Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Classing Rules Announced - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (2010) Classing Rules Announced

I went to a motorcycle "AX" years ago, it was awful, speed was like 20mph tops, I think it was in Frederick? The dealers put it on, you could also take a test ride in the area. I was already on a Beamer, so they had little chance of selling me a "HARDLEY MAKITSON">

Question about the shock/struts;
    Do coilovers still keep you in Tuner class? It says adjustable sh/str, but idk if that's just referring about height, and not rebound/compression settings.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    I guess this is why I should have come to the classing meeting....

I think the non-BMW class is biased in favor of lighter cars...as if they needed any additional help. It would be really nice if instead of straight displacement deciding classing if it were some sort of HP/weight estimate. Granted it would be more work (I volunteer to estimate the weight of every car if necessary), but I think it would be fairer all-around.

EDIT: I should note I was happy with the non-BMW classing as it was last year.
    While I know where you're coming from Nick (and you know why), and I do agree to some extent...but then again, once you get into weight vs. displacement, its gonna be impossible to enforce. Like trying to make a power class. My 2.5 with stock tune is putting down 250whp. But a 2.5 STi with stage 2-3 tune could be putting down 350+whp. How do you check thinks like tunes, weight, etc unless you're gonna have the hardcore challenge system like SCCA, with bonds posted, etc.

I have to totally disagre about last year's classes though. 210 treadwear and under are "competition tires?" no freakin way. Putting my RE01R's in with actual R-comps is a joke...The new cutoff of 140 is much more fair....

I personally am fine with the current class setup. I get away from most of the Miatas, S2000s, and Evos. Fine by me.
    Last edited by irish44j; 02-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw_matt View Post
    Question about the shock/struts;
    Do coilovers still keep you in Tuner class? It says adjustable sh/str, but idk if that's just referring about height, and not rebound/compression settings.
    Thanks.
    All coilovers are Tuner unless you change the mount points. Converting the rear spring/shock to a true coilover (pretty rare, I think) is the change that would move you to Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    All coilovers are Tuner unless you change the mount points. Converting the rear spring/shock to a true coilover (pretty rare, I think) is the change that would move you to Mod.
    Yes - most (if not all) "coil-over" kits are tuner legal.

Even though the new non-bimmer classing does favor light cars, I think it is an improvement over last years. The scoring isn't that big a deal for me, I travel too much to make all of the events.

Nick, if it makes you feel better....my car weighs about the same as yours, has narrower tires, and similar power....

crazy to see all the snow on the ground and think about how the first event is just over a month away!

Too bad my new suspension won't be on the car by then

Thread Information