Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Autocrossers Inc 3rd Points Event - May 23, 2010
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2010) Autocrossers Inc 3rd Points Event - May 23, 2010

Thumbs up (2010) Autocrossers Inc 3rd Points Event - May 23, 2010

AJ and I were there and I think I may have spotted Noel out on course, but I never had a chance to catch up with him (assuming it was him indeed). Anyone else go?

I was worried at first, thinking I might have made a massive mistake changing to r-comps in the morning instead of staying on my RE11's, but luckily the track was only semi-damp for everyone in the 3rd heat. If I'd have ran in the 1st heat, I'm almost positive that it'd have been a better choice to stay on the street tires.

No good camera angles this week as I was worried about getting my cam soggy, so I only ran a single HD cam instead of my dual setup.

Noel, Joe, Aure and myself were there in STR.

Nice jobs, Jim and James. The morning was really wet compared to the afternoon. I will post my video later. It is true what you said in your video, that the courses were completely different morning and afternoon.

I threw away my last two runs hitting the lane change cones somehow. I am still not even sure how I screwed that up. I have to edit the cursing out of my video before I post it, but it is easy to see the frustration nonetheless.

Flatouts and long sweepers, sad I missed it. That looks like a course I could have been 7 kinds of tail happy on.

I especially liked the 2-cone-offset gate you pass at 1:01.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Nice cameo by Franklin there at the finish.

I was across the way on a different lot doing the SCCA schools both days this weekend. I am wore OUT. But hopefully something sunk in over the two days and I'll be a little faster from now on.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Nice cameo by Franklin there at the finish.

I was across the way on a different lot doing the SCCA schools both days this weekend. I am wore OUT. But hopefully something sunk in over the two days and I'll be a little faster from now on.
    Yea, he had a fun battle with Edwin going on that day, as he let him drive his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJ1i6CnIm0

I was so mad because this was my day to pick up a 1st place and I squandered it.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    Noel, Joe, Aure and myself were there in STR.

How did you do? Do you have the results?
    I can't wait for the NE Divisional...I hope that my car handles like Saturday at the PCA event. I have been very inconsistent this year.

Quote Originally Posted by An2ny View Post
    How did you do? Do you have the results?
    I can't wait for the NE Divisional...I hope that my car handles like Saturday at the PCA event. I have been very inconsistent this year.
    I don't know where to get the results but I believe it was: 1) James Dunham 2) Lee Wood 3) Noel Leslie 4) Joe Brannon 5) Aure ,but I am not really sure after 3rd place. There were 2 S2000's and a M coupe also running.
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

Anyone catch how the NSX ran. Also, I think the black NSX got 5 runs cause he lined up at the beginning of the grid, then went to the back of the grid after his first run (essentially getting two runs in the first run session).

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    Anyone catch how the NSX ran. Also, I think the black NSX got 5 runs cause he lined up at the beginning of the grid, then went to the back of the grid after his first run (essentially getting two runs in the first run session).
    I'm guessing that the NSX was not that great. This is only based on the fact that I followed him into the parking lot for the last two minutes of the drive in when it was still raining slightly, and he looked like his car was a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    I'm guessing that the NSX was not that great. This is only based on the fact that I followed him into the parking lot for the last two minutes of the drive in when it was still raining slightly, and he looked like his car was a handful.
    Surprisingly I saw the NSX turn a 52.xx before I had to leave.
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

OK, so I stand corrected. The NSX guy can drive.

While I said that the NSX was having problems in the rain entering the parking lot, I did not speak about my own difficulties. I spun through the intersection behind him. OK, that's a lie, but he did seem like his car was a handful enough just driving in.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    Surprisingly I saw the NSX turn a 52.xx before I had to leave.
    I've never driven or even ridden in in an NSX, but how good is a 52.xx (afternoon time mind you) in a car that Ayrton Senna himself helped sort out the handling on?

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    I've never driven or even ridden in in an NSX, but how good is a 52.xx (afternoon time mind you) in a car that Ayrton Senna himself helped sort out the handling on?
    Yeah it wasn't a scorching time, but I was expecting the guy to be totally embarassed, so he must have autocrossed a few times before.
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

Thread Information