Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Thayer, OG NCC Autocrossers - Anyone Care To Comment?

Thread: (2010) Thayer, OG NCC Autocrossers - Anyone Care To Comment?

(2010) Thayer, OG NCC Autocrossers - Anyone Care To Comment?

deleted, sorry to bring it up. Didn't realize it was such a complex situation and was stupid to stoke the flames
    Last edited by irish44j; 03-02-2010 at 07:50 PM.

At the end of the day, everyone is welcome to their opinion.

We will continue to run the best show we possibly can and hopefully one negative opinion won't impact others' ambition to come out to our events.

For what it's worth - We did hold an open meeting where anyone was invited to attend and vocalize their opinions. At that same meeting we reviewed each of the 80+ survey results that we received. (Everyone who participated last year was asked to fill a survey.) We identified operating improvements and plan to implement them throughout the year. In addition, we have an entirely new volunteer staff who is looking forward to advancing the program.

Last year we served 805 driver days over 8 events and a school which is the best attended season that NCCBMWCCA has ever had (that I can find documented anyhow). Change is part of program evolution, and some people do not adapt well to change.

I personally look forward to a great season with our fantastic group.

Jonathan Thayer

What's wrong with being a bunch of guys (and girls) playing around in a parking lot?

Wait, isn't that what the SCCA guys do also?

Anyway...

Ive made a post over there to quiet him down, ive asked him to take any issues he has with the club up with me, and to stop posting shit all over the place about how bad he thinks the club is. hopefully he'll follow that advice

letting it die....
    Last edited by irish44j; 03-02-2010 at 07:39 PM.

I put in my .02 too. There's no need to bash on other clubs.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Before letting it die...

I read the whole thread and as a newcomer (last season being my first) to both NCC and AutoX running in a non-BMW class, I feel that I can provide some positive feedback.

I haven't run events at other clubs, yet, NCC is extremely inviting. The people I've come in contact with are so friendly and willing to talk and give pointers. There are some great drivers and the fact that people are so approachable makes me want to get more involved in motorsports. It helps that some friends of mine got me to sign up, but I've found no barrier to conversation with other attendees.

There's a nice, friendly competitive edge with all of the drivers/cars, but it doesn't get too (loose definition because I don't like to lose by nature, but I don't think anyone does) serious for me. Being competitive in a showroom condition vehicle and getting the opportunity to talk to good drivers makes a newcomer want to come back. I don't understand why someone would put down the NCC events because they're "not as serious."

Thanks for putting on fun events and listening to any concerns, I don't know what else I can expect but an evolutionary progression of the program.

Here's to the future success of NCC events (no cheers icon, don't judge the inebriation).

^^ this.

i didnt get a chance to look at the thread, but i can probably guess who the culprit is
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    deleted, sorry to bring it up. Didn't realize it was such a complex situation and was stupid to stoke the flames
    Damn! You go away from the internet for 10 days and look what you miss.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

10 days away from the internet and you're in the middle ages!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Thread Information