Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Fun course but I was real skittish about going WOT in a lot of places, especially in the last third of the course. Not sure if it was the car or the surface but I had to do a lot of catch-up with the steering in places just to get in a straight line to start thinking of putting power down. I actually had more confidence driving my '90 at FedEx the next day, and that was four runs all in the rain. I must be intimidated by the Mazdaspeed's B0000ST.
    Yea, it's Bowie ground. I had to cut off a slice of oppo while coming through the middle section.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    lol, I was just throwing random cars out there....I wasn't specifically talking about you.
    No worries! I realized how badly my numbers did suck when I was out working trying to keep track of who was who...

Can't wait for Waldorf!
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Ok it was all my fault.
    Did I need to put a smiley there? I liked the course. I was a little slow to warm up to your courses simply because they were short, time-wise, but now I'm definitely a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Maybe it was off-camber at the transition between walls, i dunno, but you really had to be patient and smooth to stay planted through the sweeper. If you had an abrubt transition or missed the turn-in the back end stepped out and it was game over. I enjoyed that driving aspect of it and it made it fun to watch.
    Totally agree. And, I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    And, I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".
    I wouldn't mind Bowie if stuff didnt fail or break on me there. It's not the best lot in the world but it's certainly better than sitting at home with hand in pants, ala Bundy.

No worries Ron. My sarcasm doesn't come through the internets so well.

All that room outside the sweeper definitely sucked you in, but then you were going too fast for the "boxes". Adam found that out a couple times.

Wes, Here's are great shot of your spin/burn out as taken by MY kids who were obviously not in your car

(ElGordoFeroz - There were 2 E90's running in the afternoon, Wes's 335 (notice the dual exhaust), and my 330), neither of whom seemed needing to be "worried about")

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0153.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	1274

Did I need to put a smiley there? I liked the course. I was a little slow to warm up to your courses simply because they were short, time-wise, but now I'm definitely a fan.

Totally agree. And, I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".
    I like Bowie....it's a good lot for AWD

I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".
    I know I enjoyed the hell out of the course. Everything I had run in the past have been really tight, double-back courses that were as much a memory test as a driving exercise.

I'm hoping to find the same kind of "stretch your legs" room at the other courses that I felt Bowie had last weekend...
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_MD View Post
    I know I enjoyed the hell out of the course. Everything I had run in the past have been really tight, double-back courses that were as much a memory test as a driving exercise.

I'm hoping to find the same kind of "stretch your legs" room at the other courses that I felt Bowie had last weekend...
    You'll like Waldorf...it's about twice the size of Bowie.

Guess you've been running with CDC alot, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_MD View Post

I bet you would liked the first Summit Point event this year. I was shifting to third two or three times each run. That fits my definition of a good leg-stretching.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

I like Bowie....it's a good lot for AWD
    No kidding ...

You'll like Waldorf...it's about twice the size of Bowie.

Guess you've been running with CDC alot, then?
    Looking forward to that, then.

Saturday was the first time I've been out since '97 or '98. Back then I did some SCCA and AX Inc stuff, mostly at Ft. Meade and the minor-leage stadium in Frederick.

I like the atmosphere here a lot better...
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Wait until you see the atmosphere at Summit Point in October. I predict rain the night before dropping leaves on the course and mixing with the ever present flour type dirt and puddles. There won't be any complaints about not being able to get your car to slide around, just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic330 View Post
    Wes, Here's are great shot of your spin/burn out as taken by MY kids who were obviously not in your car

(ElGordoFeroz - There were 2 E90's running in the afternoon, Wes's 335 (notice the dual exhaust), and my 330), neither of whom seemed needing to be "worried about")

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0153.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	1274
    I didn't know those Conti's could smoke that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Wait until you see the atmosphere at Summit Point in October. I predict rain the night before dropping leaves on the course and mixing with the ever present flour type dirt and puddles. There won't be any complaints about not being able to get your car to slide around, just the opposite.
    I will be brushing up on my drift king skills for that event.

Thread Information