Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 106 to 119 of 119

Thread: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

                  
   
  1. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    307
    Jim that video is hilarious!!! I loved the bleep'ing self-edits. And the part about the book.

    But, where is the self-testimonial from later in the day about what a beautiful day it turned out to be after seeming like it would be so shitty?
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

  2. #107
    Senior Member flohtingPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Jim that video is hilarious!!! I loved the bleep'ing self-edits. And the part about the book.

    But, where is the self-testimonial from later in the day about what a beautiful day it turned out to be after seeming like it would be so shitty?
    I didn't want to constantly remind myself that my Corolla missed an amazing course... =(

  3. #108
    Senior Member civicexracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    270
    Mazda James- real nice run man!

    Crazy James- lmao, awesome video. I've always wanted to do an "AutoX Day" video pretty much just like what you did. From the beginning of the day leaving home throughout the rest of the day. I liked that you got the students names and whatnot, gives a good perspective and maybe the club can use a video like that to promote events.

    wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

  4. #109
    Senior Member flohtingPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Crazy James- lmao, awesome video. I've always wanted to do an "AutoX Day" video pretty much just like what you did. From the beginning of the day leaving home throughout the rest of the day. I liked that you got the students names and whatnot, gives a good perspective and maybe the club can use a video like that to promote events.
    Glad you dug it AJ. Yea, I slapped that together last night cause I couldn't sleep.

    I'm planning on doing a video for the Northeastern Div Championship and the Pro Solo day, so if you want to contribute footage it'd be awesome. I cant be everywhere at once, nor do I know everyone, so different perspectives will always help.

  5. #110
    Senior Member civicexracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    Glad you dug it AJ. Yea, I slapped that together last night cause I couldn't sleep.

    I'm planning on doing a video for the Northeastern Div Championship and the Pro Solo day, so if you want to contribute footage it'd be awesome. I cant be everywhere at once, nor do I know everyone, so different perspectives will always help.
    Hell yeah I'm in, that would be sweet.

    wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

  6. #111
    Senior Member agreatham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    I think we all really need to thank Sam Bell for his course designs.
    They are not only great in and of themselves, but he was able to figure out how to break a great course in to three segments for the morning practice. That's like grandmaster level course designing.
    Hear, hear! I know I gave Sam crap last year for that really tight and confusing course at MSP but designing three courses that could be linked into one gigantic course that's like serious Voltron stuff.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

  7. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    159


    Damn. That just brought back memories.

  8. #113
    Thanks again!

    Does anybody remember a different Voltron? Made of a bunch of cars or something? I dunno I could be makin it up.

    I think I saw that clip like 100,000 times in fifth grade.

  9. #114
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loudoun County
    Posts
    2
    Not sure if I missed it but have the times been posted on the site yet?

    Thanks to the instructors for introducing me to Autocross!

  10. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Speede S View Post
    Can't wait to see it! Thanks for taking the time to get it together and uploaded and for riding with me on the slalom portion of the school I appreciate it much


    Christie
    #201, mini cooper s
    Here you go, Christie. I hope you and James don't mind me leaving your conversation in there from after your run. James really knows what he's talking about, and the advice he's giving would apply to almost everyone else who was there, including the instructors :-)


  11. #116
    Hi Jim, thanks for sharing the video!! I would love to see your AE-86 next time.

  12. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Here you go, Christie. I hope you and James don't mind me leaving your conversation in there from after your run. James really knows what he's talking about, and the advice he's giving would apply to almost everyone else who was there, including the instructors :-)

    Ron thanks for taking the time to post all of those videos, too bad I didn't follow my own advice.
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

  13. #118
    Senior Member mcoupemindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haymarket, VA 20169
    Posts
    1,931
    Time results are now available at www.nccautocross.com - enjoy!
    Jonathan Thayer - jonathan.michael.thayer@gmail.com
    '99 Imola Red M Coupe, '08 Interlagos Blue Z4M Coupe

  14. #119
    Someone's been busy tabulating data lately....

    Thanks, Jonathan!
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

    Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter Event 05/22/2010 - Driving School @ Shenandoah
    By webmaster in forum HPDE sponsored by Specr53.com
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
  2. Chapter Event 04/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #2
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
  3. Chapter Event 03/13/2010 - Autocross School #1
    By mcoupemindy in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 09:20 AM
  4. (2010) Sign-Up Now: Autocross School Notification List
    By mcoupemindy in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM
  5. Other Event 04/10/2010 - Concours Judging School
    By John in VA in forum Concours
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 12:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •