Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) SCCA Practice AX March 28 - Registration Open Until Wednesday Night
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (2010) SCCA Practice AX March 28 - Registration Open Until Wednesday Night

(2010) SCCA Practice AX March 28 - Registration Open Until Wednesday Night

FIRST, in case you missed in in the other 13-page thread, last Saturday's BMW AX results are posted here:
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/downloads...id=16&act=down

Registration is open for the DC Region, SCCA's Practice Autocross on Sunday, March 28. It's on one of the big lots at FedEx Field. www.dlbracing.com Select Washington DC Region SCCA from drop down menu of clubs. This event requires SCCA membership.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Registered.

Maraya, change your class to STU. You get a better PAX than BS. You're still hopelessly out-classed by boost buggies but you'll be in good company to suffer.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I'm signed up for the season so I'll be there. I'll be running my buddies RSX-S in ST though. I plan on running it throughout the season but if for some reason I can't pull wins in it, I'll be back in my Civic lol. Just trying to give my 207K all original motor a little break until I can get a new(ish) motor...My car won't even be there as I'm traveling right after the event.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I'm doing the season plan with SCCA but will be out of town for the practice day. Big Miata get-together in Myrtle Beach this weekend.

From the looks of things, just breaking into the top ten of a very top-heavy STS class might be the only realistic goal for me.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    I'm doing the season plan with SCCA but will be out of town for the practice day. Big Miata get-together in Myrtle Beach this weekend.

From the looks of things, just breaking into the top ten of a very top-heavy STS class might be the only realistic goal for me.
    Yeah, STS has 6 committee members I think, plus a lot of veterans. The good news is, with that level of competition you'll get fast quick. Mike Neary helped me get fast in STU with my E36 M3, enough to where I could compete on the same level. I'll be in STS this year in my red Miata. Feel free to come by and ask questions to me or any of the guys in the class. We are always willing to help people get just fast enough, but once you start beating us youre on your own!

Can you show me how to get fast in STU? I still think my car is hopeless in the class. Of course last time I said that Clint Boyd took 1st in an e46 m3 and put me to shame. I think I was 10th out of 15.
    Mike R.

I wanted to do this one, but I'll be out of town. I've never done an SCCA event, or any event at Fedex. You guys think I'd get destroyed in SCCA BSP? J/K, I already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Can you show me how to get fast in STU? I still think my car is hopeless in the class. Of course last time I said that Clint Boyd took 1st in an e46 m3 and put me to shame. I think I was 10th out of 15.
    Yeah sure! The E46 M3 can be fast in STU. Brian Hair was in the trophies when he borrowed Nick's E46 M3. All you need is suspension, good alignment, and some 275 or 285/35/18s. Removing some weight will help a lot as well. Should be able to remove 200lbs pretty easily. You can PM me if you want to discuss more. Or hit me up on bf.c under the same name joenationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    I wanted to do this one, but I'll be out of town. I've never done an SCCA event, or any event at Fedex. You guys think I'd get destroyed in SCCA BSP? J/K, I already know.
    Why BSP? What keeps you out of STU? You could do well at SCCA events based on your driving Saturday.

My car is a mirror of Nick's except for the wheels / tires, and he gave me a lot of advice on prep. I've got a very lightweight wheel setup as well (16lbs), but I can only get 255 square on them right now. I'm considering bigger for later in the year or next year, depending on how I do this year. No significant weight loss is allowed in STU remember, you're required to run full interior & carpets. My car was weighed in STU trim at 3330lbs, which is actually light for an E46 M3, sadly. Now I can build a car to mirror someone's, but I don't know if I can build this driver to mirror Brian!
    Mike R.

My car is a mirror of Nick's except for the wheels / tires, and he gave me a lot of advice on prep. I've got a very lightweight wheel setup as well (16lbs), but I can only get 255 square on them right now. I'm considering bigger for later in the year or next year, depending on how I do this year. No significant weight loss is allowed in STU remember, you're required to run full interior & carpets. My car was weighed in STU trim at 3330lbs, which is actually light for an E46 M3, sadly. Now I can build a car to mirror someone's, but I don't know if I can build this driver to mirror Brian!
    I think I remember Nick or someone else calculate an STU prepped E46 M3 should be able to get down to 3090lbs. This means no sunroof, ltw seats, ltw battery, no spare tire, ltw exhaust, ltw wheels, and some other things. I saved about 150lbs on my E36 M3 in STU trim, got down to 3000# even, and Mike Neary was at 2950#! Send me a PM and we can chat about it off-line.

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Why BSP? What keeps you out of STU? You could do well at SCCA events based on your driving Saturday.
    Steering wheel. I removed the airbag wheel to extend the steering column. That's it, and I don't have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Steering wheel. I removed the airbag wheel to extend the steering column. That's it, and I don't have a choice.
    pshhh. Don't worry about it. Its not like you're running a National Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    pshhh. Don't worry about it. Its not like you're running a National Tour.
    Well OK then. I've heard the same (sort of) from Woody. STU it is.

Yeah generally within regional compeition, something like that dosen't matter very much. Especially if you make it aware to the others in the class. Now if you start winning, they might give you a hard time but probably not a big deal.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Angry

change your class to STU. You get a better PAX than BS. You're still hopelessly out-classed by boost buggies but you'll be in good company to suffer.
    It took me half an hour of reading the rule book to figure out what damn class my car's supposed to be in for 2010 and I'm not doing any more research.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Thread Information