Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

Quote Originally Posted by 330iZHP View Post
    Do drivers need to have their own helmet for autocross school #2? I'm sure the answer is yes.

Reason I ask is bc I'm looking into buying a used motorcycle this summer (which sellers tend to include their helmet in the sale) and don't want to buy a helmet for autocross now only to replace it with a helmet when I get my bike.

Thanks,
    I'm not sure of NCC's saftey rules but most other clubs only allow Snell SA- or M- 2000 and above rated helmets. Some clubs also allow M Certified DOT motorcycle helmets. If you do get one, make sure it meets those requirements. Hopefully someone here can clear up what helmets are allowed.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

We accept the last 2 revision of snell SA and M helmets. But seeing as the 2010 ratings are very scarce we are taking SA2000 for the remainder of the season.

So for the school you will need an Snell SA or M 2000/2005/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    We accept the last 2 revision of snell SA and M helmets. But seeing as the 2010 ratings are very scarce we are taking SA2000 for the remainder of the season.

So for the school you will need an Snell SA or M 2000/2005/2010
    The SCCA has decided to allow M95 helmets till the end of this year. Right after we all bought new helmets.

Joe

Do we need to fill out a tech inspection form as well as a medical form just like the HPDE?

Quote Originally Posted by rirc View Post
    Do we need to fill out a tech inspection form as well as a medical form just like the HPDE?
    These items are not necessary for autocross. See you at the school.

I have registered for the school #2 on April 25th but being a nubie to the sport and this process, have a few questions.
    Perhaps I missed something but I didnt see a way to "class" my car, though I had to choose a class when I registered so, I may have picked the wrong class designation.
    I am also concerned that I bring the right "gear" and have the car in proper condition to be approved to run.
    Can you point me to any links I may have missed to answer these or give me some experienced inside advice?
    Also, haven't seen a link to this specific event with times, details, etc. and assume this will come up soon?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    Bruce

Class dosen't matter very much for the school, there's no real competition going on.

For car preperation, you'll learn more about this in the school but to ensure you bring a safe car to run and make tech inspection faster, here is a general list of things to do/watch out for.

- remove all loose items inside car and trunk. Including floor mats.
    - make sure all wheels/lug nuts are secured properly. Make sure wheel bearings are good.
    - make sure battery is tied down tight.
    - general maintenance stuff like all fluids are clean and at proper level. Car is in atleast good running condition. Brakes work. Throttle dosen't stick open. I think u get the idea.
    - make sure tires are not showing cords or leak air. I'd recommend if you're running all seasons or general high performance tires to set the tires at around/atleast 35psi.

I'm not sure if they have the schedule yet, I'm sure someone else can chime in.

Thanks! Good info. I'm sure I will catch on quickly once I am there...just wanted to be prepared in case I was missing something.
    Motor on...

We will start at 8am sharp! Please be there at 8am and the rest of the schedule will be available onsite.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

My wife and I would love to be there, but sadly we can't. We had a great time last school and the staff was very knowledgeable and patient. Too all those that have signed up you won't be disappointed!

Hey, this would be my first time at an autocross and I've got a few questions.
    First off, and most importantly, my brake pad wear indicator lit up about a week ago.
    The brakes still work and have some life left in them, but I'm worried that attempting to track the car will be unsafe and/or not allowed.
    Second, is there an additional fee for using the shared helmets? If so, how much is it?
    Third, are there any slots open for this 04/25/10 event?

Thanks!

1) Is the light for the brake fluid or actual pads(excuse my lack BMW knowledge)? Generally if the fluid is low, pad life is probably pretty low(unless there's a leak..). But, if a poor brake fluid job was done it could indicate low fluid life even if the pads are good. For tech inspection, we don't look at the pads so it's really in our hopes you stay on top of your cars maintence, esp with something so important like brakes. If you think there's a fair amount of life in them, you should be fine. AutoX dosen't eat brakes up that bad at all so if you have even just a tad bit of friction surface left, you should be good to go.

2) Loaner helmets are free, just be sure to return them when finished.

3) Looks like there's just a couple spots left, better hurry up!

Thanks for the reply.
    It's the light for the pads, themselves. Brake fluid is in good shape.
    A few more questions: The AM heat is full, so I'd be registering for the PM.
    Does that mean I shouldn't be there until later in the day? Or should I still arrive at 8am?
    Can I also get a breakdown of the class types and work assignments. I've read in this
    thread that the class assignments don't really matter because it's a school, but I'd like
    to know the class types for future reference and haven't been able to find an explanation online.

Thanks, again.

The classing information is linked on the front page [http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?138-Classes]

For the school everyone should be there at 8AM on the dot. not a second later. if you want to lend a hand with setup feel free to show up earlier.

So what happens if it rains? I've been watching the weather sites for the last few days and the forecasts say rain is possible (but then what do they really know).

Thread Information