Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 201

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

                  
   
  1. #151
    Senior Member flohtingPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Fun course but I was real skittish about going WOT in a lot of places, especially in the last third of the course. Not sure if it was the car or the surface but I had to do a lot of catch-up with the steering in places just to get in a straight line to start thinking of putting power down. I actually had more confidence driving my '90 at FedEx the next day, and that was four runs all in the rain. I must be intimidated by the Mazdaspeed's B0000ST.
    Yea, it's Bowie ground. I had to cut off a slice of oppo while coming through the middle section.

  2. #152
    Member Tim_in_MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Monkton, MD
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    lol, I was just throwing random cars out there....I wasn't specifically talking about you.
    No worries! I realized how badly my numbers did suck when I was out working trying to keep track of who was who...

    Can't wait for Waldorf!
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Ok it was all my fault.
    Did I need to put a smiley there? I liked the course. I was a little slow to warm up to your courses simply because they were short, time-wise, but now I'm definitely a fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Maybe it was off-camber at the transition between walls, i dunno, but you really had to be patient and smooth to stay planted through the sweeper. If you had an abrubt transition or missed the turn-in the back end stepped out and it was game over. I enjoyed that driving aspect of it and it made it fun to watch.
    Totally agree. And, I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".

  4. #154
    Senior Member flohtingPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    And, I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".
    I wouldn't mind Bowie if stuff didnt fail or break on me there. It's not the best lot in the world but it's certainly better than sitting at home with hand in pants, ala Bundy.

  5. #155
    No worries Ron. My sarcasm doesn't come through the internets so well.

    All that room outside the sweeper definitely sucked you in, but then you were going too fast for the "boxes". Adam found that out a couple times.

  6. #156
    Wes, Here's are great shot of your spin/burn out as taken by MY kids who were obviously not in your car

    (ElGordoFeroz - There were 2 E90's running in the afternoon, Wes's 335 (notice the dual exhaust), and my 330), neither of whom seemed needing to be "worried about")

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0153.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	1274

  7. #157
    Senior Member irish44j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Did I need to put a smiley there? I liked the course. I was a little slow to warm up to your courses simply because they were short, time-wise, but now I'm definitely a fan.



    Totally agree. And, I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".
    I like Bowie....it's a good lot for AWD

  8. #158
    Member Tim_in_MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Monkton, MD
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    I think I'm the only one that actually likes Bowie and all it's...ummm..."character".
    I know I enjoyed the hell out of the course. Everything I had run in the past have been really tight, double-back courses that were as much a memory test as a driving exercise.

    I'm hoping to find the same kind of "stretch your legs" room at the other courses that I felt Bowie had last weekend...
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

  9. #159
    Senior Member irish44j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_MD View Post
    I know I enjoyed the hell out of the course. Everything I had run in the past have been really tight, double-back courses that were as much a memory test as a driving exercise.

    I'm hoping to find the same kind of "stretch your legs" room at the other courses that I felt Bowie had last weekend...
    You'll like Waldorf...it's about twice the size of Bowie.

    Guess you've been running with CDC alot, then?

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_MD View Post
    I know I enjoyed the hell out of the course. Everything I had run in the past have been really tight, double-back courses that were as much a memory test as a driving exercise.

    I'm hoping to find the same kind of "stretch your legs" room at the other courses that I felt Bowie had last weekend...
    I bet you would liked the first Summit Point event this year. I was shifting to third two or three times each run. That fits my definition of a good leg-stretching.

    2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    I like Bowie....it's a good lot for AWD
    No kidding ...

  12. #162
    Member Tim_in_MD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Monkton, MD
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    You'll like Waldorf...it's about twice the size of Bowie.

    Guess you've been running with CDC alot, then?
    Looking forward to that, then.

    Saturday was the first time I've been out since '97 or '98. Back then I did some SCCA and AX Inc stuff, mostly at Ft. Meade and the minor-leage stadium in Frederick.

    I like the atmosphere here a lot better...
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

  13. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    152
    Wait until you see the atmosphere at Summit Point in October. I predict rain the night before dropping leaves on the course and mixing with the ever present flour type dirt and puddles. There won't be any complaints about not being able to get your car to slide around, just the opposite.

  14. #164
    Senior Member Highflyr777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic330 View Post
    Wes, Here's are great shot of your spin/burn out as taken by MY kids who were obviously not in your car

    (ElGordoFeroz - There were 2 E90's running in the afternoon, Wes's 335 (notice the dual exhaust), and my 330), neither of whom seemed needing to be "worried about")

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0153.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	1274
    I didn't know those Conti's could smoke that much!

  15. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Wait until you see the atmosphere at Summit Point in October. I predict rain the night before dropping leaves on the course and mixing with the ever present flour type dirt and puddles. There won't be any complaints about not being able to get your car to slide around, just the opposite.
    I will be brushing up on my drift king skills for that event.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter Event 04/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #2
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
  2. Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1
    By webmaster in forum Autocross sponsored by Road Race Technologies
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
  3. Chapter Event 01/31/2010 - NCC Winter 2009-2010 Karting Event #6
    By webmaster in forum Karting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:08 AM
  4. Chapter Event 01/24/2010 - NCC Winter 2009-2010 Karting Event #5
    By webmaster in forum Karting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:08 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •