Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
335i Service -- any suggestions/things to avoid?

Thread: 335i Service -- any suggestions/things to avoid?

335i Service -- any suggestions/things to avoid?

Taking my 335 in for 30k mile service to Tischer tomorrow (Thursday).

Anyone have anything to recommend/avoid?

Is there still an issue with the reprogramming that leads to hesitation (I can't recall the details, something about the exhaust and changing the ECU program?)

I've got a series of electrical failures on the car (foglight, SOS telephone feature, gas mileage readout), and it had a false "no oil" reading a few months ago. Anyone else experiencing electronic failures in the 335?

Any other known things to look for at 30k miles? Any service that isn't included in the "standard" that I should do, either at Tischer or on my own?

Thanks!

ALL fluids should be changed every 30k. Especially gearbox, and just make sure they use something like BG machines and not some drain and fill bs. If they don't do it, Autoy has the correct machines and very fair prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    ALL fluids should be changed every 30k. Especially gearbox, and just make sure they use something like BG machines and not some drain and fill bs. If they don't do it, Autoy has the correct machines and very fair prices.
    while this is great advice, i'd be willing to bet that Tischer won't be performing any fluid changes unless the ECU calls for it.

luckily no electronic issues for me so far, but with the problems you're having, I would think the latest software flash would fix that. see if they will get you new spark plugs, although that light usually doesnt appear till past 40k miles

who's your SA? if you want someone over there thats mod-friendly, let me know
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    while this is great advice, i'd be willing to bet that Tischer won't be performing any fluid changes unless the ECU calls for it.

luckily no electronic issues for me so far, but with the problems you're having, I would think the latest software flash would fix that. see if they will get you new spark plugs, although that light usually doesnt appear till past 40k miles

who's your SA? if you want someone over there thats mod-friendly, let me know
    I think it was you, Paul, who introduced me to Joe Diss. Joe did the Dinan oil cooler install I had done a long time ago.

I don't have any mods on the car, other than my winter tires.

She's got plenty of get up and go for me, stock! Particularly when I move from the Miata to the 335!

I probably don't want Tischer to do the fluid changes, I would most likely ask Ed York to do them when I'm next in Mt. Airy. Either that, or sign up for a DIY!

No electronic failures on mine, but have definitely had the hesitation problems and they have never been resolved. Mine is a 2008 - yours? Have replaced both running lights 1 month apart. I have 32k miles on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    No electronic failures on mine, but have definitely had the hesitation problems and they have never been resolved. Mine is a 2008 - yours? Have replaced both running lights 1 month apart. I have 32k miles on mine.
    I have a 2007 (which is why I had to add the oil cooler, they didn't make is standard, I believe, until '08. Slightly over 30k miles.

I recall that the hesitation problems relate to the ECU programming, there was a software update, I forget the number, that reduced exhaust emission (and volume) but left you with hesitation.

I do HATE the "hill holder" brake feature, which is another form of hesitation that drives me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    I have a 2007 (which is why I had to add the oil cooler, they didn't make is standard, I believe, until '08. Slightly over 30k miles.

I recall that the hesitation problems relate to the ECU programming, there was a software update, I forget the number, that reduced exhaust emission (and volume) but left you with hesitation.

I do HATE the "hill holder" brake feature, which is another form of hesitation that drives me nuts!
    The hesitation problem I encounter is when I come to a stop (level street) and then press the gas. I get about a fraction of a second hesitation and then it lurches - very annoying. I almost have to feather the accelerator, which I should not have to.I want to press go and then just go.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    The hesitation problem I encounter is when I come to a stop (level street) and then press the gas. I get about a fraction of a second hesitation and then it lurches - very annoying. I almost have to feather the accelerator, which I should not have to.I want to press go and then just go.
    What Tischer told me this AM is that the hesitation is due to the "adaptive" programming, which they said gets confused sometimes and creates the hesitation. They are going to re-set mine, and in about 30-40 driving cycles they said the hesitation should go away and the adaptive feature will re-set.

I am fairly comfortable with technology and the advancements, but some of the computer controls and features of this car scare me. When the computer takes over, to the exclusion of the driver, I get uncomfortable. Like the oil dipstick, for instance (I had a false computer warning that the car was out of oil when in fact it was fine; couldn't check other than by draining the oil).

Well, ALL fluids should be changed every 30k.

Thread Information