Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 01/16/2010 - DIY @ AtSpeed Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 01/16/2010 - DIY @ AtSpeed Motorsport

01/16/2010 - DIY @ AtSpeed Motorsport

AtSpeed Motorsport
    Hanover MD

Why is this DIY limited to fluid changes only? I spoke with Bob Miller, and he said he had told the coordinator that anything that could get done in the time allotted, fluid or mechanical, would be OK . . .

Exclamation 16JAN10 DIY @ At Speed

Zoombie et al,

Please be advised that the NCC DIY Program is run by the NCC DIY Committee, and that the single point of contact for questions is the DIY Chair, Phillip Cummings. Once the specific DIY Coordinator has been announced, he or she typically becomes the source of information.

While we are very thankful to have our numerous DIY Sponsors (our program would not exist without them), our webpage DIY information states that members should not contact the Sponsor without first having spoken with the Chair or Coordinator. This process is not for us to be overly controlling; it's simply to maintain a single source of information. In past we've had enough instances of too many cooks spoiling the chowder.

If you still have a question or concern, please contact Phillip Cummings; he can give you the most up-to-date information.

Hope this helps.

Alan
    DIYCom

The AtSpeed DIY is NOT limited to fluid changes. I have no idea why that was on the website, but it was in error.

I am coordinating the event. We seem to have had some troubles with the website update during registration, but as a result we still have space available for the 1/16 DIY.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

New Web Site-Not Clear HOW To Register for DIY

I'm fairly computer-literate yet cannot find the place on the new website (or even the old) to register for this event. Is it hiding in plain sight and I'm just missing it? Thanks...

I am curious about the same thing. I have been searching and searching and to no avail.....Let me know so I can register for a good event

Dinner after DIY

To all of the DIYers coming to Charm City.

A bunch of the local e24/e28/e30 plus a bunch of HPDE driving instructors et al are working on a dinner at Petit Louis in N. Balto for the same evening. If there is interest, please post here. I am trying to get a head count for the arrangements.

The plan if it works is to arrive at Petit Louis early for a 1700 hour seating with enough time to inspect cars and of course have some friendly banter.

Exclamation How to Register for 16JAN DIY

Note: This is a test message of information about DIY #1, and you will see another message from the DIY Chair.

There are spaces available for this DIY. The coordinator for this event is Andy Miller; he can get you registered for the DIY. Information required
    • make/model/year
    • job you want to perform
    • Full name
    • home phone
    • work phone
    • email address
    Once you have e-mailed this information to Andy Miller, he can contact you with any additional questions, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Alan
    DIYCom
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.

How To Register for 16 JAN DIY

Let me apologize for the website, it is being revised and updated and our registration process is not finalized. There are spaces available for the DIY. The coordinator for this event is Andrew Miller, he can get you registered for the DIY.
    Information required:
    Make/Model/Year
    Job you want to performe
    Full Name
    Home phone & email
    Email this info to Andrew Miller
    Regards
    Phillip
    DIY Committee Chair
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.

This is my first DIY I'm hoping to attend - I have two questions:

. I've looked every where for Andy Miller's email address, so I can register but I can't find it. Am I missing something?
    . I plan on doing some fluid changes and understand that I should buy the products from At Speed per DIY policy. Should I call them in advance to give them heads up on what I's like (hopefully they carry Redline stuff).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 4DIMNZN View Post
    . I've looked every where for Andy Miller's email address, so I can register but I can't find it. Am I missing something?
    No, you're probably not going to find it. Please send me a Private Message through the forum and I will get in contact with you.

You are certainty strongly encouraged to buy parts and fluids from At Speed. You should contact them tomorrow and order what you need. I believe Bob Miller (the owner) will be honoring the CCA discount. If he cannot get the parts/fluids you want, you can of course purchase them elsewhere and bring them.

Andy
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3

Hey all-

We're pretty well full for registration. I may be able to take a couple more walk-ups for fluid changes. Hours for the DIY will be from 0900 to 1430. I will not be assigning times for lifts- it will be first come, first serve. Please make sure to arrive early, and be prepared to give a hand if you're waiting for a lift. At Speed is in a large building, and if the weather is cold it may be cold inside- remember to dress warmly. Bob Miller is happy to help us with parts. At Speed stocks very little in the way of parts, so please order what you will need. Bob says that he should be able to have parts if they are ordered one or two days before the event. (And he carries Redline.)

If you're not registered for the event, you are welcome to come hang out, help out, and join us for lunch. Bob would be very happy to show you around his shop- and some of the many cool cars he has on hand.

Andy
    Last edited by MPWR; 01-08-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3

Andy, I've volunteered at the past three DIY days since moving to the area from Michigan. If you could use a hand again, I'll gladly fill my trunk with tools and head over. I'll also send you a PM.

-Greg
    89 735iA
    85 M639 (still in MI)

Was there going to be a DIY on 1/23 at Convenience Car Care? Any idea on when the schedule will be updated past February? Looking forward to making it to one of these soon.

Thanks!

Maurice
    86 635

The 1/23 event at Convenience was cancelled. The schedule beyond the Feb. 06 event at EuroTech is still being nailed down with sponsors and will be released when we know it. We know when most of the events will be, but are filling a couple of holes.... Should be soon!
    I'm the only 4 cylinder in this village!
    Caroline Miller
    LDIY Co Chair
    '97 Alaska Blau 318ti
    '95 Avus Blau M3

Thread Information