Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Has anyone replaced the spark plugs in an E46?

Thread: Has anyone replaced the spark plugs in an E46?

Has anyone replaced the spark plugs in an E46?

The dealership wants $570.00 to replace my spark plugs

The are charging me $230 for the spark plugs. I can get them online for 1/2 that price SHIPPED. But, then they won't install them.

They want 2.5 hours of labor. They can't be that difficult. Anyone have a write-up? I would really appreciate torque specs.

Thanks

I'll see if I can get smth for you, give me a little bit of time

-- Jason

check your mail

-- Jason

It is not that hard. You should be able to do it yourself if you are reasonably mechanically inclined. The link below has the basic steps to follow but not the torque specs. I think that the plugs are supposed to be torqued to around 15 ft-lbs, but don't quote me on that.

http://e46fanatics.com/howto/howtode...hp?howto_id=44

I am not sure I agree with the author's use of the Plus4 plugs, I have heard that they can get hot and cause pinging under heavy loads like track days.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I have a cool tool for spark plugs. It is a special torque wrench that goes in between the spark plug socket and extension.

I change my plugs all the time. How much harder can a E46 be than a E36?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information