Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

I didn't realize you were a meteorologist too! Wow... well, I suppose you spend more time in the clouds than 90% of meteorologists do anyway.

Students: See you there at 8:00am sharp! See me at registration at the stadium when you arrive.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

see everybody tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I didn't realize you were a meteorologist too! Wow... well, I suppose you spend more time in the clouds than 90% of meteorologists do anyway.
    Even if I were to quit my job, I still think sometimes that I would spend more time in the clouds than 90% of meteorologists

Just got back not long ago. Had an awesome time. Whipping the near stock civic on "ultra high peformance" summer tires was a blast lol. I think I managed a 51.9xx(dirty) I believe on my second run. After that, the tires got way to hot and real sloppy, less grip and felt very soft to the point where steering response slowed down lol. James' miata felt awesome, steering is real quick. I'll have video of my runs up maybe tomorrow if my computer cooperates...

Thanks to everyone for making it a fun, smooth running day!

Any idea if there will be another one?

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

You have to drive my Z4 sometime AJ. Pulled off a 48.5, 48.9 and some other sub 50 times. The steering is not as quick as James's Miata, but I think you will like the Z4. Maybe enough to get you to "borrow" your father's.

Videos later.

I really liked that black E36. That's the same car that Ron drives. I can see why Ron either beats me, or is so competitive in that model car now that I got to drive one.. and let alone a stripped down track version.

Everyone did great. We moved as quickly as the last event, I think, and it seemed that the weather was perfect for a wet practice, and a dry full out autocross.

A lot of people really improved, and some are beginning to be threatening, like John Althouse in his MZ4. Gotta keep an eye on that guy.

Please fill out the comment forms so we know what to improve on for next time, and what you liked that we not change.
    Last edited by noelleslie; 04-25-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Noel was the king today he threw down a 48.5xx with a passenger, best I could do was a 49.1xx, once I have some time I will try to put the video up. I had a great time and hopefully was able to give a little something back to the students today. #201 in the Mini great job!!! you really nailed the slalom sections, work on getting a little quicker launch and you will be killing it. AJ should give those guys in ST a break and joinn us in STR.
    Last edited by MazdaSC; 04-25-2010 at 05:58 PM.

A bad morning turned into an awesome afternoon. Its still rather sunny right now here in Occoquan.

Lots of good students out there today. Very receptive, asked a lot of questions and caught on very quick.

Not looking forward to returning the 300 tonight. The thing smells like what one of the mistreated hookers on Deadwood must have reeked of.

Noel- yeah at some point I'd love to. I'm really wondering what I could have pulled if I had the Bridgestones, im sure low 50s... I'm surprised it did that well for basically a stock civic haha. yeah I'll get my hands on the Z4 at some point, one way or another lol.

James- Believe me, if I had my hands on a prepped STR car, I'd definitly be running there. Big, competitive class. Looks like fun. Makes me wish I could get a miata esp after driving your car.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gol737#p/u/0/wu54CW9wjsg

Here's my video from today in what I am going to start calling "THE S.T.R. BMW Z4". It felt like THE STR BMW Z4 would have been very competitive in SCCA today. Temps were great for the Dunlop Direzza's and the surface was excellent. No spins this time.

It is pouring in Frederick right now. Glad we didn't get any of that today.

James's car IS the bomb. I would like to see what you (or Brian) could do in it since I think James really keeps the car near its limits the whole time. I wonder how much left there is in it.

I don't know if I would get any more out of it than James does. I know he pushes that car hard and it'd take me atleast a couple more solid runs to really get used to the steering and go all out. Same deal with you and your car Noel. You guys know them better than I do and I've only really ran a RWD car on a course once before toda(Andy Huo's M Coupe)

That is some good driving Noel!

Here endeth the lesson.

Guys I had an awesome time! Thanks to Chris(I think that was his name) for helping me plug my tire after I picked up a 1/4 drill extension. Almost ruined my day. I'm not sure how good my times are and really should have had an instructor, but my buddy showed up and I took him for a ride. I'm mad because me trying to show off made me forget what they taught. I became sloppy trying to be fast. There is always next time. Again thanks to all the instructors who helped and everyone else that made this an awesome day! See you all in May. I got video with my new GoPro Hero, so after I learn how I'll post video.

This is unrelated to today's event, but here is a really funny video from one week ago at the now slippery Fedex Field. This is an otherwise excellent driver who was caught off guard by the new sealed pavement there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo33U...os=0Fxn0a0w4eY

The same happened to me, and I really looked like a dumbass, but his is really funny.

For those that don't know, the video is from Fedex Field and the huge lot is used for the SCCA competitions. If anyone wants info about upcoming events there with that group, we'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to know.
    Last edited by noelleslie; 04-25-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Had a great time instructing today, and it was an excellent first experience with NCC. Can't ask for much more than a well-run event and responsive students. Even the weather cooperated =)

video of my afternoon run:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/edfooliu.../1/_wB368huhTg

Also, if I rode with any of you on the afternoon, full-course runs, PM me; I probably have helmetcam video from the passenger seat.

Here are pictures of the full course run for groups 100 and 200. This is at the last turn before the stop gates. I had to leave before the 300 group could run, sorry! Katie might have more pictures.

http://www.flickr.com
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Thread Information