Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Help needed with e39 M5 Wheel Alignment

Thread: Help needed with e39 M5 Wheel Alignment

Threaded View

Help needed with e39 M5 Wheel Alignment

I took my 2001 M5 (79,800 miles on it) to a local tire store to get the wheel alignment checked and I have a few questions post-results.

Prior to this the car went down the road true and straight, but the outer-edge of both front tires are showing considerable wear. Back in August I replaced the thrust-arm bushings due to steering wheel shimmy over 40MPH, and that solved that problem. I thought the wearing on the outer-edges might have been caused by the worn thrust-arm bushings (that is one of the symptoms as I understand it), but I thought it could also be caused by a bad case of toe-in.

I've attached a copy of the alignment print out.

1st question: What would cause my right-front wheel's caster to be out of spec? A worn bushing or possibly a bent strut? I know caster is not adjustable, but I figure a good mechanic might be able to move the strut or something to help this out.

2nd question: My rear toe looks very out of spec and I want to get this and the front caster adjusted, but I want to take it to someone that really understands BMW e39's. Can anyone recommend a non-dealer BMW alignment guru in the NOVA area?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M5_Alignment..jpg 
Views:	1652 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	1123  

Thread Information