Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Detailing Clinic at Bimmer Sales Limited, Arlington VA
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Detailing Clinic at Bimmer Sales Limited, Arlington VA

03/20/2010 - Detailing Clinic at Bimmer Sales Limited, Arlington VA

Detailing Clinic

Saturday March 20, 2010 (rain date Sunday March 21, 2010)
    10 AM - 4 PM
    Bimmer Sales Limited
    4064 S. Four Mile Run Drive
    Arlington, VA 22206
    Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4064+S...ed=0CAgQ8gEwAA
    (703)578-1808
    Fee $10.00
    Limited to 50 attendees
    Registration opens Wednesday, February 10th:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....E65D3EF9843CA4

Sean Khrazmi will lead us in discussing the details of detailing from 10AM-4PM at his Arlington shop.
    He will answer your questions and demonstrate tricks of the trade to improve the appearance of your cars, and teach you how to do it safely & correctly. He's working to get the Paintless Dent Removal technician that he uses to also be in attendance.

Some of the topics to be covered include:
    Exterior - swirl & scratch removal, paint touch-up & correction, clear coat maintenance, glass & plastic polishing.
    Interior - carpet, upholstery, trim, & headliner materials maintenance, deodorizing.
    Wheels - removing brake dust, polishing, refinishing, cleaning fender wells.

There will be a break from noon to 1PM to allow attendees to grab lunch on their own.

If you have any questions please contact John McWilliams:
    john.mcwilliams@gmail.com
    Last edited by John in VA; 02-09-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Registration opened for Detailing Clinic today.
    See the details at:
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

very cool John. now I gotta decide to do this or DIY at Passport....tough decision
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Paul,
    It seems there is a DIY event every 2 weeks! You'll get another chance.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    very cool John. now I gotta decide to do this or DIY at Passport....tough decision
    Paul,

Come to the detailing clinic. I'll be there along with my new (to me) Monaco Blue E90 335i - gotta learn the tricks to keeping it looking great.

David

Registered and looking forward to it.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Question re attendance count

Is there a way to see how many people have registered for this? I see on the registration site that there's a listing of attendees but it doesn't show anything so I wonder if that's disabled that way I can see what capacity is like and whether I can wait and register later.

Quote Originally Posted by aparrado View Post
    Is there a way to see how many people have registered for this? I see on the registration site that there's a listing of attendees but it doesn't show anything so I wonder if that's disabled that way I can see what capacity is like and whether I can wait and register later.
    Hello there,
    No, it's not disabled, you just have to be logged in to view the list.
    Once you login to the registration site, click the "See who else is attending" link (on the left hand side under the "View Event Details" section. You should see a listing of names there.

Well, once again I register and get setup for an event only to realize I have a conflict, duh! I'll be at the ncc autocross, so I will have to cancel my attendance here. I'll be getting my car dirty instead of clean.

Oh well, another $10 donation to the chapter from me
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Question Bring anything?

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Registration opened for Detailing Clinic today.
    See the details at:
    Forgive the newbie (to detailing) question but are we supposed to bring anything to the clinic? Supplies, polisher, etc.?

David

I don't believe we will get a chance to work on our own cars (esp. polishing), but bring your gear along so questions about your products can be answered.
    There are talks about a DIY detailing session, but date, location, and logistics have yet to be worked out.
    Last edited by John in VA; 03-17-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I just spoke with Sean, finalizing some details. Looks like it will be a beautiful day, weather-wise. The Paintless Dent Removal technician he uses will be there.
    Sean admits he's not a lecturer, so we'll break the session into areas and handle the questions as they arise. Since most seem to be interested in paint correction, we'll probably save that for after lunch as it is the larger time block. Bring your notepads!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John,

Thanks for organizing and thanks to Sean for all the useful info. Might it be possible to post a list of all the links Sean mentioned? There were so many, it was hard to keep up. Autogeek, Professional Detailing Service (?), etc. If you, or anyone has a list, that'd be great.

David

David,
    I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop and hope you are able to put some of the techniques learned today into practice!
    We had a great turn-out, including a handful of members who were participating in their first NCC activity. Our host, Sean, went above and beyond what was expected by taking extra time to elaborate and demonstrate paint correction methods on members' cars. They were still at it at 4:45.
    I am preparing the article for dB, and will include the detailing links there as well as here on the forum.
    I look forward to seeing members again at the Judging School and Deutsche Marque Concours!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

got pulled over as i was leaving bimmer sales, geez what luck, hope no one else got tagged. Got nailed with a 44/30 but luckily officer gave me failure to obey highway sign which shouldnt carry points over to my md license hopefully. She was a pretty hot blond officer at least!

Thread Information