Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3 - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Yeah, but you are both quiet with respect to your times. It seems like the T2 me/Ron/Joe/Woody/Jon battle is more public and has us always talking about our times and what not. Also, for some reason, people are always trying to compare themselves to me. Maybe because I am teaching the autocross classroom stuff or whatever, but I hear my name mentioned as a target more than you two, but I feel that you guys' precision should be the real target -- at least for now . Hope that clarified my "quiet" statement. Your pink shoes the other month were definitely not quiet. Ha ha. Maybe I should get a pair of those for Divisionals.
    Yea we just show up and leave ASAP. We have been bleeding air pressure the last 2 events though... didn't do that for the first one. Well, you could tell everyone that I instructed you and Ron in our AutoX school... maybe people will start wanting to talk to us! I love my shoes they are the hawtnezz!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    I have been pretty laid back about being competitive, but Adam and Chris are really getting to me this year. I know his car has a grip and horsepower advantage, but, I want to beat them sooo bad.

Power steering delete will free up a couple ponies, a strut brace will help, but, I need a solid 2 seconds...
    How much power does your car have? I've got 193. I think you weigh less tho, but I do have an LSD.

I guess I need pink shoes.
    This.

2700lbs 140 hp 200 ft-lbs o' trq

and pink shoes

2700lbs 140 hp 200 ft-lbs o' trq

and pink shoes
    IIRC 3100 lbs 193/208
    god dam 400 lbs?? our power/weight ratios are similar tho i'd say that torque is more impt up to like 70mph

Literally the hotshoe.

Ima visit the shoe store an getz me some of them shoes.

Good for at least .5

Funny. I have been dropping pressure through the season. I was at 32 psi cold from 36 optimum and 34 decent from previous events. Gonna go back to about 35 cold and 37ish hot.

Sam: you should have pushed that Z3 a little more - you would have clearly won your category if you had I know you know this - hell you told me that

Noel, I dropped pressures like crazy on my Star Specs at summit with great results. The lower I went, within reason, the more grip I got out of that surface. I was setting pressures before runs, and I liked 34 front 35/36 rear. I then lowered just my right side tires 2 lbs more before each run to help with the ring-around-the-horseshoe.

I *might* get 1 more event out of these tires before I scrap them. I'm just about at the wear bars now, and I've got evo school coming up before more ncc & scca fun.

Nitto's are on deck. Time to try the NT05's.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    IIRC 3100 lbs 193/208
    god dam 400 lbs?? our power/weight ratios are similar tho i'd say that torque is more impt up to like 70mph
    That means it's all driver, Dammit!
    And I get practice runs!
    Dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Sam: you should have pushed that Z3 a little more - you would have clearly won your category if you had I know you know this - hell you told me that
    Thanks for making me feel better about that Noel.

I get my car back tomorrow with newly installed Powerflex rear subframe bushings. That has to be good for a second, Right? Pink shoes are good for another second so I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Noel, I dropped pressures like crazy on my Star Specs at summit with great results. The lower I went, within reason, the more grip I got out of that surface. I was setting pressures before runs, and I liked 34 front 35/36 rear. I then lowered just my right side tires 2 lbs more before each run to help with the ring-around-the-horseshoe.

I *might* get 1 more event out of these tires before I scrap them. I'm just about at the wear bars now, and I've got evo school coming up before more ncc & scca fun.

Are evo schools good? I've never done one

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Are evo schools good? I've never done one
    They are supposed to be awesome - I'd love to attend one but I'm just too poor right now.

What tires / sizes are you ditching Mike?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Did anyone in the PM session happen to recover a flat black e36 fog light delete? I just noticed today that my passengers side one is missing. The same thing happened at Bowie when I punted a cone. I happened to hit 1 cone on the passengers side at Summit, so I am pretty sure that's where I lost it. Surprised it took me this long to notice...

Anyhow, if anyone picked it up, please let me know. Thanks!

....that poor little guy is probably still out there getting run over by the karts.

EDIT: aww... you can see it starting to come out in this pic....and the offending cone in the background, lol. Sucks.

Last edited by turbosporttsi; 05-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    I can put cams on your car AJ and create a video like what I did for the last SCCA event, with the big screen showing your car movement and a box off to the right showing your driving. I have plenty of memory space and such.
    I'm down for that as long as we aren't in the same heat. I don't want to take away from you recording your runs.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by turbosporttsi View Post
    Did anyone in the PM session happen to recover a flat black e36 fog light delete? I just noticed today that my passengers side one is missing.
    YES! A courseworker picked it up and turned it in. I made several announcements about it before fun runs, sorry you didn't get it then.
    Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what happened to it after we found no suitors for it. I imagine it got stored in the trailer, but I don't know exactly where. Your best bet would be to contact Jonathan, Doug, or Aaron and ask them to look for it at the Test 'n' Tune event, which is the next time we'll be bringing out the trailer. I won't be there or I would have dug around for it myself. Hope it's still there!
    Mike R.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    What tires / sizes are you ditching Mike?
    255/40/17 Z1's. Moving to 275/40/17 NT05's.
    Mike R.

YES! A courseworker picked it up and turned it in. I made several announcements about it before fun runs, sorry you didn't get it then.
    Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what happened to it after we found no suitors for it. I imagine it got stored in the trailer, but I don't know exactly where. Your best bet would be to contact Jonathan, Doug, or Aaron and ask them to look for it at the Test 'n' Tune event, which is the next time we'll be bringing out the trailer. I won't be there or I would have dug around for it myself. Hope it's still there!
    Pretty sure it's still in the trailer. In the drawers I think...

~Katie

Thread Information