Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

That was definitely a challenging course; I really enjoyed it. So many different line possibilities... Nice job, Sam. Thanks to all the organizers for another great event.

Here's my 5th and fastest run. I believe it was a 39.856.

Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Where are the results for Event #6?

Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    I have no real explanation for these results.
    You can never go wrong with blaming stuff on graining. Or, when in doubt, complain to your race engineer until he lets everyone in the field know that "Fernando is faster than you."

I got all of a quarter of the way through one pass before having brake problems again. Coming into the first sweeper at the far right of the starting gate, I gave the brakes a dab to settle the car and got little to no reaction at all. My braking presence was there but EXTREMELY faint, by the end of the run I genuinely could not stop after passing through timing, I had to cadence brake and use my e-brake just to slow me down to make the right hand turn out of it. Driving home I had to pump the brakes at random intervals with my left foot just to be able to react to stops. Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated yesterday afternoon and considered shelving the car when I got home and begin tearing it down for my FSP build. There is a very strong chance I'll be in a different car next event.

I'm sorry to hear about the car troubles....especially after working your ass off at the starting gate.

btw cant believe you let me go with out my hat....I totally blanked on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the car troubles....especially after working your ass off at the starting gate.

btw cant believe you let me go with out my hat....I totally blanked on that one
    Yea, I crapped the bed on that one.

Thanks for all the positive comments on the course, I had a good time as well. The middle of the course was fun, sweepers rule.

One of my runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9qwDJTp26A

One of Mike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDwkVUzId0w

Mr. Precision Biggins showing us how to stay close to the cones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duo5a5crzgs

Thanks Mike for letting me burn off your tires a bit! Also, Jon Moreland should get props, he was doing timing and announcing at the same time for awhile... Not easy to do.

Looking forward to Waldorf!
    Last edited by SamB325es; 08-15-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: cheese touch

Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    Let's see...

40.3+1
    40.0+1
    40.8+1
    39.6+2
    39.7...+1?

I have no real explanation for these results.

[trackday comedy guy]
    My race tires were heat cycled out and my shock settings were all wrong. My crew is installing fresh rubber as we speak.
    [/trackday comedy guy]

Here's run #4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTUHMMMMzw

Jon had a 37.8 in the STi I think and I heard AJ had a 39.2.
    lol....that's alot of cones

It was probably all that slower traffic keeping you from driving all-out.

Thanks again for letting me use your car Adam, and thank you Sam for letting me slap the camera on it for what turned out to be my quickest run. I guess I need all that smack talk and a camera to put down a good run.

I wish i could have stuck around for the afternoon. It was good to see everyone including some old faces.

As for the "showboating," who cares if you're sideways going around the course? Not everyone is out there to win the F1 championship. IMHO, Any RWD car with power that isn't sideways at Bowie on at least one run just isn't pushing hard enough.

If you had stayed for the afternoon, you would have seen a stock FWD Mazda Protege spending about half his runs sideways (and amazingly always recoverin!). Well, it looked stock at least, but the way it handled maybe he had a huge rear swaybar on there

Big difference between that and stepping out the rear. The drifting and doughnuts can easily get out of the driver's control which could result in unsafe conditions for the car and course workers. Yeah, any driver can loose control but why not minimize it by controlling the controllables since it is not necessary for ax? Just my opinion.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Results are posted.

As usual please post any corrections into the corrections thread and we will take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    Results are posted.

As usual please post any corrections into the corrections thread and we will take care of them.
    LOL! I ran a 39.3 on my only run with my brakes failing? Jeez, now I'm more upset the car crapped out on me =/ I didn't even look at the time when I was passing through the timing gate, I was too busy losing my mind over the fact that I was going to DNF the rest of the day.
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 08-15-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    LOL! I ran a 39.3 on my only run with my brakes failing? Jeez, now I'm more upset the car crapped out on me =/ I didn't even look at the time when I was passing through the timing gate, I was too busy losing my mind over the fact that I was going to DNF the rest of the day.
    thanks alot....I get beat by a guy with no brakes. bleh!

on the upside, the only cars that beat me in class were the wicked STi and two cars with R-comps (I assume that MR2 has rcomps since he's in that class).
    Last edited by irish44j; 08-15-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    thanks alot....I get beat by a guy with no brakes. bleh!

on the upside, the only cars that beat me in class were the wicked STi and two cars with R-comps (I assume that MR2 has rcomps since he's in that class).
    lol, I wasn't at the point of having no brakes =P If I had no brakes, I'd have killed the run immediately. I had enough braking power for me to be comfortable that I could finish the run and not hurt myself or anyone, but that was it. After the top sweeper I was like, "Ok Jim, just finish the pass and bring the car home..."

The RX8's tires were R888's right? Wish I remembered to feel them, I'm debating getting those for my Club Racing car.
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 08-15-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Thread Information