Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Other Event 02/27/2010 - Tarheel Chapter Drivers' School - VIR Full Course (*) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 02/27/2010 - Tarheel Chapter Drivers' School - VIR Full Course (*)

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I'm with you. The question is if I'm riding on Pilot Alpins or Star Specs. We will see as we get closer. I'm going to need 45ish to make the Star Specs work.
    Where'd you come up with 45 degrees? I'm signed up for the school, and all I have available are star specs. If there's any chance of precip I just won't go, but does anybody actually know how bad it would be to use the star specs on track with temps in the 30's? They feel fine on the road in those temps.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Where'd you come up with 45 degrees? I'm signed up for the school, and all I have available are star specs. If there's any chance of precip I just won't go, but does anybody actually know how bad it would be to use the star specs on track with temps in the 30's? They feel fine on the road in those temps.

Ron
    What's wrong with rain?
    Other than rain dripping down my arm from pointbys, rain is the only time I get to pass higher HP cars.

I've been told by Toyo to be careful with my T1S below the mid 40s. They start to loose grip.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post

Ron
    Just my personal opinion of using them, nothing scientific. Below mid-40s they just feel like rocks, losing all their summer time fun. The hotter the better with these tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    I'm debating bringing my 325i with Blizzaks (I don't currently own any other tires for it) or Mcoupe with Contisports (or R888 but doubtful). I'm definitely not towing the Mcoupe down there.

Mike - come to the banquet; you may know more people than you think and you'll make friends on Saturday at the track.
    I'll reconsider it. Good point about meeting new people!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    What's wrong with rain?
    I don't have a problem with rain or cold. My prob is rain and cold. It's a 500 mi round trip, and I'd have do it on the star specs, so if there's a good chance of any freezy stuff I'll hold off. It's the chance I took, signing up for a Feb event. There will be MANY more opportunities this year.

I hear ya. Cold rain and wind with your face being sandblasted in the paddock.

I can hardly wait.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I am so on the face about this school. I need to decide tonight if I am going to cancel.

Is being on the face something that happens after you fall off the fence? ;-)
    Seriously guys, in two weeks were could see a nice, warm weekend - or . . . .
    Is there a cut off date for refunds?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Is there a cut off date for refunds?
    I think it would have been Friday.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Spoke to Paul/Radial today.
    He says that RA1s will be fine after 2 laps even in the 40s whereas my T1Rs will be better the first to laps than RA1s and never get better.
    Just be careful in the uphill esses those first two laps until the tires warm up.

We'll just have to start with higher pressures than usual.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I know it's still too far away, but Accuweather says rain all weekend, highs in low-mid 60s, never below freezing at night.

Accuweather changes daily. Tough choice, warm rain or cold?
    I know I shouldn't be watching the weather everyday, but I do.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Just go back from the NASA event. 58 and sunny on Saturday and 65 and sunny on Sunday. At least the weather was outstanding

Re: 02/27/2010 - Tarheel Chapter Drivers' School - VIR Full Course (*)

i don't think it will be that warm, but no snow or rain so far for this weekend.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

You Have Got to Be Kidding...

Urgent - winter weather message
    national weather service baltimore md/washington dc
    558 pm est tue feb 23 2010
    dcz001-mdz009-013-016-017-vaz042-052>054-240700-
    /o.exa.klwx.ws.a.0007.100225t0500z-100226t1100z/
    district of columbia-montgomery-prince georges-charles-st. Marys-
    loudoun-prince william/manassas/manassas park-fairfax-
    arlington/falls church/alexandria-
    including the cities of...washington...gaithersburg...waldorf...
    St marys city...leesburg...manassas...manassas park...fairfax...
    Alexandria...falls church
    558 pm est tue feb 23 2010
    ...winter storm watch in effect from late wednesday night through
    late thursday night...
    The national weather service in sterling virginia has issued a
    winter storm watch...which is in effect from late wednesday night
    through late thursday night.
    * precipitation type...snow.
    * accumulations...potential for snow accumulations of 5 or more
    inches.
    * timing...a mix of rain and snow wednesday evening will become
    all snow between midnight and 3 am wednesday night. Snow is
    expected to continue thursday and thursday night.
    * temperatures...lows in the upper 20s wednesday night. Highs in
    the lower to mid 30s thursday. Lows in the upper 20s thursday
    night.
    * winds...northwest winds 10 to 15 mph wednesday night.
    Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts around 35 mph thursday
    and thursday night.
    Precautionary/preparedness actions...
    A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant
    snow that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest
    forecasts.

Greg

I remember one year digging my car for a DE at VIR. I think it was one of Audi's first schools.
    There was snow all the way to Fredricksburg, then cleared up. Some snow along 360.

Danville is calling for snow on Wednesday up to 1 inch.
    Fri-Sun high 40s.
    Snow and rain Monday night.

Greenville may get some snow Wednesday.
    With any luck there will be a 3 day window of clear weather.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information