Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2 - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I've only really ran a RWD car on a course once before toda(Andy Huo's M Coupe)
    AJ, feel free to borrow mine. One thing I've noticed with your driving is that you keep the car smooth at all times which is something I can't seem to do with mine. I've had Brian Hair drive my M3 and I'd like to see how you drive it.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    Guys I had an awesome time! Thanks to Chris(I think that was his name) for helping me plug my tire after I picked up a 1/4 drill extension. Almost ruined my day. I'm not sure how good my times are and really should have had an instructor, but my buddy showed up and I took him for a ride. I'm mad because me trying to show off made me forget what they taught. I became sloppy trying to be fast. There is always next time. Again thanks to all the instructors who helped and everyone else that made this an awesome day! See you all in May. I got video with my new GoPro Hero, so after I learn how I'll post video.
    Any time, man. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the rest of the day. See you at Summit Pt!

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    This is unrelated to today's event, but here is a really funny video from one week ago at the now slippery Fedex Field. This is an otherwise excellent driver who was caught off guard by the new sealed pavement there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo33U...os=0Fxn0a0w4eY

The same happened to me, and I really looked like a dumbass, but his is really funny.

For those that don't know, the video is from Fedex Field and the huge lot is used for the SCCA competitions. If anyone wants info about upcoming events there with that group, we'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to know.
    Just the engine sounds coming from that thing crack me up! Good stuff, though admittedly, I do not regret missing the Fedex Field event. Looks like it was more frustration than it's worth. I remember the video you posted of your run... literally seemed like ice and lots of it.

EDIT: realized why the kart engine was so funny... reminded me of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXEDUVkbt8
    Last edited by turbosporttsi; 04-25-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

To the autocross committee: As I'm sure you know, the morning exercises were a bit chaotic and rushed, but they were a great experience. Overall, I thought the school was awesome. Talking to some of the first timers, I'd have to say that they agree. Pretty much every person I spoke with was ecstatic. It's a pretty good feeling at the end of the day when everyone is so satisfied with the day's activities. Keep up the good work, guys!
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    James's car IS the bomb. I would like to see what you (or Brian) could do in it since I think James really keeps the car near its limits the whole time. I wonder how much left there is in it.
    I like keeping it near the limits, however more times than not I push it too far just like today. My car trades power for agility, but does not take kindly to sloppy inputs and after watching AJ drive on a number of ocassions I think it would suit him well, he seems to be a very smooth driver, it might be scary to put Brian behind the wheel.
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by edfooliu View Post
    Had a great time instructing today, and it was an excellent first experience with NCC. Can't ask for much more than a well-run event and responsive students. Even the weather cooperated =)

Edwin, Jim, Ethan, and all of our other 'first time' instructors.... THANK YOU everyone for coming out today and helping make the day such a success.

I had a great time. John A I'll be looking for you closely (and deflating tires) at the next event!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Video of my run with co-pilot Noel:

Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

It was a fun day having sat with Noel and James driving my car spinning and saving from going off course while doing the exercises in the morning. Thanks for sharing the videos, it was exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    Noel was the king today he threw down a 48.5xx with a passenger, best I could do was a 49.1xx, once I have some time I will try to put the video up. I had a great time and hopefully was able to give a little something back to the students today. #201 in the Mini great job!!! you really nailed the slalom sections, work on getting a little quicker launch and you will be killing it. AJ should give those guys in ST a break and joinn us in STR.
    Yeah ... Damn Noel beat me again. Grrr. I was only able to get a 48.6xx with a passenger and a full tank of gas.

... if only I had the Z4 suspension ...

Thank you to all the instructors and organizers! I had a great time and learned a ton. I'm hooked and will be coming to more of the autocross events run by NCC. Is there going to be someplace to look at our times from the afternoon session? I kinda want to compare the number of cones I thought I hit with the number I actually hit.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Chili Red R56 Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by NAProf View Post
    Thank you to all the instructors and organizers! I had a great time and learned a ton. I'm hooked and will be coming to more of the autocross events run by NCC. Is there going to be someplace to look at our times from the afternoon session? I kinda want to compare the number of cones I thought I hit with the number I actually hit.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Chili Red R56 Cooper S
    Greg,

We haven't posted the times yet, however I plan on taking care of this within the next couple of days.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Edwin, Jim, Ethan, and all of our other 'first time' instructors.... THANK YOU everyone for coming out today and helping make the day such a success.

I had a great time. John A I'll be looking for you closely (and deflating tires) at the next event!
    Not a problem man.

Direct quote from returning the Crystler 300 to National last night:
    Worker: Any problems with the car Sir?
    Jim: Yea, it smells broken and could only do a 57...
    Worker: Huh?
    Jim: Nothing. *starts walking away*
    Worker: *yelling at me in the distance* You're right Sir, this car does smell bad!

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic time!! It was my first time and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks to all the great instructors and all around nice folks!

Had a awesome time again, thanks for a great event. Thanks for riding with me AJ, learned a lot. See you all at Summit Pt!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    Noel was the king today he threw down a 48.5xx with a passenger, best I could do was a 49.1xx, once I have some time I will try to put the video up. I had a great time and hopefully was able to give a little something back to the students today. #201 in the Mini great job!!! you really nailed the slalom sections, work on getting a little quicker launch and you will be killing it. AJ should give those guys in ST a break and joinn us in STR.
    Thanks for your pointers they were a big help!! I had a great time

#201 AKA Christie

Quote Originally Posted by Speede S View Post
    Thanks for your pointers they were a big help!! I had a great time

#201 AKA Christie
    Christie I am glad you had a good time, you should consider giving the SCCA a try if you haven't already, the courses are big and easy to follow and with the times I saw for your runs you probably finish in the top half of your class against the men. I hope to see you and Jonathan at more events in the future.

James
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

Thread Information