Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3 - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3

Quote Originally Posted by bsetw View Post
    Nice photos everyone. here are my 4 runs from the day. http://www.youtube.com/user/brysonstewart#p/u
    The video is a little shaky, still working out the in car camera setup. Unfortunately my best run (1st in S1) was only recorded about half way.
    Thanks for posting and congratulations on taking S1! I use youtubedoubler to compare how I did against better drivers and you were really quick off the start. Here's a link to the side-by-side: http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video...Name=agreatham

What are you using to mount your camera?
    Last edited by agreatham; 05-18-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Wish I could have stuck around for fun runs. This was a great event for me, I finally got 1st in my class and was only a few tenths of a second off Noel's time!

I did notice a problem with the course workers through. Station 1 was responsible for the area just in front of them and just behind them. The cars were running in such a way that they would be both in front and behind station 1 at the same time so it was hard for them to watch both cars. I saw at least 1 car go off course in front of station 1 and don't think it ever got called. Just something to keep in mind for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Thanks for posting and congratulations on taking S1! I use youtubedoubler to compare how I did against better drivers and you were really quick off the start. Here's a link to the side-by-side: http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video...Name=agreatham

What are you using to mount your camera?
    Thanks for the link, im definitely going to start using that. The camera I used was a friend's kodak HD flip camera thing mounted upside on the sunroof using a suction cup mount. the problem was that there was about 8 inches of some stiff flexible material between the suction cup and the 1/4-20 screw which led to a lot of vibration in the camera. For the next one im going to try to rig something up thats more rigid.

Try this. http://www.soloperformance.com/PANAV...nt_p_1551.html

The vid I posted a couple pages back was filmed using this mount suctioned to the inside of the front window. (The main vid, not the "in-car" cam.)
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by turbosporttsi View Post
    Try this. http://www.soloperformance.com/PANAV...nt_p_1551.html

The vid I posted a couple pages back was filmed using this mount suctioned to the inside of the front window. (The main vid, not the "in-car" cam.)

that looks pretty solid, thanks.

It is.

Happy to help.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by turbosporttsi View Post
    It is.

Happy to help.

what setup (camera and mount) did you use for recording yourself in the pip window.

The camera in the smaller window is just a little Nikon point-and-shoot camera mounted to a Targus tripod head (from Target) which is mounted to the little tabs that the folding rear seats attach to. A similar setup can be accomplished by mounting a piece of metal bar/tube/strut between the rear headrest mounting holes using some all-thread and wing nuts.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by darkfiber View Post
    Wish I could have stuck around for fun runs. This was a great event for me, I finally got 1st in my class and was only a few tenths of a second off Noel's time!
    Good Job. Keep striving to beat my times - if you can you are getting faster every event and it is impressive. I don't think you're gonna beat my times, but if you do, you still have to beat my PAX times since we are in different classes. Ha Ha

The real targets (for all of us) though, should really be Adam C. and Chris H. They are both seasoned drivers and quiet in demeanor, but have been kicking everyone's behinds. Look at the numbers...

Has Christie driven your car? I bet she would put down some threatening numbers in your car as well I think you both should be co-drivers at a SCCA event some time -- in either your or her car. You both are very good drivers.

Cheers,

Noel

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Good Job. Keep striving to beat my times - if you can you are getting faster every event and it is impressive. I don't think you're gonna beat my times, but if you do, you still have to beat my PAX times since we are in different classes. Ha Ha

The real targets (for all of us) though, should really be Adam C. and Chris H. They are both seasoned drivers and quiet in demeanor, but have been kicking everyone's behinds. Look at the numbers...

Has Christie driven your car? I bet she would put down some threatening numbers in your car as well I think you both should be co-drivers at a SCCA event some time -- in either your or her car. You both are very good drivers.

Cheers,

Noel
    Us quiet?? We were the ones trying to throw a Nerf football through the wind with a spool of tape around it! And I might have been running around with Thayers' dog and slipped and fell lol.

Chris and I appreciate the compliments. Don't forget, you're fast too buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Yeah I can do that. I'll put it on the driver side rear window looking in. It'll give a good view of the steering wheel and also the course. Hope I remember to do that for next event lol.
    I can put cams on your car AJ and create a video like what I did for the last SCCA event, with the big screen showing your car movement and a box off to the right showing your driving. I have plenty of memory space and such.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Us quiet?? We were the ones trying to throw a Nerf football through the wind with a spool of tape around it! And I might have been running around with Thayers' dog and slipped and fell lol.

Chris and I appreciate the compliments. Don't forget, you're fast too buddy.
    Yeah, but you are both quiet with respect to your times. It seems like the T2 me/Ron/Joe/Woody/Jon battle is more public and has us always talking about our times and what not. Also, for some reason, people are always trying to compare themselves to me. Maybe because I am teaching the autocross classroom stuff or whatever, but I hear my name mentioned as a target more than you two, but I feel that you guys' precision should be the real target -- at least for now . Hope that clarified my "quiet" statement. Your pink shoes the other month were definitely not quiet. Ha ha. Maybe I should get a pair of those for Divisionals.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Yeah, but you are both quiet with respect to your times. It seems like the T2 me/Ron/Joe/Woody/Jon battle is more public and has us always talking about our times and what not. Also, for some reason, people are always trying to compare themselves to me. Maybe because I am teaching the autocross classroom stuff or whatever, but I hear my name mentioned as a target more than you two, but I feel that you guys' precision should be the real target -- at least for now . Hope that clarified my "quiet" statement. Your pink shoes the other month were definitely not quiet. Ha ha. Maybe I should get a pair of those for Divisionals.

I have been pretty laid back about being competitive, but Adam and Chris are really getting to me this year. I know his car has a grip and horsepower advantage, but, I want to beat them sooo bad.

Power steering delete will free up a couple ponies, a strut brace will help, but, I need a solid 2 seconds...

I guess I need pink shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post

I guess I need pink shoes.
    I can help with that - spray paint time

Thread Information