Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMWs and Courtesy

Thread: BMWs and Courtesy

BMWs and Courtesy

Now that we have been driving our BMWs for over a year, my wife and I have observed an interesting phenomenon and I was wondering if others here have also experienced it.

We have observed that fellow BMW drivers seem to be extra courteous to us when we are in our BMWs. We have also observed a bit of German marque courtesy from Audi and Mercedes drivers, but not so much from Volkswagen drivers.

On the other hand, drivers in American and Japanese vehicles seem to go out of their way to be rude.

Do you get or give BMW courtesy?

Do non-German car drivers act rudely to your BMW?
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    We have observed that fellow BMW drivers seem to be extra courteous to us when we are in our BMWs. We have also observed a bit of German marque courtesy from Audi and Mercedes drivers, but not so much from Volkswagen drivers.
    I find drivers in general to be rude and inconsiderate or maybe just oblivious to their surroundings.
    I find them more rude when I am in a BMW.
    I find them friendlier when I'm driving the Mini.
    I certainly have not found any BMW drivers treating me better than anyone else.
    The only place I find any courtesy is on the track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Angry

I find when I drive my Jeep, BMW owners like to cut me off!!!

Then again, everyone cuts me off when I drive in the Jeep.

On the track -- 99% of the drivers are VERY courteous and respectful. Only 1% do not point you by and mash the pedal in their 470 rwhp saleen mustang, yeah, I'm bitter at that person

I get the same amount of courtesy from other BMW and German marque drivers-I don't notice any more or any less from the average driver.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    We have also observed a bit of German marque courtesy from Audi and Mercedes drivers, but not so much from Volkswagen drivers.
    I did get some obnoxious behavior from BMW owners when I was using my friend's CLK430. Guys in E46 Coupes would always try to drag race me or go out of their way to not let me into a lane.

when i had my VW, other veedubs were nice to me on the whole

ive only had the bimmer for a few weeks now but i do notice some friendliness given by other BMW drivers... they tend to let you in front of them

Well BMW's are the greatest car ever, so basically we own the road.

I usually get awkward stares from all cars... but maybe that's because of the obnoxiously loud exhaust and all of the stickers.

Red face

in my case, usually the local police vehicles are the most courteous ones. they almost always would yield to me, let me go first. then follow me around for miles. ain't they nice?

D.J.

Quote Originally Posted by madkow70
    in my case, usually the local police vehicles are the most courteous ones. they almost always would yield to me, let me go first. then follow me around for miles. ain't they nice?

D.J.
    Then they pull me over and invite me to see them again in a few months.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information