Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PrSLZYAaE

This is how it works (video in G35)

http://www.drivingsystems.com/Menox.html

This shows the mechanism. I think it would be a prudent additional safety check to have someone evaluate the mechanisms for any free play, security of installation, and general operation. It looks like a solid system. I am trying to locate a link to D.O.T. and National Highway Safety approval.

Here is the brochure. http://www.autoadapt.com/produkter/P...rochure_EN.pdf

I'm studying a lot of stuff about Americans with Disabilities and whatnot for school at Maryland Law, so researching some of this stuff kind of falls within what I have been doing... actually it is much easier since there are no cases to read, just some simple internet research. It would be really great if we could get everything squared away safely and to include him. It would be just one more reason that this club is outstanding.
    Last edited by noelleslie; 03-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Awesome. That is the exact system he has. We're going to show up and hopefully it will pass the tech inspection. It's a pretty solid system and he is good at operating it. See you all there.

Also had another question. What class do I run? I have a front strut brace, and a suspension upgrade from bavarian autosport, and a cat-back borla exhaust. Also, when signing up it asks me for worker assignment. What do I choose? Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    Also had another question. What class do I run? I have a front strut brace, and a suspension upgrade from bavarian autosport, and a cat-back borla exhaust. Also, when signing up it asks me for worker assignment. What do I choose? Thanks guys.
    I don't think you've told us what car you drive. Hopefully you can figure out your class from here.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?138-Classes

If it's a BMW the suspension will put you in one of our four "tuner" classes. If it's not a BMW or Mini it would depend on your engine displacement.

For your first event we normally recommend being a course worker. The chief of workers will make a specific assignment that will be appropriate.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

OK I have an '04 BMW 330Ci. So tuner and group three?

Yep. Looking forward to seeing you there.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Classing question

Hey everyone, I noticed you guys changed the ruling this season so showroom class can have any type of wheel as long as factory size is retained. My rear wheels now are holding 245 tires, can I also do this to the front and still be considered factory? I ask this because the ZHP is classed with us in S3 and they have slightly wider tires. Same cars, different trim levels and options in the same E46 class is the confusion. I need clarification on what this means for the other E46's modding in the same class and what our limitations are. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    My rear wheels now are holding 245 tires, can I also do this to the front and still be considered factory? I ask this because the ZHP is classed with us in S3 and they have slightly wider tires. Same cars, different trim levels and options in the same E46 class is the confusion.
    If I may chime in, I think this was brought up two years ago and was clarified in last year's rule. I think for Showroom class it should be stock wheel size and stock placement. I believe this means if it comes from the factory with 245 all around then you're fine but since the sport package for E46 comes with 225 in front and 245 in the back, that's what you should have. ZHP cars on the other hand come with same size all around (not sure if it's 235, 245 or 255) from the factory.

Showroom
    Stock Wheel Size & Stock Placement

Plus the standard 18s that ZHP cars have may be wider but they are also heavier so it may not be too much of an advantage anyway.

Just my two cents, I am sure the Autocross Committee will chime in with the formal ruling.
    Last edited by ea-sport; 04-02-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: copy paste came up weird

I was pretty sure this was the case, just thought it was worth clarification anyway, thanks for the response!

"Replacement Tires, Stock Location, Stock Sizes, DOT Approved w/ 210+ Treadwear" - Showroom classing

Upsizing tires does require you to bump up to Tuner. I'm pretty sure this rule will get a revisit for next season, but as of now, that's how it stands. You're in T3.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Hey guys. Are you allowed to wear shorts? I think I remember someone saying you had to wear pants. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    Hey guys. Are you allowed to wear shorts? I think I remember someone saying you had to wear pants. Thanks guys.
    Shorts are OK for autocross.

Wink dress code

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Shorts are OK for autocross.
    Would Spandex be pushing the envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Would Spandex be pushing the envelope?
    Guess it depends who is wearing it.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-04-2010 at 06:20 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

please, no short shorts, running shorts, or "Bike" brand gym coach shorts....

*note: this applies to men only. The above are encouraged for women

Thread Information