Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Autocross Magazines Or Websites ...

Thread: (2010) Autocross Magazines Or Websites ...

(2010) Autocross Magazines Or Websites ...

I've done several searches and have not found any magazines or websites that are dedicated to the sport or category of Autocross. I know that SCCA and NASA have sections, but are there any that focus on Autocross or maybe BMW related autocross (wishful thinking)?

Maybe we can start a sticky that has them listed. Might not be as interesting for for the vets, but for us noobs it all helps.

Grassroots Motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    Grassroots Motorsports.
    ... if you want to read about the SCCA ...

Sports Car Magazine is SCCAs magazine for all of their motorsports events. I think the road racing might be the biggest in the magazine but their autox sections are large and strong too. rallyx is covered too, it is pretty small but there.

Grassroots motorsports is pretty good. Although the autocross articles seem to be few and far between. There are some good books on performance driving, they will help with driving more than the mag will. The mag has more coverage of national scca events.

GRM is far and away my favorite mag. Yes, they have an SCCA bent, but they have tons of articles on car setup for autocross, rally-x, track, etc etc....and all of their projects are "regular people" cars, not $100k exotics or purpose-built racecars. I've been getting GRM for 6 or 7 years and have probably read every issue 10 times. I still pull ones from years ago out to look up various projects of their that apply to things I'm doing. Great how-to sections, buyers guides for used performance cars or various tools (welders, compressors, etc), track tire comparisons, etc.

Highly suggest.

I like it enough that my GRM stickers are the only ones prominent on the new wrx (see sig)....

SCCA Forums is good, but the emphasis is totally on SCCA events at the national level.
    http://sccaforums.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=8

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine was originally entitiled Auto-X and 90%+ autocross at one time.

The SCCA national magazine Sports Car often has some autocross-related articles. Membeship at $80 is required.

The DC Region SCCA has a message board through Yahoo Groups. wdcr-scca@yahoogroups.com
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

There is also North American Pylon, a monthly ax newspaper.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. I get GRM and really like it, but as Sam noted, they are more an enthusiast mag with lots of interest - not a bad thing. I checked NAP, but they have not published since Jan 2007.

I'll need to focus on NASA and SCCA to get my AX fix.

See you at the track.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Weird, I received a NAP issue a month ago. Did you talk to them? I know they do not update the cheesy website.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcatz View Post
    Weird, I received a NAP issue a month ago. Did you talk to them? I know they do not update the cheesy website.
    I went to their website and clicked on "This Month" and got: The latest issue of North American Pylon was mailed Tuesday, January 9, 2007! But if you say you're getting them, I'll call John Kelly, the editor. He has his number listed. Thanks for clarifying.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

you can have my SCCA Sportscar magazines....they bore me to tears.

Thread Information