61.999 on my 3rd run. My best raw time was my 4th run with a 61.017 +1, apparently tapped a cone somewhere at the top of the lot. I loved that done hill box section, I kept it clean and felt like I nailed it.

Here's my video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAe3M7jMB2I

Here's Jason's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKP2O57hwdc

Oh BTW, Jason was driving home from the event and his car started making a weird thumping noise and the steering wheel was shaking. He pulled over, checked everything, shook the wheels, etc... didn't see anything wrong and continued to limp it home slowly. Just a few minutes from his house, the driver side front wheel comes off, ludges up in the fender and then pops out droping his car to the ground... He said somehow the lugnuts sheered off letting go of the wheel. He said he checked them when he pulled over too. From what he told me quickly, it sounded like more cosmetic damage than anything too serious. I'm just so damn glad that didn't happen to us while running the course or when he was at highway speeds... We should be able to get it fixed up by the next WDCR event hopefully.

Mike, wish I could have stayed and watched your runs. Did you get some in-car vid? Post it up if you did.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I guess the STR times are just lumped into PAX this year?

It appears the shake-up in classes this year is putting some different cars/drivers at the top on the results, hmm...
    The draft results had a bit of a screwup in them, they are working on that.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I guess the STR times are just lumped into PAX this year?

It appears the shake-up in classes this year is putting some different cars/drivers at the top on the results, hmm...
    For some reason the STR results didn't show up when they were posted - perhaps because it is a new class. Hopefully they are correcting it.
    You may be able to see the STR results on this draft:
    http://www.wdcr-scca.org/SoloAutocro...2/Default.aspx

Chris, can you expand on the "shake up"?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

If these videos don't sell more people on doing the SCCA events, I don't know what will.

AJ, do you know if Jason had ever run the car with that wheel not tightened down? That's the only thing I know of that would weaken the lug nuts enough that they would shear. Were they torqued before the autocross?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Or were they aluminum? We've seen that before.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I'm unsure of what really happened. He told me that the lugnuts completely stripped the studs smooth and one studs was completely severed at the point where the rim and the nut met. I don't know if he has ever ran them with loose lug nuts. I doubt it since he is pretty careful when it comes to tightening and checking things. He did run his car Saturday at the CDC event without issues. We're both assuming it was just complete lugnut failure. I don't know if they are aluminum, I'll check with him and what brand they are.

Here some pictures he took

Read on his wifes facebook that the tow truck charged them a good sum of money. They are going through insurance and the car is at the shop now.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    For some reason the STR results didn't show up when they were posted - perhaps because it is a new class. Hopefully they are correcting it.
    You may be able to see the STR results on this draft:
    http://www.wdcr-scca.org/SoloAutocro...2/Default.aspx

Chris, can you expand on the "shake up"?
    I'm referring to the "fast" cars in stock classes getting moved around: Corvettes, Minis, S2ks mainly, the addition of STR, and moving EG Civic Si's to FSP where I always wanted to run a 318 on R's.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to stay around to watch STU Mike. Besides beating another M3 whose driver will remain anonymous for now, what did you think of that course?
    The course was HUGE, fast and open. The walk-through must have taken me at least 8 minutes and I like to get at least two of them before I run. And I think the mean time for the course was still around 65 seconds which is mind-boggling considering the size. I like their use of walls and pointers to minimize navigation errors. I was able to memorize some of the sections but I missed a couple of spots hence the two DNFs. Did I say the course was HUGE?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Mike, wish I could have stayed and watched your runs. Did you get some in-car vid? Post it up if you did.
    I should have ridden with you to see how you ran it. No in-car video this time since SCCA apparently requires the camera to be tethered. I do have a shaky and out-of-focus video of your run from the sidelines and I'll get that posted later this week.
    Last edited by agreatham; 03-29-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I'm unsure of what really happened. He told me that the lugnuts completely stripped the studs smooth and one studs was completely severed at the point where the rim and the nut met.
    I know what happened. You literally DROVE THE WHEELS OFF THE CAR! Nice driving, BTW!
    Last edited by joenationwide; 03-29-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Nice videos, I will have to take my camera again next event. If I had stayed in BSP I would have been first instead of 6th in STR. The move from R comps to Street tires has me playing it too safe, not anywhere near the edge of grip. 3 more evnts coming up in April and I hope to get there soon.

It was a great course, checking my odometer it was 1 mile from my grid spot, around the course and back to my grid spot.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    I know what happened. You literally DROVE THE WHEELS OFF THE CAR! Nice driving, BTW!
    LOL I guess so haha.

Here's in car video Jason got on his camera. Little better view of the line and rotation.

My runs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTIwZPqdEeE

Jasons runs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fz3HyQaDwU

I can pretty clearly see the differences. Couple different approaches on the course and he needs to be more agressive. His intake is so loud, esp when it hits vtec, I can tell he wasn't on the gas early enough or hard enough in certain spots. Needs to work on being ahead of the cones too, he was late on the slalom a couple times.

PICTARS! courtesy of Danny Kao!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mvkao/c...7623735745828/

my faves:

Blast from the Past! How'd that get in there??
    Last edited by joenationwide; 03-31-2010 at 11:32 AM.

AJ's third run taken from the sidelines

Thread Information