Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Classing Rules Announced
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2010) Classing Rules Announced

(2010) Classing Rules Announced

Please see the following link for our 2010 classing rules:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?138-Classes

X1 = 4.7+
    X2 = 3.3 – 4.6
    X3 = 2.1 – 3.2
    X4 = 0.1 – 2.0
    I have a question for the non BMW class, for example if someone is running a 2003 S2000 (AP1) this car has a 2.0L engine and someone else is running a 2004 S2000 (AP2) with a 2.2L engine. The 2003 will be in X3 and the 2004 in X4 even though both cars are basically the same and there is not advantage for the 2004 they run in the same class at the SCCA, the 2003 can show up with R-comp and the 2004 in street tires and they will be in the same class.
    Also an old civic completely prepared for Auto-X with an Acura 2.0L engine swap and R-comps is able to pull FTD. What about an Ariel Atom with a 2.0L or a 1.8L Lotus Super 7 with street tires will be in X4?
    Maybe factor in weight also to move you up class.

What about

X1 = 4.7+
    X2 = 3.3 – 4.6
    X3 = 2.1 – 3.2
    X4 = 0.1 – 2.2

Thanks!

In a previoius thread phenryiv1 said:
    Looks pretty good. Main differences between Tuner and Modified appear to be aftermarket forced induction and/or internal engine mods.
    I still say a cam swap could be a tuner mod, but the new tuner allowances open it up a lot. That should be really fun in the Tuner classes.
    I see that my ETA stayed in Group 4...interesting.
    I'd have rather seen it move to Group 3 and my cam swap be a permitted tuner mod than to be in Modified 4.
    In the end, I just wanted to run Tuner 3, which is where I think my car would be the most evenly matched.

Actually the biggest difference between Tuner and Modified is the ability to use R-compound tires. We don't get that many cars with internal mods or forced induction.
    The E30 325 eta was in Group 3 for about 1/2 hour at the meeting. There was concern that we wouldn't have enough participants in Group 4. As Highflyer said, you can chose to run in a higher class. But none of the dozen or so people at the meeting thought upgraded cams should be allowed in Tuner.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    In a previoius thread phenryiv1 said:
    Looks pretty good. Main differences between Tuner and Modified appear to be aftermarket forced induction and/or internal engine mods.
    I still say a cam swap could be a tuner mod, but the new tuner allowances open it up a lot. That should be really fun in the Tuner classes.
    I see that my ETA stayed in Group 4...interesting.
    I'd have rather seen it move to Group 3 and my cam swap be a permitted tuner mod than to be in Modified 4.
    In the end, I just wanted to run Tuner 3, which is where I think my car would be the most evenly matched.

Actually the biggest difference between Tuner and Modified is the ability to use R-compound tires. We don't get that many cars with internal mods or forced induction.
    The E30 325 eta was in Group 3 for about 1/2 hour at the meeting. There was concern that we wouldn't have enough participants in Group 4. As Highflyer said, you can chose to run in a higher class. But none of the dozen or so people at the meeting thought upgraded cams should be allowed in Tuner.
    If the group voted that way, I certainly respect that. From a pure participation perspective, my chances of placing are actually better in M4 than T3.

If you guys need help figuring out what non-BMW cars are in what classes at the autocrosses, as far as engine displacement goes, I can help out. I used to intern at the US DOT for a few years and it was essentially part of my job to know that kind of info off the top of my head, so it's pretty ingrained in my head. I plan on being at all 8 events this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Terp_G8 View Post
    If you guys need help figuring out what non-BMW cars are in what classes at the autocrosses, as far as engine displacement goes, I can help out. I used to intern at the US DOT for a few years and it was essentially part of my job to know that kind of info off the top of my head, so it's pretty ingrained in my head. I plan on being at all 8 events this season.
    That's great. Thanks for offering. I'm SURE we will take you up on that!

And I HOPE we don't have to and people know some basics about the cars they own.

I've often been told I hope for too much though.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I really like the changes to the BMW classes. Good job. The X classes I didn't pay much attention to. I'm sure there will be growing pains, but as needs for change are understood, they can be put into 2011 rules. Personally I thought non BMW street tire and non BMW race tire was good enough.

Talking

I liked that format as well until they moved the tread wear for race tires up to 210 last year. Maybe I can sucker Noel into trading cars with me for the BMW events.

I guess this is why I should have come to the classing meeting....

I think the non-BMW class is biased in favor of lighter cars...as if they needed any additional help. It would be really nice if instead of straight displacement deciding classing if it were some sort of HP/weight estimate. Granted it would be more work (I volunteer to estimate the weight of every car if necessary), but I think it would be fairer all-around.

EDIT: I should note I was happy with the non-BMW classing as it was last year.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

WOW! I can't imagine what the SEB meetings must be like.

Good luck guys, I hope it all works out for ya!

PS. I will be available to instruct at the school, if help is needed!

-Jason Becker

Quote Originally Posted by RED//MSHOE View Post

-Jason Becker
    We'll take you up on that offer when we get the details finalized!

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    I think the non-BMW class is biased in favor of lighter cars...as if they needed any additional help. It would be really nice if instead of straight displacement deciding classing if it were some sort of HP/weight estimate. Granted it would be more work (I volunteer to estimate the weight of every car if necessary), but I think it would be fairer all-around.
    You did notice there are four non-BMW classes, not one, didn't you? And I wonder if you'd volunteer to estimate the hp of every car too.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by RED//MSHOE View Post
    WOW! I can't imagine what the SEB meetings must be like.

Good luck guys, I hope it all works out for ya!

-Jason Becker
    Wow! It's nice to get comments from the February Driver of the Month! Thanks Jason.
    http://www.autox4u.com/
    Woody

I likie. My 2001 S2000 AP1 with carbon composite clutch, lightened flywheel, lightened exhaust, lightened race wheels, full adjustable suspension, CAI, test pipe, A/F tune with vtec drop to 5800, and a couple CF panels is in X4 and my buddy's stock 350Z is in X2. Muahhh haa haa ha! But seriously, I just can't wait to get out there again this year with the S2K regardless of class. I just like to drive. Fast. And slide a little bit too. Is there an autoX type event for motorcycles?

Thread Information