Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

I was hoping I'd get a 3rd or 4th place finish again this weekend but with all those Subies running and that other red Speed3 its gonna be tough!

btw, that Ferrari is registered with 2 drivers - one in X2 and one in X3, which is odd since no way an F430 can be in X3. It's a 4.3L V8 car, so assuming stock tires (RE050s, 140 treadwear) it should be in X2 for both drivers. Unless of course you get to bump down a class for a female driver

I think we should add a class bump-up for cars that cost in the six digits, lol.
    Last edited by irish44j; 08-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElGordoFeroz View Post
    I was hoping I'd get a 3rd or 4th place finish again this weekend but with all those Subies running and that other red Speed3 its gonna be tough!
    The silver 05 STi was about 3 seconds quicker than the rest of the class (including Fred Caton in his MS3) the last time at Bowie. The STi is running some thick rubber and alot of camber, and he can drive. I'd be surprised if any of us can match him in that class (I'm way short on tire and camber...so not me). Not sure about the blue impreza - he hasn't run with NCC this season from what I can tell. And I'm the third subie I don't recall the other red Speed3 putting up very quick times in past events, but I could be wrong. Plus that Cobalt SS could be fast, those things are nice and light....

Should be a quick, fun group it looks like. Looking forward to it! Praying for rain too, lol....
    Last edited by irish44j; 08-11-2010 at 10:48 PM.

I believe that's Jon Moon in the silver STi. He's been out of the game most if this season with car issues but I think he's good to go now with a fresher motor. Might be a little rusty but def. don't underestimate him, good driver for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Plus that Cobalt SS could be fast, those things are nice and light....
    I'm not sure I'd consider 3000 lbs. light.

I'll see you all there bright and early.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I'm not sure I'd consider 3000 lbs. light.

I'll see you all there bright and early.
    compare it to all the other cars in that class, and it's light. And I thought Cobalt SS's were more like 2800lbs?

btw, that Ferrari is registered with 2 drivers - one in X2 and one in X3, which is odd since no way an F430 can be in X3. It's a 4.3L V8 car, so assuming stock tires (RE050s, 140 treadwear) it should be in X2 for both drivers. Unless of course you get to bump down a class for a female driver

I think we should add a class bump-up for cars that cost in the six digits, lol.
    I'll let him run in X3 if I can drive it. Got a call from the shop today, not sure if the car will be ready =/

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    I'll let him run in X3 if I can drive it. Got a call from the shop today, not sure if the car will be ready =/
    I take it you didn't get in touch with Darius about co-driving his 240? I'd offer my car, but the last 2 times I had a co-driver, they never got to drive because the car broke during my runs (CV axle on the accord, spun crank bearing on the WRX). So I think having a co-driver curses me.

Last minute permission from the boss to run in the AM. w00t!

For irish44's benefit I properly BMW'ified my car color.

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Dammit...the "Jon" who beat me badly at the last Bowie event is showing up again :/ Guess I'm shooting for 2nd place, lol...

And someone in a Ferrari F430. hm.
    The guy in the F430 is new to autocross, but it's great to see someone come out with such a great car like that. Just goes to show you that the man actually appreciates his car!

Got my control arms on last night! Man the old ones were shot!

You can always drive mine, however as you know I'm in x4

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    The guy in the F430 is new to autocross, but it's great to see someone come out with such a great car like that. Just goes to show you that the man actually appreciates his car!
    We'll find out by how much painter's tape is used

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    Last minute permission from the boss to run in the AM. w00t!

For irish44's benefit I properly BMW'ified my car color.
    as long as you stay in X3, you can be whatever color you want, John.

Quick question. Being in S1, would my suicide knob be considered just a steering wheel accessory or would it put me in T1 or M1. We all know Sam is gonna try and get us to shift into 3rd gear and it sure is nice one handing the wheel with that knob.

James

I just reviewed the S2 entries and we E36s are at a huge disadvantage against the E90s and E80s. This class needs some fixing. My 2¢.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Thread Information