Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 01/30/2010 - Great Pie Run #4
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 01/30/2010 - Great Pie Run #4

01/30/2010 - Great Pie Run #4

Pie Run Registration : Scroll to the bottom of the page and click continue. If you do not have an account, this will be the only time you will have to create one. The next event you sign up for will only require you to sign in.
    GREAT PIE RUN #4 To Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, MD (near Camp David). A few of us have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies. CMO is a mom & pop operation specializing in homemade pies, either cooked or frozen uncooked. They also have fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider. Since we are going at the beginning of the season, everything will be in stock.
    Note: I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time since we are a large group. The pies can be ordered freshly baked (See pics in links below of DonDon's baked pies from pie run in December 2008. Can you say pie omelet?) or uncooked frozen. Some people brought a cooler w/ them to keep their pies from sliding around in the trunk. When you place your order, reference the "BMW group" as the group you are with. The pies range in price from $8.95-$10.95. Check their site for the different types of pie.
    IMPORTANT: The deadline for calling or emailing in orders for pies is COB, Thursday, January 28th. Pies I have eaten: apple walnut, strawberry, cherry crumb, peach, peach blueberry, blueberry, four berry.

We will then continue on to Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown, WV for lunch. They have excellent authentic German food.
    From Bavarian Inn, we will travel to Loudoun County, Va. for wine tasting. Everyone who has attended the past pie runs had high praise for the wine selection. Afterwards, you can either go home or hit the Leesburg Outlets.

The route is full of fun, empty, twisty roads. This will be a fun day for a drive with people whom share your obsession. Here are the pics and reviews from the last two pie runs:
    Dry Run Dec 08

January 09
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6&postcount=63
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4&postcount=85
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...2&postcount=89
    http://gallery.nccbmwcca.org/showgallery.php?cat=630

June 09
    http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...89#post5280089
    http://web.mac.com/aluckiedog1/Year_...s/PIE_RUN.html

WHEN: January 30, 2010 we will depart at 0900 SHARP from Hyattstown Volunteer Fire Department (I learned my lesson from last January. Man, it was cold!!!!)
    Hyattstown VFD is located at 25801 Frederick Rd, Clarksburg, Md. 20871

Feel free to PM me or email at harlemknights02@verizon.net

If you register as a non-member, your spot will be given to a registered member if the restaurant reaches capacity. I apologize in advance, but our first responsibility is to our membership. This rule does not apply to non-members attending with a CCA member in the same car.

If you are not a CCA member, please take the time to join at www.bmwcca.org. Use my number 369006 as the referring member. It is $48/yr and add'l $10/yr for associate memberships for people in your household. Associates have the same rights as full member, but do not receive a copy of the club magazine Roundel.
    Membership perks
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Thanks for organizing another one Algie!

For those who are on the fence about attending - just do it. Algie's Pie Run's have been great and I'd expect no different for this one.

bump for a fun event!!! use the link below to register

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...43651E1045B0C7
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Everyone, I spoke with Catoctin Mountain Orchard today. She has asked me to remind everyone that the day we arrive is the last weekend they will be open until May. They will have limited pies on hand of which to select.

Therefore, please order your pies in advance and you are guaranteed the type of pie(s) you want.
    You have been forewarned.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    Everyone, I spoke with Catoctin Mountain Orchard today. She has asked me to remind everyone that the day we arrive is the last weekend they will be open until May. They will have limited pies on hand of which to select.

Therefore, please order your pies in advance and you are guaranteed the type of pie(s) you want.
    You have been forewarned.
    they are closed for 4 months X 2-3 pies/month = 8-12 pies I need to order. My freeze aint big enough

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    they are closed for 4 months X 2-3 pies/month = 8-12 pies I need to order. My freeze aint big enough
    Simple fix...BY A BIGGER FRIDGE!!! or only A FEW PIES FOR YOU!!!
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

I'd love to go, but I'll be out of town that weekend.

Paul you can keep your pies in my freezer

Looking for a few folks to participate in a dry run of the route on Sat 1/16. Hit me up if you are interested.

Also there has been a question about meet points. If someone would like to take this up, then sure. I can post the info and googlemap spot of the Montgomery Mall location we used last time. This location is ideal b/c it would get the people coming from VA and lower MoCo, PG and others. I will not be able to lead the caravan.

I am trying to serve breakfast on that morning and it would require me to be in Hyattstown @ 0730 to start setting up.

Lemme know. The caravan would need to leave btw 0730-0745
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Pat at CMO asked me to remind everyone that this is their last weekend open until May. Thus far she has only received one phone order. Remember, they will have limited pies in stock. The only way to guarantee the pie type of your choice is to call in ahead. Thursday is the DEADLINE. Let them know you are with the BMW Club.

The restaurant choice for the pie run has been changed from Bavarian Inn to Schmankerl Stube in Hagerstown. We went here during the last run and there were no complaints about the food. I apologize in advance.
    PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU PLAN TO ORDER THE PORK SHANK DISH I NEED TO KNOW BY THURSDAY 3pm. If you don’t know what I am talking about see the pics from the run in June. It is huge!!

So far we have 55 people in 29 cars. We have room for 120 people total (restaurant max). For those of you who have registered as a party of one, a tour is usually easier and more fun if you have a navigator with you to read the directions. It is not a requirement, just a suggestion .

If you have friends that are not CCA members, but were thinking about joining by all means invite them. Usually attending one chapter event will bring them into the fold.

Fingers crossed for weather.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Does this happen if it snows as forecasted?

These are some of the emails I have sent to those registered:

Today:
    Things are looking good. Weathercast I have seen this evening are saying the weather should stay south of us. Still not 100%, but looking better nonetheless. Will continue to monitor until Friday.

Yesterday:
    I am closely monitoring the weather for Sat. Here are the option I am considering:

1. Cancel altogether if there is anything other than rain falling and I’ll see everyone for the June run.
    2. Alternate route. Avoid back roads; do pies and lunch
    3. Postpone until Sunday.

Everyone’s feddback is highly appreciated.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Algie,

I'd go for choices #2 or #3 - basis being; It's alot of fun to drive your tours, the people are great, and to help the local businesses - if there is a way to get out to C.M.O. and S.S. this weekend, let's go!

Jeff

I tried to call in my order today, since its their Thursday deadline, but it seems they are only opened Fri-Sun. I'll try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    I tried to call in my order today, since its their Thursday deadline, but it seems they are only opened Fri-Sun. I'll try again tomorrow.
    I was able to call and order today no problem. Maybe you happened to call during their lunch hour?

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    These are some of the emails I have sent to those registered:

Today:
    Things are looking good. Weathercast I have seen this evening are saying the weather should stay south of us. Still not 100%, but looking better nonetheless. Will continue to monitor until Friday.

Yesterday:
    I am closely monitoring the weather for Sat. Here are the option I am considering:

1. Cancel altogether if there is anything other than rain falling and I’ll see everyone for the June run.
    2. Alternate route. Avoid back roads; do pies and lunch
    3. Postpone until Sunday.

Everyone’s feddback is highly appreciated.
    Any updates/changes due to weather at this point?

Thread Information