Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3 - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    nah, I"m not limited....just messing with you. But I don't build boost quite as quickly as you do, so the slow courses aren't the best for me...
    Ah. Just took a look at a dyno chart for your car and I see the difference in our power bands. I am very jealous to see your car pulling strong to 6500 while mine goes to sleep after 5500 (although you spool closer to 3700 whereas I get peak torque at 3000). It helps that my gearing is short and I can afford to hang around in 2nd for the entire course without a huge problem. I just get into situations like Waldorf where I got well above 5500 in 2nd (shifting into 3rd hurt my time) in three different sections, or in Bowie where I had to bog it down to get around the islands. I might explore left-foot braking to keep boost rather than planting my right foot and dealing with the understeer coming out of quick transitions. Oh well, every car has their quirks!

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Tire Rack just delivered a set of Ventus V12's for the awd wagon, so if it is still slick I may drive the wagon and stay in T3...

WHAT???
    If you're bringing your wagon I'm bringing my new 7 and break it in right.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Ah. Just took a look at a dyno chart for your car and I see the difference in our power bands. I am very jealous to see your car pulling strong to 6500 while mine goes to sleep after 5500 (although you spool closer to 3700 whereas I get peak torque at 3000). It helps that my gearing is short and I can afford to hang around in 2nd for the entire course without a huge problem. I just get into situations like Waldorf where I got well above 5500 in 2nd (shifting into 3rd hurt my time) in three different sections, or in Bowie where I had to bog it down to get around the islands. I might explore left-foot braking to keep boost rather than planting my right foot and dealing with the understeer coming out of quick transitions. Oh well, every car has their quirks!
    I think that's why I got you in Waldorf.....I was in full boost and top power at the top of 2nd on that fast crossover. Listening to my in-car video, I can hear me hit the rev limiter twice quick right before I braked for the turn - when you got stuck into 3rd or were losing power at the top of 2nd.

I was dropping into 1st around the islands in Bowie to stay in full boost, and you still beat me there though.....

I thought I was bad with my "excuses."

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    I think that's why I got you in Waldorf.....I was in full boost and top power at the top of 2nd on that fast crossover. Listening to my in-car video, I can hear me hit the rev limiter twice quick right before I braked for the turn - when you got stuck into 3rd or were losing power at the top of 2nd.

I was dropping into 1st around the islands in Bowie to stay in full boost, and you still beat me there though.....
    I'm pretty sure the line I took through the final section after the fast sweeper is what put me ahead of you at Bowie. I took a line similar to AJ and I remember you commenting on how you wished you had taken that line. Driver mod +1

I think the car was only part of the reason you got me in Waldorf, simply the better driver that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    WHAT???
    If you're bringing your wagon I'm bringing my new 7 and break it in right.
    That should be a fun car to autocross. (sarcasm)
    Bring the roadster, don't be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the line I took through the final section after the fast sweeper is what put me ahead of you at Bowie. I took a line similar to AJ and I remember you commenting on how you wished you had taken that line. Driver mod +1

I think the car was only part of the reason you got me in Waldorf, simply the better driver that day.
    Why don't you guys co-drive each others cars and settle this once and for all!

I hope to make it as a walk-up but I can't say one way or another right now nor can I say what car I'll be driving or whether or not I'll have a 9 month old with me. Basically I don't know squat right now.

I'm really getting frustrated with this whole not autocrossing stuff this season....

What traction control?

Only 76 registered so far... Do I smell more runs and leaving early??

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I thought I was bad with my "excuses."
    We like to call it "analysis" rather than "excuses" That, and we're just talkin trash for the hell of it!

Besides, we don't get to use "rain" or "flooded course" as excuses like most of you BMW guys do, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Why don't you guys co-drive each others cars and settle this once and for all!
    I think we both think we'd kill each others' cars...plus it wouldn't settle anything, since we've both beaten each other at different events. Adding different cars to the mix would just screw us up even more, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    I hope to make it as a walk-up but I can't say one way or another right now nor can I say what car I'll be driving or whether or not I'll have a 9 month old with me. Basically I don't know squat right now.

I'm really getting frustrated with this whole not autocrossing stuff this season....
    I hear your roadster likes the mud at summit

Just wondering if we know how many cars registered before the cutoff and where the break is between the AM and PM runs. I picked a number hoping I'd be in the AM . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Just wondering if we know how many cars registered before the cutoff and where the break is between the AM and PM runs. I picked a number hoping I'd be in the AM . . .
    You either register for the PM or AM session. The number you chose only affects which heat you run in, as there are 2 heats in each session.

Oh all right I'll run too.

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to make up my mind.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    If your number starts with a "1" you're in the AM
    If your number starts with a "2" you're in the PM

Currently 44 cars registered for AM and 34 in the PM....

Thread Information