Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
VA Inspection question

Thread: VA Inspection question

VA Inspection question

A few months ago I replaced the original halogen headlights in my 1997 528i with halogen angel eyes with clear (white) sides.

I'm due for my annual Virginia inspection this month and wonder if anyone who has done a similar upgrade has had any problems with the headlights during the inspection because they don't have orange sides like the originals.

I have attached two photos, showing my old and new head lights; I also posted the same photos to the Photo Gallery section. I'm not sure the best way to add photos on this new reflector.

Thanks - John

As long as the side markers have amber bulbs in them, VA doesn't care. I've got clear markers on my E36, and they didn't even bat an eye.

Kevin

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin; that's what I figured the case was.

cheers - John

No problems with the Euro lights; the inspection went without a hitch today!!!

I even got a chance to give the car a good washing; at least it will look good until the next rain / snow / sleet "event"...

cheers - John

va inspection question

Related to the VA inspection question, has anyone replaced their stock airbag wheel with an aftermarket non-airbag steering wheel, and passed VA inspection?

Sonti
    '95 325i
    Thanks,

Sonti

Banned

Airbags and Steering Wheels

Last time I read what they checked during inspection since my car is illegal ie European Hella headlights and lowered I didn't notice anything about original steering wheel with airbag or anything about type of steering wheel.

You could have an interesting problem if you were in an accident and the other driver was at fault and you suffered injuries that the plaintiff's attorney could claim resulted from not having an airbag? Just a thought.

See what happens when you work with attorneys and administrative judges 5 days a week they begin to rub off on you. Since its Lent I wont say anything bad about attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonti2x
    Related to the VA inspection question, has anyone replaced their stock airbag wheel with an aftermarket non-airbag steering wheel, and passed VA inspection?
    Me again. My '90 325i has an aftermarket wheel replacing the airbag wheel (among many other mods), and the inspection stations don't even bat an eye.

Kevin
    '90 325i Autox toy
    '97 328is

Jdunger,
    WHERE did you have the inspection performed? THAT'S the biggest factor concerning what'll pass! Some inspectors are persnickety, others don't care/check.

John in Leesburg
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw
    Me again. My '90 325i has an aftermarket wheel replacing the airbag wheel (among many other mods), and the inspection stations don't even bat an eye.

Kevin
    '90 325i Autox toy
    '97 328is
    Was your SRS light on? Or was it covered up?

Thanks,
    Keith
    Thanks,

Sonti

Quote Originally Posted by Sonti2x
    Was your SRS light on? Or was it covered up?

Thanks,
    Keith
    My SRS light has been on for the past 2 years (airbag went wonky before I replaced the wheel). The airbag isn't actually on the list of items to actually be inspected in VA. See http://www.vsp.state.va.us/safety.htm#Virginia for more info about what's required to be checked. As Woody said, some stations are more anal than others.

Kevin

The worst place to get BMW inspections is at
    Great Falls Exxon They were tooooo picky Sigh...

Both my emission inspection and safety inspection
    failed from their site. I do not ever intend going back
    there ever again !!!!! Never again. It was one
    of my worse experiences with them. Very un-pleasant.

I'm currently shopping around for a new Radiator
    replacement due to its small leak. I hope to find
    a good price for this particular part.

One of general mechanic man offered me $125 labor
    to install this new Radiator part only if I find one.
    Is this a reasonable offer ?
    Last edited by Cindy528e; 03-07-2005 at 10:46 PM.
    1988 BMW 528e (over 300,000 miles)

Thread Information