Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 10/23/2010 - Autocross Points Event #8 - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/23/2010 - Autocross Points Event #8

Hey nice photos. How'd the afternoon go? Did the course get much faster when it warmed up?
    '90 325is | '08 STi

Oh! Also I have a question for anyone who was working Corner 6 on the 2nd session of PM runs ... did car 76 (ie me) hit any cones there?

Well done on the course design this time out, nice mix of technical and all out speed. I still can't get over the lack of grip there was at the start. Usually the only time I can break the rear tires loose on my piddly little 1.6L Miata is in the rain.

My best was a 49.444, no idea where that'll put me in the results but it felt pretty good doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlyhkhjbopw

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDecaf View Post
    Hey nice photos. How'd the afternoon go? Did the course get much faster when it warmed up?
    hard to say....though only one person that I saw (Fred in the red MS3) was in the 47s for the X2 cars (my best was 48.7). You said you were in the mid 47s in the am as I recall...So not sure. IDK if warmth helps at Summit anyhow with that slick surface.....

Here's a compilation of my 3 vids (the other two I didn't get!). Wind noise was terrible (will use the other GoPro back next time), so I just overdubbed it with some Iron Maiden

hopefully this works, I just uploaded it to facebook - faster upload than other video sites, lol.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50107228958102

I talked to Ron and he said he got a 46.5.

who's ron?

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    I talked to Ron and he said he got a 46.5.
    Waiting for the results to see if it was clean. Adam said he had a 46.6 in the second half of the AM heat. We normally run very close, so it seems that maybe today the PM temps didn't make as much difference as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    who's ron?
    Ouch. 6'7" tall, White e36 M3.
    Last edited by ronh21; 10-23-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Waiting for the results to see if it was clean. Adam said he had a 46.6 in the second half of the AM heat. We normally run very close, so it seems that maybe today the PM temps didn't make as much difference as normal.

lol, I know you. I thought he was talking about someone in X2, because that's what I was talking about and I didn't remember any "ron" in X2. I was about to be salty if someone in X2 was in the 46s :/

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post

LOL!!! Yea, Ron is the person that easily sticks out the most. Either by his pass times or by his height.

Well, the MR2 experiment was fun while it lasted but I doubt that's the last time we'll see that car outside of a PDX/Time Trial/HPDE/Club event. She's very unfit for an autocross. Too spongy, no enough room to move in the cockpit, pain to get in/out, etc.

lol....I had one of my runs set on stills ever second.....I guess the shortest route is a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    yay! Didn't know you were there, were you up on the hill or somethign?
    I was usually by the tent. Didn't take a ton because Moose wasn't tired but I think I got most everyone in the afternoon at least one or two shots, but I know that I got some of you. Hopefully I'll get them sorted...sometime...right after I finish that paper...

~Katie

Looking forward to Katie's pics! Thanks to our organizers for another fun event.
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Here's my four runs, and mr Sun ruins the last half of every run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsoU9RVtzCk

Julio, you should look into a way to mount your camera on the roof - it gives you a much better view of the course ahead and is more helpful for seeing what parts you drove well and what parts you didn't. Also since the camera is pointed more downward it lessens the impact of the sun.

Thread Information