Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/13/2010 - Autocross School #1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 03/13/2010 - Autocross School #1

If it rains are we still going to have the school?

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    If it rains are we still going to have the school?
    Of course - we run rain or shine.

Sweet action.

For those in here lamenting that they missed signing up for our Autocross School, we have just announced our second school, to take place on 4/25. Check it out here: http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...cross-School-2
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Will the classroom portions be indoors, or out in the parking lot? (Sorry if I overlooked that somewhere). Just considering how much weather to plan for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Thayer
    Before leaving home, please clean out any unnecessary items from your vehicle. This includes empty beer cans under your seat and the fuzzy pink dice on your rearview mirror.
    But the empty beer cans on my rearview make me faster!
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

I assume we should bring something to number our car, right? And a brain bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by MPWR View Post
    Will the classroom portions be indoors, or out in the parking lot? (Sorry if I overlooked that somewhere). Just considering how much weather to plan for.

But the empty beer cans on my rearview make me faster!
    We're going to try to seek shelter in the event of rain, however I can't confirm that we will be able to use an indoor facility. We would be able to atleast use the stadium overhang in front of the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by drq2q View Post
    I assume we should bring something to number our car, right? And a brain bucket?
    We will have painters tape on hand to number with.

And yes, bring a helmet if you have one. (aka brain buckets) If you don't, no worries, we have loaners available.

My one and only autocross was your last event of 09 in a torrential downpour. The only way I know to do this is in an inch of water so if it rains it's all good.

I definitely understand the value of driving drills in the wet. But with the weather now calling for "100% chance of heavy rain with high wind", it seems like any kind of outdoor classroom session might be entirely impractical....
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

I definitely understand the value of driving drills in the wet. But with the weather now calling for "100% chance of heavy rain with high wind", it seems like any kind of outdoor classroom session might be entirely impractical....
    skidpad!!!!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

The stadium has a large overhang in front of the gates. It's not indoors, but it works. CDC had a horribly rained out event a couple summers ago, winds strong enough that everything not heavy or secure enough was flying all over the place. We took cover under the overhang and didn't get wet. I don't think Saturday will be as bad as that was lol.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I registered but won't be able to make it. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
    I registered but won't be able to make it. :-(
    Sorry to hear that ...

The rest of the participants should thank you for the additional seat time.

I'm registered but won't be able to make it either. While prepping the car for tomorrow I found that my battery is DOA and there is no hope for it until Monday. Sounds like more seat time for everyone else.

Thread Information