Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 01/30/2010 - Great Pie Run #4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 01/30/2010 - Great Pie Run #4

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    I tried to call in my order today, since its their Thursday deadline, but it seems they are only opened Fri-Sun. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Makes sense. I emailed in a order on wednesday, and got the reply back this morning. Guess they will be busy today.

Quote Originally Posted by brohism
    Any updates/changes due to weather at this point?
    Take a look at the forecasts for Frederick and Hagerstown. Looks like it should be fine for a morning of spirited driving.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

Tour is a go for the morning. Forecast are for a dusting if any at all for where we will be driving. It looks like that will be after lunch time if it happens. I should have breakfast at the meet point. Remember we are meeting inside. YAY, because it looks like similar temps to last yr.

We still have over 30 cars and 50 people. Plenty of room left to register. Remember you don't have to be a member to attend.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 01-29-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Hey Algie,
    Waiting till the morning, No snow it's a go. Hope for the best.
    Jim

According to the news we will be good to go for the areas we will be driving. Still plenty of time to get registered. If you cancelled earlier in the week you can register again. The reason for the registration is it help me given out host at each stop an accurate head count so they can be sure to be staffed properly.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Interested to hear how the tour went with the snow ...

There would have been absolutely no way my car would even move in this white stuff. Glad I canceled now.

The section from the firehouse to CMO was a blast. The roads were clean and clear (and mostly empty), and a slight dusting of snow here and there added to the picturesque atmosphere. Got to CMO maybe 11ish, left again maybe half an hour later. Climbing back up over the ridgeline, the roads went from fine to treacherous in minutes. Coming off the ridge on the west side, they hadn't improved- so we bailed. Good thing too- I70 was really nasty all the way home. Lost track of the run off and fender bender count we passed somewhere over a dozen in maybe half an hour. The drive from Frederick to Columbia usually takes 45 min. It took nearly twice that- looked like salt and plow crews were caught unprepared. I was glad to have the new all seasons on, but I really wanted snow tires. Hope everyone else made it home safe.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

KUDOS to Sir Algie for a fun day. Everything from the hot breakfast at the VFD to friendly folks at the pie place, to the awesome waitstaff and food at the German restaurant.

MPWR, Treacherous is putting it lightly. Not sure when we left the restaurant (maybe 4 or so), but I got home around 7:15pm.

Greenway was slushy passable, but the Toll road was DREADFUL. Could someone please tell me WHY the center airport toll road was fresh and clear and FULL of trucks left and right plowing. Yet the MOST TRAVELLED SIDE OF THE TOLL ROAD full of cars was crapola. Hello? Can our side borrow a few trucks?
    This is the first time since 2005 that i truly missed my Subaru Outback. Sorry Bimmerphiles

By the way, Outbacks and Explorers were the only 2 models that I DIDNT see littered on the sides of the highways. They pretty much blew by the rest of us dummies....and i mean that jokingly people.

like Andy said above, the roads in the AM to CMO were great. i got myself a trunk full of pies, cider, and other fattening stuff.

on the way to lunch, we lost quite a few people who turned away because of the snow. i havent driven my e92 in that much snow in a while (see pic below of trying to get into the garage )

lunch was great (see pic) and I'll be eating it for a copy of days. the pork shank was the size of a head of cabbage!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	porkshank.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	1089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e92snow.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	1090  
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Every time Bob Ryan screws up on that weather, that's bad intel you're getting!

Oh, I say and I say it again, we were had!

We were took!

We were hoodwinked!

Bamboozled!

Led astray!

Run amok!

This is what He does....

Great time nonetheless. We got through the morning run with no issues. Pictures coming
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    Every time Bob Ryan screws up on that weather, that's bad intel you're getting!

Oh, I say and I say it again, we were had!

We were took!

We were hoodwinked!

Bamboozled!

Led astray!

Run amok!

This is what He does....

Great time nonetheless. We got through the morning run with no issues. Pictures coming
    Hey pie run guys, I feel your pain, I was watching the "slight dusting" from the Olive Garden in Whitemarsh rapidly dump 2/3 inches, and I hadn't even loaded the new bed on the trailer outside attached to the E30 318 with no abs and performance Paradas on the rear! I could barely get up 2 mild hills on the 6 mile trip home.Hope everybody escaped unscathed.

Super Heroes Rule!

It took us 3 hours to get home to Parkton, MD. The Baltimore Beltway was an absolute mess. Thank heavens we had a great peach pie to eat for dessert after that ordeal. Here are a few photos including one of Algie who apparently thought he was still driving even though he was acutally standing in Catoctin Mountain Orchard's store. Algie, I hereby dub you, BMWman, the superhero who defeats the evil forces of boredom and indifference by organizing great tours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallwinter09-10 230.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	1109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallwinter09-10 197.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	1110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallwinter09-10 232.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	1111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallwinter09-10 196.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	1112  

Quote Originally Posted by mkhartka View Post
    It took us 3 hours to get home to Parkton, MD. The Baltimore Beltway was an absolute mess. Thank heavens we had a great peach pie to eat for dessert after that ordeal. Here are a few photos including one of Algie who apparently thought he was still driving even though he was acutally standing in Catoctin Mountain Orchard's store. Algie, I hereby dub you, BMWman, the superhero who defeats the evil forces of boredom and indifference by organizing great tours.
    Stop holding out on the pics.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

The tour was fun. First part had great roads. I took possession of several pies and ate way too much for lunch. Next section to Hagerstown was fun but in a sliding way. I'm sure these roads in the dry would be a blast. Snow on them made turning a more restrained activity.

For the trip home - I am extremely thankful that I have winter tires on the touring. Hagerstown to Annapolis was a 3 hour trip and there were cars off the road everywhere on I-70 / MD 100 / I-97.

Looking forward to the next run!

The New Jersey crew had a blast. Thanks Algie and the NCC! Michelle and I are already looking foward to Pie Run #5. Hagerstown back to Rockville was only an hour drive; I70 was mostly clear, and 355 was not so bad either. The touring was covered with an inch of road salt by the time we made it back to NJ today.

See you next time!
    The DelVal Gang

Awesome time! I had a blast on the high-speed run from the firehouse to CMO. I was also REALLY glad I had on my winter wheels & snow tires. I didn't have any issues whatsoever going from CMO to Hagerstown, and leaving Hagerstown wasn't bad either. I headed up to Gettysburg after lunch and it was interesting to note the difference in conditions once I crossed the Pennsylvania state line. Roads were horrendous in Frederick and the general area, but as soon as I entered PA it totally cleared up and looked as if the roads hadn't even gotten snow on them.

The pies are delicious (we've already eaten 2 of the 6 I picked up). Definitely looking forward to Pie Run #5, along with the pictures from this one!

Thread Information