Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Spring Columbia social location - need ideas
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spring Columbia social location - need ideas

Spring Columbia social location - need ideas

I'm running out of ideas for a Columbia location to host our socials (another reason why I wanted to try Looney's). I've researched quite a few places over the years and ruled out many because they either don't have good enough parking, require some kind of deposit or headcount, or the food just isnt that good. I usually favor chain restaurants b/c they can easily staff to handle our events. When places ask me how many people we'll have, the response of 'anywhere between 20-50' usually doesn't fly too well (and asking members to RSVP isnt the most reliable method, although I do appreciate those that do).

I do have a few 'go-to' places that we can start rotating if needed. They all have decent food, great parking, and have handled our past events successfully:
    1. Champps
    2. PubDog
    3. River Hill Sports Grill
    4. Looneys

These are a few places that I've considered, but don't just quite make the cut:
    1. Green Turtle - parking is terrible and they could never understand the concept of a reservation on the 3rd Thursday of every month
    2. Houlihans - food is overpriced and not that good. parking is just OK
    3. Clydes - deposit and guaranteed headcount is required
    4. Rams Head - guaranteed headcount required

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'd be open to looking outside of Columbia, as long as its in a surrounding city, but I'd rather not move it to places like downtown Baltimore (no parking) or Annapolis (too far).

I want to pick a place within the next few weeks and make an announcement at the March social at Looney's, so people know where to show up in April.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Sly Fox in downtown Baltimore might work? There is a huge grocery store parking lot behind the bar off of Fort Ave. I will say that 7pm on a weeknight is a busy time for that parking lot though.

Kelsey's in Ellicott City?
    http://www.kelseysrestaurant.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Sly Fox in downtown Baltimore might work? There is a huge grocery store parking lot behind the bar off of Fort Ave. I will say that 7pm on a weeknight is a busy time for that parking lot though.

Kelsey's in Ellicott City?
    http://www.kelseysrestaurant.com/
    Thanks Chris. downtown Baltimore won't really work for me, not sure if I can get there on time. I'll look into Kelsey's

Anyone else with places in mind? We average about 40 people at each Columbia social, and only 1 response?

Franks Diner in Laurel! I don't know why I love diner food so.

Quote Originally Posted by S2KSEOUL View Post
    Franks Diner in Laurel! I don't know why I love diner food so.
    you mean the one in Jessup on Rt 1 and Rt 175? if so, that's a definite dive with decent food.

I think I may have found a place. while not in Columbia, there's a Greene Turtle in Hanover.

Its across from Arundel Mills, right off of 295 and Rt 100, and 10 min drive from Columbia. It has a huge private room, TVs everywhere, and plenty of parking (including covered).

bump....any other ideas?

we average 40 people at each Columbia social and no one wants any input?

+1 for returning to Pub Dog
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    +1 for returning to Pub Dog
    I love PubDog

Pub Dog

I like Kelsey's and it's right accross the street from me. They have plenty of parking also.

What about Bare Bones? I think they have a private room.

I love PubDog!

I'm up with the PubDog

wow, a lot of love for PubDog. we'll definitely make it back there this year.

Question "Columbia " Social

Perhaps an occasional social at Blob's Park?

DCBub

Thread Information