Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    yeah yeah I know....but in my defense the Continental tires I had on my car were the cause of my so called "drifts". By the third run they were so slick it was hard to keep from sliding the rear out. I'd also like to add that letting off the gas in a slide would have induced a spin since that is what I tried before I did my "360". I felt it was safer to stay on the gas and keep the car under control than to let off and spin out.
    Staying on the gas feels good.

I was the one with the e30 m3 that was sliding around everywhere. My tires were done so I knew I wasnt gonna get any good times in so I thought I would have some fun anyway. I have been doing this kinda stuff for years and wasnt trying to offend anyone or get anybodies panties in a bunch. If I was doing dounuts and spinning out everywhere I would see the concern. If you dont want to see me sliding and having a good time then feel free to turn away when I am on the course. I still ran a 41.6 sliding like mad btw.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterM3 View Post
    I was the one with the e30 m3 that was sliding around everywhere. My tires were done so I knew I wasnt gonna get any good times in so I thought I would have some fun anyway. I have been doing this kinda stuff for years and wasnt trying to offend anyone or get anybodies panties in a bunch. If I was doing dounuts and spinning out everywhere I would see the concern. If you dont want to see me sliding and having a good time then feel free to turn away when I am on the course. I still ran a 41.6 sliding like mad btw.
    How did we get to the point where someone doing a little drifting feels like he's under attack?

I didn't see any problem with what you were doing, nothing offensive. There were some others obviously trying (with varying levels of success) to do what you were doing. Heck, I tried myself on my last run but couldn't break the rear free. There did seem to be a higher than normal amount of spins and tire smoke yesterday, for whatever reason. I think I'm gonna lay this one on Sam, for tempting us all with the huge sweeper.

And Jonathan, you're definitely a show-boater sometimes. Why not? You have a bad-a$$ boat to show. Have a blast. Just don't wipe out half the course during the first fun run of the day. It's not cool
    Last edited by ronh21; 08-16-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterM3 View Post
    I'm only offended that I don't have car control like that!

Video of my best run, using our parsimonious camera system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reza6TtcXr4

Fun course but I was real skittish about going WOT in a lot of places, especially in the last third of the course. Not sure if it was the car or the surface but I had to do a lot of catch-up with the steering in places just to get in a straight line to start thinking of putting power down. I actually had more confidence driving my '90 at FedEx the next day, and that was four runs all in the rain. I must be intimidated by the Mazdaspeed's B0000ST.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Fun course but I was real skittish about going WOT in a lot of places, especially in the last third of the course. Not sure if it was the car or the surface but I had to do a lot of catch-up with the steering in places just to get in a straight line to start thinking of putting power down. I actually had more confidence driving my '90 at FedEx the next day, and that was four runs all in the rain. I must be intimidated by the Mazdaspeed's B0000ST.
    Yea, it's Bowie ground. I had to cut off a slice of oppo while coming through the middle section.

No worries Ron. My sarcasm doesn't come through the internets so well.

All that room outside the sweeper definitely sucked you in, but then you were going too fast for the "boxes". Adam found that out a couple times.

Wait until you see the atmosphere at Summit Point in October. I predict rain the night before dropping leaves on the course and mixing with the ever present flour type dirt and puddles. There won't be any complaints about not being able to get your car to slide around, just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Wait until you see the atmosphere at Summit Point in October. I predict rain the night before dropping leaves on the course and mixing with the ever present flour type dirt and puddles. There won't be any complaints about not being able to get your car to slide around, just the opposite.
    I will be brushing up on my drift king skills for that event.

Lol!

What video editing software are you guys using to get the PNP? Can you do this with just Windows Movie Maker?

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Quote Originally Posted by Tochenzo View Post
    What video editing software are you guys using to get the PNP? Can you do this with just Windows Movie Maker?
    I use Adobe Premiere, but you can use windows movie maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tochenzo View Post
    I use iMovie on a Mac.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I like Sony Vegas, very straight forward and easy to export to any format...but Premiere is fairly similar just a bit more complicated.....So do people really get upset when im throwing my rear end around like some hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    ..So do people really get upset when im throwing my rear end around like some hooker?
    You put on quite a show IMHO! Just don't forget your damn helmet next time!!!!!

Thread Information