Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7

Thanks

Thank you for putting on such a fun event. I had a good time.

One more video of my last run showing how much I had to work to keep all that mad turbo Mazda power (barely) under control:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y05iQUepAyU

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Another good event. I liked the course layout, and like everyone else I struggled with grip a little. My car also didn't care for the bumpiness, which I don't remember being an issue there in the past. Here's the one run I got on video, my last and fastest.

Last edited by ronh21; 09-12-2010 at 02:29 PM.

I absolutely loved the course. I was fighting with rear grip, but I was able to overcome it with a little throttle modulation. I can't wait until the SP event!!

Just saw the results. Just like everyone else I too appreciate all the organizers hard work and it'd be great if we can get the season standing before the final event. Btw, I think an M5 shouldn't be in T3, probably it was a typo of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    Just saw the results. Just like everyone else I too appreciate all the organizers hard work and it'd be great if we can get the season standing before the final event. Btw, I think an M5 shouldn't be in T3, probably it was a typo of some sort.
    PM luda, he said he's taking care of it from now on. I too was hoping to see points result through Event 6.

Thanks for the positive comments! I had a good time as well.
    This run felt pretty good, not good enough to catch Adam and Chris. Being beat by a full 1.5 seconds really hurts...Nice work Chris.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlEGcAw_d8

This is Jon driving my car from outside.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Em8...eature=channel

Posted a video of my fastest run, need to put the camera higher up next time.

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

yup course was great and the event was fun as always. Really wish I could have stayed longer to drive Eric's '10 Z4 on this course. It was great at Bowie but this course was definitely power hungry and that would have been a perfect car...

Here my vids. I was messing with my camera mounting it in a different place each run. Some good views and interesting video. Learned I need to start getting closer to cones. Probably a tenth or 2 out there just from distance. Last run is my best run.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Sorry I missed this one it looks like it was a great course. Unfortunately I'm traveling during the next one too so I'm done for the year. I had a great time this season, my first, and learned a lot thanks to all of you. I also pretty much destroyed the engine in my G35 a couple of weeks back so I'll be back next year in something different and I hope faster! Cheers.

I had a blast and thought the course was excellent. Third week in a row in a different generation Miata has really been quite the experience. I was thrown for a bit of a loop at the braking zone for the third to last turn, as I kept hitting it like I was on r-comps instead of street tires so I blew the zone heavily three times in a row. Over all, it was a great day and worked really good to tire me out for the flight overseas.

OK, I feel better about having the car sliding around on all my runs. For my 5th and almost fastest run I dropped my tires down to "wet" pressures - 34/31 - from where I usually run on the same surface, 37/35. It helped quite a bit.

I have to check the video though, as I was pretty sure my 2nd run wasn't clean...

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Yep, 2nd run was not clean. You can see how I'm flailing at the wheel during the early offset sections:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-khGtpAp3w

Here's my only clean run, run #5. A LOT less steering input and the run was much smoother and better as a result:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHY2k2F6HiI

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

I enjoyed the course. I thought it was very technical and required a lot of looking ahead and earlier-than-expected braking.

Here's my fifth and fastest run. After going a second slower on my fourth run than my third (and killing 3 cones in the process!), I resorted to the old "slow down to go faster" idea. It worked. Despite more than a few technical difficulties, I pulled off a 45.057, which I thought was decent, all things considered.

Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

finally figured out Premiere enough for this video of my final and fastest run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMHeLKTZ7zU

Thread Information