Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New House - Garage Colors?

Thread: New House - Garage Colors?

New House - Garage Colors?

We are starting down the home stretch with our new house, and it won't be long before we get to paint choices. I can't seem to settle on what to do in the garage.

I'm having Premier Garage do the floor, so I want the walls to be something other than white. I've had a few thoughts, but I haven't thought of anything that seals the deal.

I'd like to hear some suggestions - but no "Guy Fieri" suggestions or the like. The Premier floor, and one color for the walls & ceiling. It is a good size, 24' x 25' with 12' ceilings.

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Some of the granite-like finishes on garage floors are beautiful, but I'd hate to have to find a fastener on it! A buddy had Home Depot do his with black, color chips and clear coat but as I said...
    Last edited by John in VA; 03-24-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Showing dirt is fine. I'll take a dirty floor that I can find things on over a "pretty" floor than I can't any day. Besides, a reasonable cleaning effort everyone once in a while works fine.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

I will be getting one of the floor options with flecks - the solid colors are too close to a mirror for me, and the guy from Premier Garage said that he only does solid colors with some grit in them for traction. Their most popular color combo is on the beige side, which would tend to hide some dirt - but I'm not married to that color.

As for the walls, I was thinking either light blue or light grey, but that's why I thought I would put it out here for ideas. I like the idea of the front (rear?) wall being a different color, but the builder would charge extra to do that, and with all the other upcharges and panic surrounding this project that may have to wait until later.

I worked it with Premier Garage and the builder to do the floor before we take posession, so the floor will be done before the sink is installed, and I can put the 'permanent' items like shelving up and move stuff onto them in one move.

Thanks, and keep the ideas coming.

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Thread Information