Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3 - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    If your number starts with a "1" you're in the AM
    If your number starts with a "2" you're in the PM

Currently 44 cars registered for AM and 34 in the PM....
    And remember - NO WALKUP REGISTRATION FOR THE AM SESSION

Shoot, didn't know registration closed on Thursday, so now I'm stuck. If there is anyway to commit to the morning session, let me know. If not, I'll have to wait till the next event. That's what I get for not setting my Outlook alert for more than 24 hours.

Mark

Mark, just join us for the PM session, where walk-ups are allowed. Hope to see you out there!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Looks like I won't make it even though I registered (215/X2). Business trip extended. Bummer, I finally got my suspension work done too. See you all next time.
    Tim

Where can I find the times for the events. I've registered for multiple events and it never actually posts the specific times. The best I see is "AM" or "PM". Am I completely missing something?

oops//
    Last edited by irish44j; 05-14-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Day-Of Schedule for Event #3

Here is tomorrow's schedule. We will be better about posting it in the event info in the future!

7:45am - Facility Opens to the Public
    8:00am - Tech Inspection Opens
    8:30am - Course Opens for Walkthroughs (or when otherwise announced)
    8:50am - Novice Drivers Meeting followed by Novice Course Walk
    9:00am - Tech Inspection Closes
    9:10am - Course Closes
    9:15am - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting
    9:30am - First Car Off

11:30am - Tech Inspection Opens
    12:00pm - Registration Opens for Walk-Up Registrations (or after Final Car Finished from AM event)
    12:00pm - Course Opens for Walkthroughs (or when otherwise announced)
    12:20pm - Novice Drivers Meeting followed by Novice Course Walk
    12:30pm - Tech Inspection Closes
    12:40pm - Course Closes
    12:45pm - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting
    1:00pm - First Car Off
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Here is tomorrow's schedule. We will be better about posting it in the event info in the future!

7:45am - Facility Opens to the Public
    8:00am - Tech Inspection Opens
    8:30am - Course Opens for Walkthroughs (or when otherwise announced)
    8:50am - Novice Drivers Meeting followed by Novice Course Walk
    9:00am - Tech Inspection Closes
    9:10am - Course Closes
    9:15am - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting
    9:30am - First Car Off

11:30am - Tech Inspection Opens
    12:00pm - Registration Opens for Walk-Up Registrations (or after Final Car Finished from AM event)
    12:00pm - Course Opens for Walkthroughs (or when otherwise announced)
    12:20pm - Novice Drivers Meeting followed by Novice Course Walk
    12:30pm - Tech Inspection Closes
    12:40pm - Course Closes
    12:45pm - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting
    1:00pm - First Car Off
    Additionally, the schedule is ALWAYS on the DLBRacing registered driver list.

Here is a video of 3 of my 4 runs. I don't know if run 2 or run 3 is the missing one. Was a fun fast course but there was the one section were I was on the rev limiter for a while, maybe I should have shifted to third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNyowiHMjo

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Here is a video of 3 of my 4 runs. I don't know if run 2 or run 3 is the missing one. Was a fun fast course but there was the one section were I was on the rev limiter for a while, maybe I should have shifted to third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNyowiHMjo
    Those were really smooth runs. Did you hit one of the cones in your second or third run?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Great event and great course yet again! I love being home before 2pm after an event, and I live just over an hour away... I believe my best time was a 39.6xx with a passenger. I maxed 2nd gear and bounced off the limiter for a while(never ever done that before in my 4+ years autoxing). I tried 3rd gear on my 2nd and 3rd runs but I feel as if it hurt more than helped. Last run I ran out 2nd and got my best time. I got up to about 65mph when in 3rd IIRC.

I'll have my video up tomorrow hopefully and I got some pictures in the paddocks of the TrackDaze and Porsche events over inthe other tracks. Actually ran into a few familiar faces at the TrackDaze event, fellow autoxers.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Those were really smooth runs. Did you hit one of the cones in your second or third run?
    Yeah, I ran over that cone, not looking ahead and poor turn in. In the video after I run over it you can see a corner worker start running for it, I must have dragged it some.

I think my fastest time was 38.7 or 38.8.

Had a good time today...that was a fun course. Designers made it flow nicely, especially considering part of it was taken by the stupid go-karts and construction trailers. When NCC is paying for the lot, you would think that Summit could put the go-karts out in the paddock or something, not up on 15% of the paved area that we then couldn't use. It also seems all those tire walls somewhat limit the options for more technical course designs...hopefully it won't be a problem in the future.

My fast time was 39.4x (or it might have been 38.4, couldn't see the display from the angle I was at), but looks like even with Fred gone I'm going to be at least 2nd - to the white 09 WRX hatchback who said he put up a 39.1....

Clearly I need to make some driver adjustments because all 4 of my runs I took a very bad line in a specific section (a different section each run, that was the frustrating part). But no cones that I could see, beautiful day, and finished early...so great day overall.

Here are my vids: did 4 different camera views (the 4th one sucked) in one vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjOrNkIbIO4
    Last edited by irish44j; 05-15-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Awesome event guys! My mom had a blast too! I did pretty good for being in T3 and this being my third event. My best time was a 43.515. It was a really fast course too! If I had more...courage, I would have tried to carry more speed through the big sweeper. Anyway, see you all at the next event.

Had a good time playing with you all today. Nice flowing course, very slick surface though Here's a video of my best run, 40.692:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65j_ddqVzY8
    Jim
    2005 Honda S2000

Thread Information