Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 185

Thread: 10/23/2010 - Autocross Points Event #8

                  
   
  1. #91
    Senior Member civicexracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    270
    Maybe it'll just be a walk-up registration all day for everyone? If so, I'm assuming there would be a little drop in attendance sooooo more runs??

    wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

  2. #92
    Senior Member irish44j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    426
    so....I guess Saturday is gonna be all walk-up. That should be a pretty mess.....

  3. #93
    Senior Member civicexracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    270
    hmm, assuming we do have to pay on-site, does that mean we all pay on-site fee or would we just get a break and pay online-fee? Just in case on-site payment happens, I just want to know how much cash I need to have on me lol.

    wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

  4. #94
    Member hepcatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    hmm, assuming we do have to pay on-site, does that mean we all pay on-site fee or would we just get a break and pay online-fee? Just in case on-site payment happens, I just want to know how much cash I need to have on me lol.
    You'll need a lot as we all did rock, paper & scissors while you were out and you came up to pay everyone's entrance fee. =)
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

  5. #95
    Member m3chaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcatz View Post
    You'll need a lot as we all did rock, paper & scissors while you were out and you came up to pay everyone's entrance fee. =)
    That's definitely the best idea I have ever heard in my entire life.

  6. #96
    Senior Member irish44j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    426
    Concur. He has three cars, he can afford it!

  7. #97
    Senior Member civicexracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    270
    My question was referring to the $35 you usually pay when pre-registering online vs. the $45 you have to pay when on-site(or how ever much it is).

    And Ok, I'll buy SPR and all your cars while I'm at it so I can run a different car everyday .

    And no, I don't have 3 cars. The RSX is a friends who I co-drove half this season at WDCR, the Neon I sold about a year ago. I have 1 car but drive 2. The black civic is mine and I DD a '99 civic that my dad can't drive because he has too many cars to drive on his own lol. So really own 1 car... And I'm an unemployed college student... Don't know where you guys are getting at that I have money lmao. I'm sure you guys driving BMWs and Subarus have boat loads more money than I do, wana pay for my entry fee?
    Last edited by civicexracer; 10-19-2010 at 09:45 PM.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Even if it were to leave "a mark" its nothing you can't rub off with a terry towel, lol. I've hit plenty of cones and never seen any marks on my cars (and they're all black, so any mark would show up).
    The cone marks on both sides of my car would beg to differ...

    1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

  9. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    The cone marks on both sides of my car would beg to differ...
    i'll take some tape with me just in case

  10. #100
    Senior Member flohtingPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I'm sure you guys driving BMWs and Subarus have boat loads more money than I do, wana pay for my entry fee?
    Yea, me too, I cant even afford a car from the 90's onward =P

  11. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    236
    I'll be there all day. Tried to sign up but....


    What traction control?

  12. #102
    Member m3chaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    Yea, me too, I cant even afford a car from the 90's onward =P
    Yet you MASSACRE most people with your toyota. I hate you for that by the way.

  13. #103
    Senior Member irish44j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    My question was referring to the $35 you usually pay when pre-registering online vs. the $45 you have to pay when on-site(or how ever much it is).

    And Ok, I'll buy SPR and all your cars while I'm at it so I can run a different car everyday .

    And no, I don't have 3 cars. The RSX is a friends who I co-drove half this season at WDCR, the Neon I sold about a year ago. I have 1 car but drive 2. The black civic is mine and I DD a '99 civic that my dad can't drive because he has too many cars to drive on his own lol. So really own 1 car... And I'm an unemployed college student... Don't know where you guys are getting at that I have money lmao. I'm sure you guys driving BMWs and Subarus have boat loads more money than I do, wana pay for my entry fee?
    wow....I think that may be the first time that "guys with BMWs" and "guys with Subarus" have ever been equated as being in the same financial situations, lol.....

    I bought my car because I COULDN'T afford a 3-series that gave comparable performance, lol....and it was the first new car I have ever bought in 20 years of owning cars!

    btw, the part about you paying for everyone was facetious Could have jsut as easily said "hey, that guy who showed up last event in the e92 M3 should pay for everyone, he can afford it".....and for the record, I do have 3 cars (mine, wife's, and the old Triumph....). And I can't afford to pay anyone's entry fees!
    Last edited by irish44j; 10-20-2010 at 12:23 PM.

  14. #104
    Senior Member irish44j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    The cone marks on both sides of my car would beg to differ...
    John, every time I've seen your car it's dirty as hell anyways (much like mine). The thought of you getting down and rubbing out cone marks with a claybar seems far-fetched

  15. #105
    Senior Member civicexracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    wow....I think that may be the first time that "guys with BMWs" and "guys with Subarus" have ever been equated as being in the same financial situations, lol.....

    I bought my car because I COULDN'T afford a 3-series that gave comparable performance, lol....and it was the first new car I have ever bought in 20 years of owning cars!

    btw, the part about you paying for everyone was facetious Could have jsut as easily said "hey, that guy who showed up last event in the e92 M3 should pay for everyone, he can afford it".....and for the record, I do have 3 cars (mine, wife's, and the old Triumph....). And I can't afford to pay anyone's entry fees!
    I'm not comparing BMW TO Subaru's, I'm making the comparison of me owning a Honda to BMW and Subaru owners in general. Since those cars in general cost way more than Honda's, specifically 15yr old civics...

    I know it's all in fun, as are my comments so please don't take them the wrong way. This interwebz stuff doesn't show playful sarcasm very well...

    Oh and cones can do a some damage, usually minor though. I have a nice foot+ long crack in my bumper from nailing double stacked, frozen cones years ago. Super high winds and 20degree weather makes for frozen, double stacked cones and loud noises when hitting them... Ah how I miss running Philly SCCA winter series. I also have a few scuffs that wont come out. I've ripped out a fender liner and had to cut part of my other one due do some cone carnage lol. Out of all the events I've done though, it's rare.

    wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter Event 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 10:32 PM
  2. Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
  3. Chapter Event 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3
    By mcoupemindy in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 10:29 AM
  4. Chapter Event 04/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #2
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
  5. Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •