Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Side window squeal

Thread: Side window squeal

Side window squeal

Side windows on my 2004 Z4 often, but not always, squeal when raising/lowering. I assume that some lubrication is needed somewhere. Is this something I can fix myself? Where does the lube need to be applied? Will I need to remove an interior door panel, for instance? What type of lube - WD-40, lithium grease, etc?

On my E36. . .
    There is a rubber channel at the trailing edge of the window.
    I've squirted silicon down the channel.

On E36s it is very common for the rubber channel to become loose and end up at the bottom of the door.
    Don't know about Z4s.
    When you lower the window, is it loose or solid?

Will it squeal if the door is open?
    If not, BMW sells something calls gummi fledge (sp?) for the rubber weatherstripping.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Actually any rubber silicone based lubricant is fine. Gummi is kind of expensive if I remember correctly.

Window is not loose wither up or down... no rattles. Haven't tried raising/lowering with door open. I'll try a silicone lubricant. Thanks for the tips.

Thread Information