Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 07/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #5

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Registration opens three weeks prior the event.
    and where is the registration? a link please

There will be a link in the first post of this thread once registration is open, which is 21 days prior to the event.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

I updated the frist post with a link though it won't be active until registration opens on the 26th.

I might actually make this one.

<crossing fingers, knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder, picked up a penny, broke a leg, and everything else that's considered good luck...>

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    looks like I'm out....good friend having a big going-away party/engagement party all day and not gonna miss it.

Guess I"m rallycrossing on the 11th instead
    Where's your rallycross going to be? Is it the SCCA event at Summit Point?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I should be at this one.

Did we ever get point totals for the season?

so not to sound like a doofus, but i have not participated in an autocross...is there a tech inspection form i need to have filled out before coming to the event?

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    so not to sound like a doofus, but i have not participated in an autocross...is there a tech inspection form i need to have filled out before coming to the event?
    There's an onsite tech inspection - basically we will ensure that the interior of the car is cleaned out (to avoid projectiles), make sure the wheels/tires/suspension won't fall off the car, and there's no major leaks in the engine bay. No need to get anything signed, etc. before the event.

thanks for the info!!

Hi, I'm new to BMW CCA and I'm assuming I belong to this chapter (or do I need to register?). I live in Waldorf and I was interested in spectating this event. Are there any fees or are the fees only to autocross?

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-M3 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to BMW CCA and I'm assuming I belong to this chapter (or do I need to register?). I live in Waldorf and I was interested in spectating this event. Are there any fees or are the fees only to autocross?
    Hi, there's no fees to come watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-M3 View Post
    The best seat in the house is behind the wheel. Why not compete? If you're new to autocross, there are plenty of folks that can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    The best seat in the house is behind the wheel. Why not compete? If you're new to autocross, there are plenty of folks that can help you out.
    True story. I brought 2 guys with me to the last Cumberland autox. 1 drove and 1 spectated. The one who spectated immediately knew it was a mistake to leave his car.

That being said, you can't fault someone from wanting to see how it works before trying it. The best way, in my opinion, is to register for the afternoon session. that way you can show up early for the AM session and watch it, then run in the PM session. This is what myself and a buddy did last year and it turned out great.

See you out there!
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Well to tell you the truth, I live like 5 min. away, and my car needs to be up-to-date before I put it under any stess. Bushings, etc. I'll be fine spectating and meeting you guys.

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but I will ask my question anyway.

I had several issues with autocross registration:

1. It does not allow me to change info about my car in my autocross subscription (I fill out the form, click continue, it says it is successful, but then when I come back to the page, it is only partially updated. The most important pieces of info - the new class is not updated)
    2. I cannot delete my old car from my garage
    3. I cannot register the second driver for the same event for the same car

A can live with 2 & 3, but the first question is critical. I wrote them an email through their help system a couple of days ago, but I have not heard anything back yet.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Thread Information