Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

This event is at Bowie, I don't think we will see 3rd gear. Atleast I'd hope not with how small the lot is and with poles and islands...

I haven't seen 3rd gear all season ...bowie, summit, waldorf.....though I did bounce it off the limiter in 2nd at waldorf at 61mph

Just got home with the Corolla. Car feels ok, so I'll be at Bowie tomorrow for afternoon registration =)

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    I just reviewed the S2 entries and we E36s are at a huge disadvantage against the E90s and E80s. This class needs some fixing. My 2¢.
    They may be faster in a straight line, but they are heavier so they don't turn as well. New BMW's (and any new car ) are getting too heavy for autocross. Check the results, the fastest cars are also the lightest.
    Either way classing is usually discussed at a meeting open to all at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    I just reviewed the S2 entries and we E36s are at a huge disadvantage against the E90s and E80s. This class needs some fixing. My 2¢.
    Not at all... some people have had no trouble matching/beating the times of E9x 335s with "lowly" E30/E36 4-cyl and E30 eta's for several years.

Also, it is looking a little bleak that I'll make it tomorrow. The dog has not been feeling well and don't want to leave her alone for too long. Hopefully, it was something she ate and I'll see you all in the tech line bright and early.
    Last edited by Biggins; 08-13-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Let's take a pole, who thinks we'll turn left at the bottom/back of the lot and who thinks right? I think the designer should have us creep through the islands and give us a series of switchbacks working our way back up.

ooooooowwwww!!!

I think I'm going to get an instructor to ride with me tomorrow to get some coaching.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

I just might do that too, Bowie seems tough for me (like I have easy ones to compare to).

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    I just might do that too, Bowie seems tough for me (like I have easy ones to compare to).
    Bowie is just a problematic lot. My everlasting bad luck there aside, the lot is relatively poor in terms of surface. It's very understeery and loose and chews up tires (r-comps, street tires last fine).

Yeah, I either do ok or tank miserably there. I've only seen third at Fed Ex briefly. Sadly when I added a little gas tonight I accidentally put it too much and will have half a tank at the event. =(
    Last edited by hepcatz; 08-13-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

^^ me too, I'll have over half a tank. I'm gonna have to lay on it hard on the drive up, with the AC cranked

Gas is something I rarely think about. We have a lot of cars so we don't put a lot of miles on them usually, and when I gas 'em up I just fill them to overflowing. Then the weekend rolls around and the car that we're racing only has 50 miles on a full tank, and there's no easy way to work that down, then ya got what what ya got. Yeah we'll drive to Bowie in 3rd gear with the air on, but even in a turbo Miata that doesn't make a whale of a difference.

Newman: glad to see you making it after all. And by "nice to see" I mean "(*8&=%6=7&=-=6&7 you!". No, seriously, glad you're back in action.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Seriously, this isn't nationals pro solo. I'll be there with a full tank.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Nice event guys, and great weather for it. Beat my personal goal by over half a second I don't feel bad about being half a second back of an RX8 with R-comps (me with street tires)......

Only thing I think I'd love to see (at all events I go to at Bowie) is more use of the big area on the left of the timing tent.....Instead of just the big square, would have been cool if it was some kind of double-switchback or something....but maybe I just want even more time in my car

will post a few vids and pics later tonight
    Last edited by irish44j; 08-14-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks for a great day! Vids are below. Didn't really take any photos this time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin...DF6F54380575C9
    Last edited by hepcatz; 08-14-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Thread Information