Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 12/04/2010 - DIY and tour @ Excluservice

Thread: 12/04/2010 - DIY and tour @ Excluservice

12/04/2010 - DIY and tour @ Excluservice

Saturday, December 4, 2010

DIY
    BMW Excluservice
    12224 Parklawn Drive
    Rockville, MD 20852

Tour
    15329 Turkey Foot Road
    Darnestown, MD 20878
    (It's a white stucco house at the end of the road (looks European). Park along the road on either side or on the side road.)

This is a two-part event; there will be a regular DIY tech session in the morning from 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m. followed by a tour from 2:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m. to view Lothar Schuettler’s private collection of BMW cars and motorcycles at his home garage. Mark your calendars for this rare opportunity to see some extremely rare BMWs. German food and drinks will be served.

Details to follow.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 11-30-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

This is GMan (a.k.a. Mike Galloucis). Please "sign me up" for the December 4 DIY event at Lothar's shop (BMW Excluservice) in Rockville AND also the post-DIY social at Lothar's house. I will be joined by lovely wife Therese! I have known Lothar for nearly 20 years [he has serviced many of my BMWs, I have bought cars from him, and he has been a source of great knowledge on anything to do with BMWs for me] and I consider him a friend. Although I have been invited to his place several times by Lothar over the years, I have always had a prior commitment and have yet to make it out there. So this year, I have cleared my schedule and I am finally going to get to see Lothar's awesome collection of BMWs. I have an 08 335 coupe and an 84 325e; as things stand now, I intend to bring the 325 to the DIY and then drive it out to Lothar's place. Feel free to contact me any time at (301) 996-8767or by email at MikeGalloucis@gmail.com if you need any more information from me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    This is GMan (a.k.a. Mike Galloucis). Please "sign me up" for the December 4 DIY event at Lothar's shop (BMW Excluservice) in Rockville AND also the post-DIY social at Lothar's house.
    Registration is not open yet. When it does it will be at http://ncc.motorsportreg.com.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Definitely planning on being at this event

12/04/2010 - DIY @ BMW Excluservice

Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview

The 2010 Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

DIY More...
    Tour More...
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 11-03-2010 at 10:01 AM.

I had an great time today at the DIY at BMW Excluservice. They run a very clean shop with very knowledgeable techs to help you out with any questions/concerns. Its nice to see a shop that actually has enthusiasts working there as opposed to other places where they try to prey on unknowledgeable people.

The tour of Lothar's garage was absolutely AMAZING and his passion for BMWs is second to none!!!! I felt like I was in the BMW Hall of Fame with so many of the legendary BMWs cars and bikes on display. I've seen some of Lothar's cars on the cover of the db, Roundel, and various magazines, but never seen such a wonderful collection in person as this. I'm sure Jay Leno's garage would be close, but Lothar put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into restoring those classics personally.

Special thanks to Lothar and his wife for all their hospitality of sharing his toy collection and the wonderful German food/beer. Probably one of the best CCA events I've ever attended.

To those who snapped a lot of pics, please post them so others can enjoy!!!

My crappy cell phone pics here: http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow
    Last edited by pseto; 12-05-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information