Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

Quote Originally Posted by mstas View Post
    So what happens if it rains? I've been watching the weather sites for the last few days and the forecasts say rain is possible (but then what do they really know).
    We run rain or shine.

So what happens if it rains? I've been watching the weather sites for the last few days and the forecasts say rain is possible (but then what do they really know).

You make sure you bring a poncho/rain jacket/trash bag and come find out how your car does in the wet

...and bring a tote container to put your things in so they don't get wet...

~Katie

Re: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

Are tire pressures different in rain? I ran stock pressure at last weeks autocross. I'm still new to this awesome phenomenon and wonder what the experts have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    Are tire pressures different in rain? I ran stock pressure at last weeks autocross. I'm still new to this awesome phenomenon and wonder what the experts have to say?
    Typically, in the rain, you will want to run factory pressures or a hair less. In the dry, it's typically +4 psi. In the rain you want to maximize your contact patch area where in the dry you want to maximize cornering grip.

(Note: This is just my experience. All cars act differently.)

Re: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

Ok. Thanks for your advice. I'll try that

They're calling for thunder storms. I'm afraid we'll be spending most of the day waiting for the lightning and heavy downpoors to pass

Quote Originally Posted by darkfiber View Post
    They're calling for thunder storms. I'm afraid we'll be spending most of the day waiting for the lightning and heavy downpoors to pass
    Rain with a few rumbles of thunder. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

Come on now ... that doesn't sound that bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfiber View Post
    Nah you guys will be fine. Racing in the rain is very good because for me it helps me try to stay smooth and patient. Rain never hurt a thing. You guys will have a great time.

If it has not been previously mentioned, a spare pair of socks is really nice, as well as a separate pair of sneakers.

Working in the rain and then slippery pedals can be tough. Also, soggy/wet/cold feet aren't fun.

We are going to have a great time. We will get through the lecture more quickly than the last, with the emphasis on as much driving as possible and seeing the fundamentals in action.

Whether it is wet, dry, or a mix of both, it will be fun.

noelleslie,
    I like your positive attitude. I will be there and have fun as well!

Schedule or the Day?

Hi,
    I'm new at this and just about the last guy to register. The only schedule I see shows only 20 drivers geting track time (4 groups of 5, drivers 100 -104, 105 - 109, etc). Since I am driver 212 (and PM Heat) what does that mean? I assume I show up at 0800 and and participate, but am I only driving in the afternoon? Am I working the course in the morning? I'll be there, but I am curious about how things are going to go. Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by NAProf View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new at this and just about the last guy to register. The only schedule I see shows only 20 drivers geting track time (4 groups of 5, drivers 100 -104, 105 - 109, etc). Since I am driver 212 (and PM Heat) what does that mean? I assume I show up at 0800 and and participate, but am I only driving in the afternoon? Am I working the course in the morning? I'll be there, but I am curious about how things are going to go. Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

Don't worry about the AM / PM thing - all the cars will be reorganized at the school. You will be driving and having classroom sessions all day long. Arrival time is 8am.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jonathan

Looks like the chance of rain has dropped, just hope there's no lightning..

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I doubt it. [about the lightning]. It is not the type of fast moving cold front likely to produce that type of frequent lightning. If there is any, I think it would be more of the "garden variety" type. The weather system doesn't seem very organized, so my intuition says that it will be kind of a threatening day, but without much real fanfare. Probably it will be damp-wet, but not soaked.

I JUST JINXED THE WHOLE EVENT NOW, SO EVERYBODY BRING UMBRELLAS, SOCKS, LIGHTNING-PROOF SHOES, GALOSHES, WEATHER RADIOS, and HAIL GEAR!!

Everyone will get a lot of seat time. I promise to keep the class material ahead of schedule so we can get out and do some driving and see the principles in action.

Please all be there on time or early. It's up to all of us to really keep things on schedule so everyone gets a ton of practice.

Thread Information