Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 07/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #5 - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 07/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #5

I had a good time at the event as always. I liked being able to run a similar course to the school but in my black civic this time around. Not too happy with how I did throughout the day. My first run ended up being my best which I really hate when that happens...I'm wondering if the tire sprayer would have helped. Either way, I wouldn't have been able to catch Chris' time in his STR MR2 Spider. I knew at the beginning of the season once he started modding that car he'd be a very strong competitor for STR, and now X4. I am a bit surprised how close I was to James' time as he usually kills me by a couple seconds at FedEx. I guess his car does a little better on a more open course.

Anyways here's video of my first run...
    Last edited by civicexracer; 07-19-2010 at 10:20 AM.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I'm wondering if the tire sprayer would have helped.
    I might be remembering this wrong, but at the beginning of the season I think I remember talking to you about your tires and didn't you say something like they were 2 years old? Perhaps they're just nearing being heat cycled out? I'm not sure if a tire sprayer would have helped, my A3SO5's were not hot enough to spray (then again, you do a lot more rotating than I do, which generates heat).

Since the weather insists on getting hotter, I'll probably be traveling with my tire sprayer from here on out. You're more than welcome to try it out and see if it helps out.
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 07-19-2010 at 11:49 AM.

I got a $3 spray bottle from Target or something like that and used that at the last FedEx event as well as Saturday in Waldorf. I think it makes a big difference, especially as quickly as the NCCBMW heats run. And to think I was mocking Chris at the previous FedEx event for using his! I wound up borrowing his before the last run that day, talk about an awkward conversation.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

I don't know who AJ is trying to fool, but when I do beat him at BMW events it is not usually by much, certainly my car does give me the edge on the more open courses, but I had nothing for Chris that day. Here is my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaVg1vlZE7M
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    I might be remembering this wrong, but at the beginning of the season I think I remember talking to you about your tires and didn't you say something like they were 2 years old? Perhaps they're just nearing being heat cycled out? I'm not sure if a tire sprayer would have helped, my A3SO5's were not hot enough to spray (then again, you do a lot more rotating than I do, which generates heat).

Since the weather insists on getting hotter, I'll probably be traveling with my tire sprayer from here on out. You're more than welcome to try it out and see if it helps out.
    I got the tires brand new before the start of last season. I probably have about 40 events on them all together. I didn't think about them being cycled out, that's a very good possibilty. I just found it weird because the WDCR event last Sunday the felt fine. I have a sprayer myself but this year I haven't been using it because I find in most cases I don't need it. I used it a couple times at events this year and found it actually hurt my times. I guess they cooled off too much. They probably are starting to get cycled out. Hopefully they can hold up well enough to finish the season. Those Hankook RS3's look promising for next year. Kinda sucks cuz these BStones still have a ton of tread left even after that many events lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    I don't know who AJ is trying to fool, but when I do beat him at BMW events it is not usually by much, certainly my car does give me the edge on the more open courses, but I had nothing for Chris that day. Here is my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaVg1vlZE7M
    lol I just thought after so many events at FedEx comparing times to eachother and with your new suspension stuff that you'd spank me at this event. Bowie event should be interesting. Nice driving man!

I got the tires brand new before the start of last season. I probably have about 40 events on them all together. I didn't think about them being cycled out, that's a very good possibilty. I just found it weird because the WDCR event last Sunday the felt fine. I have a sprayer myself but this year I haven't been using it because I find in most cases I don't need it. I used it a couple times at events this year and found it actually hurt my times. I guess they cooled off too much. They probably are starting to get cycled out. Hopefully they can hold up well enough to finish the season. Those Hankook RS3's look promising for next year. Kinda sucks cuz these BStones still have a ton of tread left even after that many events lol.
    The RS3's do look nice as they're 225/45/R15 but the only problem is that I've never seen anyone run with them and have much success (I might not be looking hard enough though) and they're always "special order" or "back order" on Tire Rack. Another tire I was looking at for the AW11 MR2 was the Toyo R1R, as it comes in the same size. During the pro solo, Aure was parked in the paddock next to me, and his tires cold were softer than my RE11's cold (and my RE11's have two events on them and only to/from event miles on them).

Yea, there is a strong possibility that they're turning into bricks because you've always had my number on tighter/smaller courses. Heck, earlier this year at Waldorf I was on my V710's (which are worlds better than my cruddy A3SO5's I ran last weekend) and you had me by a second.

The second place guy in str at pro solo had an s2000 and really loved the r-s3 tires. Said they were like the Dunlop z1 stars but slightly better in feedback. Price is nice too. I may get then 4 next year if they get thin in my size, or go to 17". They are $100 cheaper than mine 17 vs my 18.

There were a good amount of non-locals at the Pro that were running them. IIRC the winner in ST had them. Looks like a couple local guys are trying them out, saw John Vitavmas in his Sts RX7 at the last event on them. They are cheaper and come in a good size too.

As for our times compared, I'd say a lot of that is you improving, not my lack of grip lol.

There were a good amount of non-locals at the Pro that were running them. IIRC the winner in ST had them. Looks like a couple local guys are trying them out, saw John Vitavmas in his Sts RX7 at the last event on them. They are cheaper and come in a good size too.

As for our times compared, I'd say a lot of that is you improving, not my lack of grip lol.
    John is running RS3's now? I remember he had RE11's on the car at the beginning of the year. Car has the RE11 decal too.

There is a decent thread on the SCCA forums regarding RS3's that I read today and people are saying good things about them.

I'm about to give up the ghost on getting a transmission from a local source of mine that has been promising me it for quite some time now and just go grab a trans from a junkyard and pay the premium. Anything to get the MR2 functional. Anyway, point being, I'm probably going to throw down on the Toyo R1R's and my offset/bolt pattern will be similar to your Civic I believe and I'll let you try out the tires to see what you think about them vs your RE11's in terms of if you're heat cycled out.

I'm still a second or more behind Towery (SM Volvo sedan) on any given day, so if I've made any distance, he's made the same. =(
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 07-20-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Great event, really went off like clockwork. Thanks to all the members who run these events over what must be a really long day. My son and I had a blast and definitely want to come back for more
    2008 Interlagos Blue M3 Convertible

Pics! I hope you guys enjoy. Remember that any profits go back to the autocross program.

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    Pics! I hope you guys enjoy. Remember that any profits go back to the autocross program.

~Katie
    Thanks for the pics Katie! Great as always!

Thanks Katie, they look great.

Thread Information