Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Cool video

Thread: Cool video

Cool video

Not that this is an endorsement of any kind, but this would be fun to do in any big city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2QtrYXHNYU
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

They are not a bit mistaken as Getaway in Stockholm was not the original as far as I didn't know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzjAepptbQI). I'm against any driving like this since it's just going to cause an accident sooner or later. If they are that good of drivers they should take it to the track. Then again, I guess I have seen the videos..
    Last edited by Scany; 01-05-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I stand corrected as seen below

I'm pretty sure the French video far predates getaway in stockholm.

There are some new(er) getaway in stockholm videos filmed in an E46 M3 that are utterly ridiculous. The guy goes actively looking for trouble (LEOs).
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I'm pretty sure the French video far predates getaway in stockholm.

There are some new(er) getaway in stockholm videos filmed in an E46 M3 that are utterly ridiculous. The guy goes actively looking for trouble (LEOs).
    Yes you are completely right! I stand corrected. Personal cronological order doesn't count.. I knew I shouldn't have given those Sweeds any credit.
    Last edited by Scany; 01-05-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Ah, that must have been the good old days in Paris, before they installed the traffic, potholes and cops. I lament having missed that week.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

The vid is a classic but largely a fraud IMO. The sound is dubbed and explains why the tire squealing doesn't make sense. I believe the driver never really got about about 85mph. Sorry to kill a classic.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Speaking of speed...oooops...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8446545.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    The vid is a classic but largely a fraud IMO. The sound is dubbed and explains why the tire squealing doesn't make sense. I believe the driver never really got about about 85mph. Sorry to kill a classic.
    I thought the tire sqealing was close to real, but the exhaust note seemed to be triple the speed of the actual car, unless he had a 9.50 rear diff.!?.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    Speaking of speed...oooops...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8446545.stm
    Need any more reasons why America is the greatest place on earth? Here's my personal favorite speeding ticket: http://jalopnik.com/5311819/bugatti-...g-210-mph%252B

210 MPH in a Bugatti, $500 fine.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    This was shown at a club meeting over 30 years ago. There's lots of speculation about how much of it was faked. I've heard the car was LaLouch's personal Ferrari 275 GTB and I've heard it was his Mercedes 6.3 sedan. It's pretty obvious the sound was dubbed. I think LaLouch does maintain it was shot in a single take. While it sounds like the car is screaming, it's not passing other vehicles or objects that fast.

I must say the you tube video on my monitor is better than my 30 years old 3rd or 4th generation VHS tape. Even though I've seen it a thousand times, I just watched the whole thing yet again.

A classic, no matter how fake.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Not sure if this makes america the greatest place on earth. People certainly have their share of speed camera tickets for going 11mph over the speed limit...

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Need any more reasons why America is the greatest place on earth? Here's my personal favorite speeding ticket: http://jalopnik.com/5311819/bugatti-...g-210-mph%252B

210 MPH in a Bugatti, $500 fine.
    Last edited by Uber-Goober; 01-12-2010 at 04:12 AM.

Thread Information