Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Maryland License Plates - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Maryland License Plates

I still want plates!

Still do and waiting...

Cancel my request. Taking too long.

I still want plates as well. Thank you for keeping me inform by PM.

Hello again! I saw the update that tags were available Sept 1. I haven't had anyone check with me but I am still interested. I am just about to renew my membership so its been a year. Should it take this long?

The effort to issue club tags in VA never gained the necessary traction, so it's not a choice for us. I have not been following the MD club tag dispersion efforts, but if the only reason you are a member is to sport club tags, perhaps you should reevaluate. This chapter is run strictly by volunteers - I hope you are able to find a solution.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I know with any organization an incentives to members is a plus. I have enjoyed the benefits of the volunteers but also everything you do with an organization costs, nothing is provided for free, so I agree with CamilleJames, you see the advertisement in the magazine that it will take a week or two but it is taking longer. Incentives keep people interested in a whole.

Reevaluation...

Uhh, well ok. Let me assure you I am a die hard BMW owner. The first car I ever bought (325i) I knew exactly what I wanted. A decade later I bought my exceptional 330xi, Melee, the first car I ever loved. I started reading and learning the history of BMW and about my car in particular. When I had to sell Melee I sold to someone new to BMW's who mentioned that that year was his 'dream car'. I still cried as he took it away. I spent many icy January hours driving my salesperson crazy because he had 'several cars that he know I would be happy with' he had no idea. My husband just walked away because he knows what I'm like when I'm in a bimmer state of mind. Now I am having fun with Corazon, my 335xi, very black, very mean. Sometimes I choose between exploring what's on satellite or listening to the engine. Often the engine wins. I don't meet many moms who share my enthusiasm when I scored an absolutely clean 'cult classic' 318i for my son at an auction for $600. My idea of a celebrity is a woman I met who has a pristine '90's era 5 series and a '80's 7 series with paint like glass, she told me she completely restores them every five years. My hero! I bought my BMWCCA membership as a gift to myself for Christmas, anticipating hours and hours of reading about my favorite subject. So I really don't think I have anything to reevaluate, I'm good right here.

....now about my tags....
    Last edited by camillejames; 10-28-2014 at 11:01 PM.

I just want to know what is the normal waiting time for tags I have heard different messages, some say a couple weeks after submitting your application. I have heard it can take awhile, exactly what is awhile. I want to get more definitive answers other than assumptions.

Are you that are awaiting tags in communication with or hearing anything from "billydix," Billy Dixon, the Maryland License Plate Administrator? I see that he last posted here in late September. Perhaps he can provide the answers.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Here are the answers. We get XX number of tags at a time. Apps go out on a first come first served basis. It then becomes the responsibility of the applicant to send the app to MVA. This is where the fun begins. Many will sit on the app or forget they wanted tags. No new tags are assigned to us until all current tags are assigned. In 2013 30 tags had to be reassigned 4 times until all tags were issued. This has created a major backup. The request kept coming while the existing were sitting un claimed. Between the last tag and a new group of tags will take 60 unless the demand is extreme. Only one group make tags for all clubs. Contrary to popular belief there is no unlimited supply. You are at the mercy of the person in front of you. I do monitor tag pick up so I can move on to the next person. Everybody who wants a tag will get a tag. If you put a request in today, you will see a app in your mailbox by mid December at the earliest. However it could be sooner. At current pace , March should see a faster turn around. If you want to discuss it more PM me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Billy Dixon
    Maryland License Plate Administrator
    Baltimore Area Rep
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0789

Billy, how do I go about transferring tags? My car was a lease and I had club tags, then I bought the car at the end of the lease. The dealership told me I need to get a letter from BMWFS releasing the tags since technically they belonged to them, the lease company. I am in the process of doing that but what do I need to do next? Thanks.
    2011 E90 M3 Sedan | BMW Welt Delivery on 09.20.2011

I have sent you a PM BillyDix, still waiting on my application for tags.

I have my tags. I am so happy.

Just submitted my request...I had a set (#1024) on my ZHP but unfortunately had to turn them in when I sold the car in September. But my E90 M3 now needs a set!

Thread Information