Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

Yeah but, Velocity Red is awesome and totally faster than just red!

(ps registered for PM runs, see you all them!)
    Last edited by ElGordoFeroz; 08-06-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    Irish - you are bored. It's all part of the love and the fun. If you just put black or blue or red, it's just boring.
    my car is listed as "blackish"....which is more fun because it's not a real color

then again, with all the rock chips and lack of paint detailing, my car isn't really black...so i guess it works

Hello - first time autoxer here. Also new to NCC so thx for the invite to the event; should be fun. I registered and guessed I'd be in T1 class and not sure when the AM session would start and finish? I have a few mods on my s54 including dinan struts, sway bars, CAI and software that I'm pretty sure keep me out of showroom class. Thanks Rob.

Get there around 7:45 or 8am. First car off is around 9:30, am session should be done by noon. There will be a novice course walk guided by an instructor for anyone who wants it and I would reccomend you ask for an experienced a-xer to ride with you. Have Fun!

Why so much hate? If you hate SM, you're going to loathe FSP. Pretty sure there is only one car competitive-ish in that class in the area and it is a dying class nationally too.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    SM isn't terribly difficult. I've been in striking distance of a trophy (.2 to .3) a couple times with SCCA and have trophied with AI in a car with a fraction of the HP and on relatively skinny r-comps (215's). I cant wait till next year though so I can bid good day to the class and join FSP.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxax View Post
    Why so much hate? If you hate SM, you're going to loathe FSP. Pretty sure there is only one car competitive-ish in that class in the area and it is a dying class nationally too.
    Huh? Where do you see hate? Alan asked if there was a class with a lot of folks that wasn't super competitive (IE: a class that doesn't have an Ian Baker in it that will demolish your times) and SM is just that (since the split of SMF from SM). Mainly because it's a catch class that folks (much like myself), wind up falling into. I dont have any ill feelings about SM or the folks in it. If I hate anything it's my own car, not the class it's in.

I have no idea who you are, so it's safe to assume that you dont know me. You ask any of these folks that have autocrossed with me and you'll find that I'm not a hateful person.

Huh? Where do you see hate? Alan asked if there was a class with a lot of folks that wasn't super competitive (IE: a class that doesn't have an Ian Baker in it that will demolish your times) and SM is just that (since the split of SMF from SM). Mainly because it's a catch class that folks (much like myself), wind up falling into. I dont have any ill feelings about SM or the folks in it. If I hate anything it's my own car, not the class it's in.

I have no idea who you are, so it's safe to assume that you dont know me. You ask any of these folks that have autocrossed with me and you'll find that I'm not a hateful person.
    You are a hateful person ... and 100% full of rage!

p.s. Is your car back in one piece yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You are a hateful person ... and 100% full of rage!

p.s. Is your car back in one piece yet?
    NOOOOO!! The cat is out of the bag! It's true, I'm a jerk =*(

I called the shop today and they said it should be ready today/tomorrow (but that's what everyone is told when they call shops). If the car is ready to go, then so am I. I'm sure a bunch of people cant wait to stomp my times at Bowie, I never drive well there =P

Hmm, perhaps hate was a bit strong.

I have met you before at SCCA events, where you also told me you didn't like running in SM. I did not take it personally, nor did I think you didn't like the people in the class. Just thought your desire to "bid good day" to SM probably also suggested you no longer wanted to be in the class. Sometimes a bit of humor doesn't transfer over teh internets very well. See ya at FedEx on the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxax View Post
    Hmm, perhaps hate was a bit strong.

I have met you before at SCCA events, where you also told me you didn't like running in SM. I did not take it personally, nor did I think you didn't like the people in the class. Just thought your desire to "bid good day" to SM probably also suggested you no longer wanted to be in the class. Sometimes a bit of humor doesn't transfer over teh internets very well. See ya at FedEx on the 15th.
    Ah, I gotcha. No, any disdain I have is all pointed to my vehicle. My car is not built for, nor strong for SM, this is why I cannot wait to tear down the car during the winter and rebuild for FSP. If I had something with a lot more HP, it'd be a different story all together.

What car do you drive? I'm terrible with names =P

NOOOOO!! The cat is out of the bag! It's true, I'm a jerk =*(

I called the shop today and they said it should be ready today/tomorrow (but that's what everyone is told when they call shops). If the car is ready to go, then so am I. I'm sure a bunch of people cant wait to stomp my times at Bowie, I never drive well there =P
    Every time I read something like this I remember a TV ad from a few years ago where a customer calls the shop about his car, the manager says he has 3 of his best guys on it, they cut to scene of three greasy fat guys sitting on the hood of a car eating lunch.

Joe

I will actually be at this event with my M Coupe instead of my brothers Vette. New subframe and RTABs are in!

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    I will actually be at this event with my M Coupe instead of my brothers Vette. New subframe and RTABs are in!
    back to the slomobile eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    back to the slomobile eh?
    Yes sir. Feels so good.

Dammit...the "Jon" who beat me badly at the last Bowie event is showing up again :/ Guess I'm shooting for 2nd place, lol...

And someone in a Ferrari F430. hm.

Thread Information