Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NXT Meguiar's wax

Thread: NXT Meguiar's wax

NXT Meguiar's wax

Can I throw NXT on top of anything? If I polish it with one product and then use say Wolfgang sealant.

Can I then throw NXT on top of that for add'l protection?

How are other people's opinions on NXT Meguiar's?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Can I throw NXT on top of anything? If I polish it with one product and then use say Wolfgang sealant.

Can I then throw NXT on top of that for add'l protection?

How are other people's opinions on NXT Meguiar's?
    I think so but make sure you let the layers cure first. Usually people will put a layer (or more) of sealant then follow up with layer(s) of wax. The wax will add depth to the paint.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

How long should it cure? I usually do Wolfgang and then some Meguires the next day; is that long enough?
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dinomite
    How long should it cure? I usually do Wolfgang and then some Meguires the next day; is that long enough?
    Yes, the next day is fine. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant must cure for at least 12 hours before being exposed to moisture. Oxygen is essential for it to properly bond to your paint.

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    I think so but make sure you let the layers cure first. Usually people will put a layer (or more) of sealant then follow up with layer(s) of wax. The wax will add depth to the paint.

---Eric
    Well, I just read that NXT paste and liquid have cleaners in them. Although NXT itself will provide protection I think the cleaners might reduce the protection from the sealant.

---Eric

I would think that any product with petroleum distillates in it would remove the underlying layer rather than add to it - a waste of product and time.

There's been some good buzz on the new Mother's stuff on the Roadfly detail board. I'm living in the past, using non-polymer products and carnauba!

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/detailing/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I bought and used some Meguairs NXT Wax. Not bad stuff for a 1 step product. I got it for my Exploder because I was too lazy to do my normal multiple step process. Came out great and despite what others have said on bf.c the wax lasts more than a few weeks.

Thread Information